Is anyone using the Ardent?

Yes, I bought the Ardent. I have been using it for less than a year. I'm happy I bought it because it makes oil infusion extremely simple. (However, I have some big criticisms too; which I'll talk about at the end. )

All key steps are automatic. First, decarb (just means heat up your weed; no oil at this point). Wait 1 hour 45 minuntes. Step 2. Remove decarbed weed, put weed in glass jar, poor olive oil over the weed. Step 3. Put the weed and oil back into the Ardent. Let cook for 2 hours. Step 4. --Remove oil and weed mixture and strain out your oil. You're done.

I would recommend it to anyone who wants to make weed oil and who does not want to mess with ovens, cook times, and pots and pans.

Does it smell? Not the first time you use but by the 2nd, 3rd, etc...it will smell. Not as bad as if you do it the oven but it definitely stinks. It also stinks when you open it. However, there are ways around this....if you have an extension cord you can do your cooking outside or on a back porch, windowsill, etc.

Build Quality of the Ardent: On a scale of: Very Poor to Great I'd say it's between "Very Poor" and "Poor."

I was aware of the poor build quality when I bough the Ardent so I tried to be very careful with it. The case cracked a lot in the first 30 days. After a few months the whole electronics module fell out---still connected though.

Does Build Quality Rule it Out: No. As soon as you get your Ardent start to beef it up....put Gorilla tape around the seam between the furnace and the electronic module....this isn't techy---just a simple tape job.

I really enjoy my Ardent and my oil and I almost never vape or smoke anymore. If you want my recipe or ratio of weed to oil just ask.

I love the Ardent, it's super easy, seems to work very well, and they have lots of test results, which I really like. I recently got the silicone sleeve for it which made it a lot easier for me, highly recommend it. Mine still doesn't smell much after more than a year of use, but I might not notice since my house already smells like a dispensary most of the time.

:passitleft:

I've gotten to the point where I only enjoy cannabis as an edible oil.

I have one basic recipe. I use 7 grams of weed. I always use the highest THC weed available; usually 20%. (The steps are described in my previous post above.)

It's all quite simple. First decarb the 7 grams. Then place weed in small glass jar. Pour 70ml of good oil such as coconut, olive, hemp, over the decarbed weed. Pop it back in the Ardent.

After 2 hours the oil will be infused with THC and the light on the Ardent will go from red to green.
Once the oil weed mix cools down a little you can strain off the cannabis oil. Getting the oil out is a matter of squueezing it out or pressing it. People use cheesecloth; put the weed in the cloth, make a ball and wring it all out. I've tried different ways and I finally stumbled up a big oversize plastic syringe. It's way less messy than cheesecloth because with cheesecloth it's hard to keep the oil off your hands. You can always lick it off for effect though.

Some people put their oil into capsules that you can order. That's too fussy and messy for me. I just use a 1ml dropper to get the oil.

Based on my experience with THC capsules, tinctures, oils etc, I generally take about 5ml of the oil. Which I'd estimate to be about 60 to 100 mg of THC based on my previous experience with THC capsules, tinctures, oils etc, People with low tolerance would be best served by starting much lower like 1 or 2 mls which I'd guess would be 20-40 THC mgs.

If you keep the oil under your tongue for 2 minutes and swish it all around your gums etc, it'll hit a lot faster; like within 45 minutes. If you just swallow it it will take longer; and that's a fact.

My new Ardent quit after bout 12 loads over a two week period. Outer plastic has two hair cracks. Basically aesthetics doesn't affect operation. THEN the heater quit working. Now in the middle of harvest I have to go back to hand decarb. It is marvelous device but if it breaks down it is useless.

Where to get it repaired is another issue. I need a replacement? The company simply ignores e mails

I use the Ardent to decarb, then make marijuana infused olive oil in the MBM. It is always perfect.

My new Ardent quit after bout 12 loads over a two week period. Outer plastic has two hair cracks. Basically aesthetics doesn't affect operation. THEN the heater quit working. Now in the middle of harvest I have to go back to hand decarb. It is marvelous device but if it breaks down it is useless.

Where to get it repaired is another issue. I need a replacement? The company simply ignores e mails

I use the Ardent to decarb, then make marijuana infused olive oil in the MBM. It is always perfect.
Looks like I'm not the only one to buy a bad unit from them. My first worked great for the first 7 uses. On the 8th, the unit never shut off and its supposed to auto shut-off (after 2 hrs at most). A second unit I bought never shut off on the first two uses. So I decided SCREW ardent. I bought me a Quincy Lab oven. It has a + or - of only 6 degrees. Nothing else can touch that. I have perfect decarbs every time, no worries either.

Received a replacement Ardent and ran one oz decarb. All worked well. Made an infusion half a liter with about 4 ounces of decarb pot. Will be ready in a few hours. The decarb material was placed in the Magic Butter Machine. Previous batches have been excellent.

Cost was a 100 to get a replacement and the shipping was 41 dollars, paid at my door.You pays your money and take your chances. If it breaks down again I will go back to basics and do it by hand. It is made in PRC (China).

I have been experimenting with pot infusions. Got some economic results.

I use a machine which is basically a small temperature controlled container. It makes a neat ten day supply about in a few hours. The device is Ardent

System is take good flower about 10-30 grams.. Place in Ardent fresh or slightly dried. Decarbonoxylated in about 3 hours. Cover with olive oil and repeat. The oil becomes infused with THC. Dose is a half to full teaspoon. Ingest. Effect takes about an hour to act, and it stays for about four hours.

