Is Anyone Using Phillips 315 Watt Ceramic Metal Halide?

Do you have a journal for the 2 630s grow. I use one 630 and have problems keeping temps down ? You running air conditioning ?? i'd love to follow your grow.:surf:
I don't have a journal yet but hopefully will as of the start of our bloom room. My outdoor will be finished in 3-4 weeks. After that, I need to clone some babies and then it's on.

Do you have a journal for the 2 630s grow. I use one 630 and have problems keeping temps down ? You running air conditioning ?? i'd love to follow your grow.:surf:
Just to add, I'll post temps. I have a 10000 btu a/c unit but it doesn't help much. I usually rely on the extraction fan and intake to keep it cool.
Last winter temps were around 75-80F. With lights off I had a small occilating heater just to keep it at 65-70F.

One 315 and 2 630's

I almost bought a Pontiac once. The '89 with the "Official Pace Car" stickers on the doors. Found a T-Type Regal - same Buick V6 / intercooled turbo / transmission, of course, and a usable back seat & trunk. But that T T/A did look sharp.

On-topic content... Hmm... I got nothin', lol. But I don't think the OP of this thread will get too upset about it ;) .

I vent to the outside with an 8" max fan and it's sealed also. Nothing gets in.
I use a 6", 400 cfm fan with a 20 in carbon filter. I have screen over the end of accordian type aluminum ducting, which runs about 10 feet to an open window. the exhaust is into the next room over. But that 8 in. fan might be the answer, thanks. How big a tent you use the 8 incher for? I'm in a 4x4x6.5.
Again, thanks !!

I use a 6", 400 cfm fan with a 20 in carbon filter. I have screen over the end of accordian type aluminum ducting, which runs about 10 feet to an open window. the exhaust is into the next room over. But that 8 in. fan might be the answer, thanks. How big a tent you use the 8 incher for? I'm in a 4x4x6.5.
Again, thanks !!
I'm not in a tent anymore except for my veg. My room is 11x11x7.5.

Subject line says it all: Is anyone growing with Phillips' 315-watt CMH bulbs? I've read that they blow away 400-watt HPS, but IDK. I also don't know if they are available for mounting in a horizontal orientation or vertical only. Looking for reports/reviews from people who have experience with them (preferably the ones designed specifically for growing plants). Thanks!

Hi there good lights ya better off buying the 315 full thing ballast shade bulb good veg light then wen in flower I put it in the middle of 2 gavita pro 600 good speed on the light plants seem to get on with spectrum .

I have used the 315 LECs along side of 600Watt HPS/MH and I use both the veg and the flower bulbs in there proper order. And after 2 grows the LECS have been as good if not better! They cause your grow to move much faster so if you have a height issue be careful on how long you Veg.
I use Hortilux HPS & MH. and Phillips in my LECs. You will leave a much smaller electrical foot print!

I use two horizontal 315s in 1.5 x 1.5 x 2m area tent along with six led strips

Have a look at my journal to see setup

The 315s are the nuts

This grow is my third time using em

I use the veg bulb up to the end of the two week stretch, then switch to the bloom bulb for rest of flowering

Last time i got 37oz from four plants

Last time they were several inches past my knee when i flipped em
They got almost too tall, mid chest height

This time i flipped em sooner, knee height - already in four days i am sure they have leapt up six inches in height - they are going insane growth wise

new member here- last winter/into spring I ran '3' vipar 300w led's in my 3.5/4ft tent- temps were in the 70's.. not happy with the grow, I added a 8bulb 4ft fluor. it raised the temps to the low 80's, as long as the flap was open- with it closed some morn's the temp was over 100- needless to say I toasted the plants.

now I'm back with 1 315cmh. I've been veggin for about 1month, and vu its winter, high temps aint the problem, but overnite the temps go down to high 50's/low 60's- during the day they are a steady 70/72- I'm thinkin of adding 3or4 screw-in type 2700 temp led's on the sides . so far with just the 315, plants look good...real good... they are in 1 gallon containers, and will swap em into 5gall fabric containers this weekend.. I'm a bit nervous that '1' 315 isn't enough, and that if I add the 8bulb fluor, it will again raise the temp toooo high

so far I have a fan blowing from the outside into the bottom side vent, have 2 of the top vents open , tho no exhaust fan yet installed. i'll post some pics next few days... but my real question is do u think '1' 315 is enough??

new member here- last winter/into spring I ran '3' vipar 300w led's in my 3.5/4ft tent- temps were in the 70's.. not happy with the grow, I added a 8bulb 4ft fluor. it raised the temps to the low 80's, as long as the flap was open- with it closed some morn's the temp was over 100- needless to say I toasted the plants.

