Is Anyone Using Phillips 315 Watt Ceramic Metal Halide?

I am running LEC I have the air cooled sunsystem it just came out ballest included and I love it I grabbed a 3k bulb it's better from seed to harvest

Co2 & ac that guy's on another level lol

I grabbed a couple secret jardin 22w led lamps for vegging yesterday
Likely gonna grab four of the bloom version to supplement lights flowering

They are low draw but according to literature they are equivalent to 55w lamps

So four would add equivalent of 220w to my 630

Let's see what that extra power might do for yield

They are quite handy in that they clip onto the tent frame

Well that's gavita eh, aren't they ultra bright pro lamps?

I'm assuming they are 1kW double-ended ones - so I would also assume their ability to penetrate into a canopy to be significantly better.

Just put a CMH to replace my Mars II 400 in my tent to prepare for my next grow. Got some interesting results from the current tenants of the tent. Picked up 2in in height and fattened up some in 9 week of a 8-9 week strain

Loving em so far
DSC0026915.JPG

These were under the SS400 LED for a few days after transplant on 5/1/17, did not want to throw the intense 315W at them from the start.
20170501_170244.jpg

I removed the LED yesterday and installed the Nanolux 315W NA 5/6/17
20170506_085153_2_.jpg

As they gain height I will be going with a stacked 315W's growing vertical with screens.
The lamp setup without the bulbs
20170429_102601_2_.jpg

The lower lamp stand without the bulb.
20170429_101748_2_.jpg

The total setup, 5 plants tied back to the screens surrounding the lights.
20170429_094944_2_.jpg

They will be under (horizontal grow) for a couple of more weeks then they will go on the stands/screens to begin vertical training.

This is a pic of my last vert grow, 10/24/16, showing how the plants are tied to the screen. This was not a successful grow as I had water issues using the Blumats and all 5 plants ended up in the compost pile. I have since upgraded my irrigation to a drip system.

I enlarged the screens and had to change netting for this round. The lamp for this run was a single 400W HPS.
20161018_133312.jpg

Now to I like the results I got from my last grow using a 315 and the SS400 in a horizontal grow. Put in the jars to cure on 4/19/17
20170328_203416.jpg
20170415_093815_2_.jpg

20170410_152535_2_.jpg
20170419_163843_2_.jpg
20170416_093932_2_.jpg
20170419_164317_2_.jpg

Cool deal was the final weight, 420 grams, 15 zips from the two plants.

GR

Ha ha,
I have been watching McGuyver lately on Netflix.

Using screens in this grow gives me approx 7.9 sq ft per screen. So instead of a horizontal grow in mY 4X4 giving me 16 sq ft, I have a total of 39.5 sq ft of grow area, if I am able to totally fill the screens completely. Screen cost is minimum, since I use a lot of PCV in my retirement job, so most was scrap. I had two inch stainless steel screen for my last vert but changed size of the screens and did not have anymore stainless screen.

Most expensive part of the grow is the extension cable to move the ballast out of the tent.

GR

Did you SCROG when you were horizontal growing mate?

I am a SCROG man myself :)

Here's a few pics of my girls, likely gonna flip em in one to two weeks time

They are monster crop clones, I've had em about three weeks, were about a foot tall when I got em with one main stem

I have LST'd em to the max, using electrical wire thru holes in the rim of the pots

That's a humidifier in the middle kicking out the vapour ;)

I have done no defol at this stage, like to leave em to go nuts at first - gonna strip em back before stretch, after stretch and three weeks after that :)

I did top em last week tho

20170507_181349.jpg
20170507_181228.jpg
20170507_181217.jpg

So to revive an old thread...

I've watched dogwash's grows for a while and have been very impressed, enough that I think I'll switch my aircooled 600w HPS for 2x315 Philips maxibrights Agros. I have a 5x5 flowering space but a quick question on reflectors.

Can I use a normal aircooled reflector like I have with my HPS or will it not penetrate the glass as well? Also, how hot will it get and how close should I keep the lamps? Thanks! Pic for reference.
420-magazine-mobile1209538307.jpg

Hi bro
I don't come on here much these days but got a notification about this post

I have just got some new clones in the tent eight days ago

I had been looking forward to a new grow as I've upgraded my ventilation from last time

It was the hottest part of summer here and keeping tent cool became an issue - i peaked some nights around 35C which is way too warm and slowed growth in the peak two weeks :/

However even with it going wrong like that, I got 37oz from four plants! Awesome
Only my third grow
I have the two 315s plus I've got six secret jardin 22w (55w equivalent) led strips (which i had to reluctantly turn off when it got too hot)

The 315s last time were around 28/29 at the canopy before the weather got hot and before I plugged the led strips in

Right now I am mid veg - only running the two 315s - they are hanging about 18 inches above the canopy and the temp is sitting at 26C

What i have done with the ventilation is key - i did have two five inch (225 L/hr) carbon filter extractors - one vented into the room that the tent is in, one vented just by shoving the pipe into an external vent in the wall

I've added a third five inch carbon filter extractor (360 L/hr) to the room, and I have used two aluminium Y tubings to join the piping all together into one - plus I've boxed the exit off, sealed using bathroom sealant & used metal pipe for outside vent - totally leakproof - so all warm air is totally pumped out of the tent room

This bit of work is keeping top end down

I am looking forward to seeing how cool it will run with the led strips on too

Btw don't put the 315s behind glass - they kick out a lot of UV which gets blocked by glass
You shouldn't need to air cool em, they run cooler than HPS

Yeah, but heat is relative. IIRC, each one still produces just a wee bit over 1,000 BTU/hour of heat. That might or might not be considered to be a significant amount - it depends on the specific grow room.

But assuming it is... I understand the benefit of the UV and all... IF a person wants to try one of these lights, but the need (or even perceived need) to stick it into an air-cooled reflector is causing them to hesitate, well... They still appear to put out a great deal of light for their wattage, and with a good spectral profile. And one can pick up supplemental UV bulbs at any pet store (reptile section), lol, so that can always be added separately.

IOW, they should still be considered, IMHO - even if the grower plans on running them behind glass.

I'm getting ready in 3 weeks with my LEC's. My room is completely sealed, 11x11x7.5. Running 2 630's and a single 315. Can't wait!!
Do you have a journal for the 2 630s grow. I use one 630 and have problems keeping temps down ? You running air conditioning ?? i'd love to follow your grow.:surf:

Back
Top Bottom