This is called marijuana infused olive oil. It is ideal if one grows plants instead of buying. Four plants give a lot of oil. I use it periodically as an aid for sleep with mixed results. I don't smoke so this is my chosen method of ingesting.
ardent-nova-review-coupon.jpg

Yes, I bought the Ardent. I have been using it for less than a year. I'm happy I bought it because it makes oil infusion extremely simple. (However, I have some big criticisms too; which I'll talk about at the end. )

All key steps are automatic. First, decarb (just means heat up your weed; no oil at this point). Wait 1 hour 45 minuntes. Step 2. Remove decarbed weed, put weed in glass jar, poor olive oil over the weed. Step 3. Put the weed and oil back into the Ardent. Let cook for 2 hours. Step 4. --Remove oil and weed mixture and strain out your oil. You're done.

I would recommend it to anyone who wants to make weed oil and who does not want to mess with ovens, cook times, and pots and pans.

Does it smell? Not the first time you use but by the 2nd, 3rd, etc...it will smell. Not as bad as if you do it the oven but it definitely stinks. It also stinks when you open it. However, there are ways around this....if you have an extension cord you can do your cooking outside or on a back porch, windowsill, etc.

Build Quality of the Ardent: On a scale of: Very Poor to Great I'd say it's between "Very Poor" and "Poor."

I was aware of the poor build quality when I bough the Ardent so I tried to be very careful with it. The case cracked a lot in the first 30 days. After a few months the whole electronics module fell out---still connected though.

Does Build Quality Rule it Out: No. As soon as you get your Ardent start to beef it up....put Gorilla tape around the seam between the furnace and the electronic module....this isn't techy---just a simple tape job.

I really enjoy my Ardent and my oil and I almost never vape or smoke anymore. If you want my recipe or ratio of weed to oil just ask.
Both of my Ardent Nova's have been used "light duty" and they both have cracked. I've been told that they will do something but due to the COVID19 situation, they are short staffed. I used mine for small batch, always cool before running a second cycle as I primarily use for CBD and they recommend two cycles for CBD. I also have a LEVO2 which I prefer for infusing because it has a magnetic stirrer and a dispensing mechanism, and the test results are marginally better. I have Ardent's new FX on order, but I hope they make it right on the $420 I've already spent on these two units that each died after only a few months of light use.

Attachments

• 2020-03-17 19.50.02-1.jpg
    2020-03-17 19.50.02-1.jpg
    475.3 KB · Views: 421
I wouldn't waste my time or money on one. I have bought 2 and neither one of them were worth a crap !!! The first one worked 7 times, then wouldn't shut off like its supposed to. It has an "Auto" off, its all self controlled. The second never shut off one the first use !!!! They are JUNK and a RIP-OFF !!!! When I called them about the first one, they tried to blame me !!!! How is it MY fault when its supposed to be auto controlled? I then bought a Quincy lab oven, brand new, on ebay. It has NEVER let me down and I get a perfect decarb everytime.

I wouldn't waste my time or money on one. I have bought 2 and neither one of them were worth a crap !!! The first one worked 7 times, then wouldn't shut off like its supposed to. It has an "Auto" off, its all self controlled. The second never shut off one the first use !!!! They are JUNK and a RIP-OFF !!!! When I called them about the first one, they tried to blame me !!!! How is it MY fault when its supposed to be auto controlled? I then bought a Quincy lab oven, brand new, on ebay. It has NEVER let me down and I get a perfect decarb everytime.

Time and temp?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    528.1 KB · Views: 471
245 - 250 degrees, for 45 min. Be sure to cover them with foil, (dull side out) or they will burn up. Don't grind the buds either, just break them down into pellet sized pcs. Thats the one I have. I have my temp knob set just over 4.

Attachments

• 290561CD-5098-4D8F-8729-267E5BE2372F.jpeg
    290561CD-5098-4D8F-8729-267E5BE2372F.jpeg
    753.6 KB · Views: 294
  • 63B8C168-BCBB-45BA-9714-860D3EC97B3F.jpeg
    63B8C168-BCBB-45BA-9714-860D3EC97B3F.jpeg
    554.8 KB · Views: 310
Something like this is what they should look like. Let the buds cool off for at least 30 min before opening them up. That makes a lot of difference believe it or not. If you get the oven, its gonna take some time to get the temp to stay. Be patient, it does take some effort, but once you get the temp where you want it, its perfect. Just turn it off, never adjust it after that.

Attachments

• D3827475-34C6-4F37-9BF0-E51FD09BDBD3.jpeg
    D3827475-34C6-4F37-9BF0-E51FD09BDBD3.jpeg
    804.2 KB · Views: 281
  • 4FEA30C7-8A7A-48C5-BD6F-8E1DEA492B19.jpeg
    4FEA30C7-8A7A-48C5-BD6F-8E1DEA492B19.jpeg
    1,012.4 KB · Views: 270
Man that sucks about the broken plastic, do they still work? I’ve used mine over 50 times and so far no issues. ::knockonwood::

The new FX model looks pretty cool. It looks to have a metal case, I guess the cracking was probably fairly common on the old one or they wouldn’t have switched. Shit now I’m worried about mine breaking.

:passitleft:

Can't go wrong with the instapot technique from Sweetsue.

I bought one of the early models. I was one of the recipients of one of the stinky lids that I got little support from the company on this issue. The ploblem was easily remedied with a bit of aluminum foil. For the ridiculous price, I would have expected better.

While the price versus quality is a bit hard to swallow, I’ve been thoroughly satisfied with the end results over the years. I consider the Nova as the most overpriced, poorest quality essential tool in my apothecary cabinet! I’ll never be without one!!

Back
Top Bottom