now I'm back with 1 315cmh. I've been veggin for about 1month, and vu its winter, high temps aint the problem, but overnite the temps go down to high 50's/low 60's- during the day they are a steady 70/72- I'm thinkin of adding 3or4 screw-in type 2700 temp led's on the sides . so far with just the 315, plants look good...real good... they are in 1 gallon containers, and will swap em into 5gall fabric containers this weekend.. I'm a bit nervous that '1' 315 isn't enough, and that if I add the 8bulb fluor, it will again raise the temp toooo high

so far I have a fan blowing from the outside into the bottom side vent, have 2 of the top vents open , tho no exhaust fan yet installed. i'll post some pics next few days... but my real question is do u think '1' 315 is enough??
Enough for what ? How many plants? The size I grow, one 315 will bloom 2 plants, but If plants were smaller, then maybe you could get 6 under same 315. Or 30 plants in a SOG. Your 315w lec will cover a 4x4 during veg., but only a 3x3 space in bloom. Your other issue is your cob job fan. That should be your next purchase. You will never be successful, without good air circulation. And duct air from an open window, if possible. I would remove the 8 bulb light, cause that 315 is going to cover your 3.5x4 area. I grow 4 plants, in a 4.5x4.5X6.5. In the past, I have grew 9,. 6, 5, but I find for my style of growing, 4 plants works best for me. if you want to grow anything though, you have no choice but to get the fan & filter. And if you wanted to add one more 315w lec, then you would rock that 3.5x4. I run a 630 lec in one of my 4.5x4.5 spaces and it does a fine job. But I run a 6" exhaust fan on high, most of the time. High today was 24, low tonight is 13.

Enough for what ? How many plants? The size I grow, one 315 will bloom 2 plants, but If plants were smaller, then maybe you could get 6 under same 315. Or 30 plants in a SOG. Your 315w lec will cover a 4x4 during veg., but only a 3x3 space in bloom. Your other issue is your cob job fan. That should be your next purchase. You will never be successful, without good air circulation. And duct air from an open window, if possible. I would remove the 8 bulb light, cause that 315 is going to cover your 3.5x4 area. I grow 4 plants, in a 4.5x4.5X6.5. In the past, I have grew 9,. 6, 5, but I find for my style of growing, 4 plants works best for me. if you want to grow anything though, you have no choice but to get the fan & filter. And if you wanted to add one more 315w lec, then you would rock that 3.5x4. I run a 630 lec in one of my 4.5x4.5 spaces and it does a fine job. But I run a 6" exhaust fan on high, most of the time. High today was 24, low tonight is 13.

thanks Slow P- at the moment i have '4' plants which have been veggin under the light for 3+weeks - i will transplant them from their 1gall pots to 5gallons this weekend. i also have '3' seedlings which i will veg under the 8bulb fluor in another room.. for fun i turned on the 8bulb fluor today .. within an hr the temp spiked from 72 to almost 90... and thats with the front flap open- i shut that sucker rite down... i'm thinking now to maybe add '4' of the home depot 100w screwin led's to supplement the 315... i bought a 6'' inline fan (filter is coming), and can easily exhaust out a window... but at the moment i keep the front flap open during the day, and have a fan blowing into the tent from the side bottom vent .. presently the outside temps are close to yours , 25daytime, a bit lower at nite- at nite i have to close the flap to try n keep some warmth in there... it can go down to 58/59 which is a bit colder then i want... i have been leaving the garage heater on a bit to keep the temps up in the lower/mid 60's ...maybe they will purple up during flowering...

thanks Slow P- at the moment i have '4' plants which have been veggin under the light for 3+weeks - i will transplant them from their 1gall pots to 5gallons this weekend. i also have '3' seedlings which i will veg under the 8bulb fluor in another room.. for fun i turned on the 8bulb fluor today .. within an hr the temp spiked from 72 to almost 90... and thats with the front flap open- i shut that sucker rite down... i'm thinking now to maybe add '4' of the home depot 100w screwin led's to supplement the 315... i bought a 6'' inline fan (filter is coming), and can easily exhaust out a window... but at the moment i keep the front flap open during the day, and have a fan blowing into the tent from the side bottom vent .. presently the outside temps are close to yours , 25daytime, a bit lower at nite- at nite i have to close the flap to try n keep some warmth in there... it can go down to 58/59 which is a bit colder then i want... i have been leaving the garage heater on a bit to keep the temps up in the lower/mid 60's ...maybe they will purple up during flowering...

Hey mate, i use Philips daylight 315s myself, plus secret jardin led strips

I've got a 1.5m square tent (2m tall)

Grow 4 plants

Got two of the 315s hanging up, four smaller led strips in the corners plus two longer led strips hanging up with them

Have a look at my journal for pics ;)

I've got a small oil heater in the tent set to come on when they are in the dark (thermostat set to 20C)

If i can help u i will try :)

So If you run your lights at night, then lights off during the nice warm day. That's how I do it.

So If you run your lights at night, then lights off during the nice warm day. That's how I do it.

yea but the day/nite time temps aren't that much of a diff, n any tending I need to do is usually during the day.... but I do have a garage heater which I'm now keepin at 60, so the temps in the tent should be 5/7degrees warmer... as I said maybe i'll get some purpling...:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom