Is anyone using the Ardent?

Can't go wrong with the instapot technique from Sweetsue.

I use a magical butter and Levo machine and made enough oil for personal use , for a long while ..but I have been lending my ardent out not knowing they have been cracking , so, it's nice to have another option ! Thanks for the link
namaste :)

Yes, I bought the Ardent. I have been using it for less than a year. I'm happy I bought it because it makes oil infusion extremely simple. (However, I have some big criticisms too; which I'll talk about at the end. )

All key steps are automatic. First, decarb (just means heat up your weed; no oil at this point). Wait 1 hour 45 minuntes. Step 2. Remove decarbed weed, put weed in glass jar, poor olive oil over the weed. Step 3. Put the weed and oil back into the Ardent. Let cook for 2 hours. Step 4. --Remove oil and weed mixture and strain out your oil. You're done.

I would recommend it to anyone who wants to make weed oil and who does not want to mess with ovens, cook times, and pots and pans.

Does it smell? Not the first time you use but by the 2nd, 3rd, etc...it will smell. Not as bad as if you do it the oven but it definitely stinks. It also stinks when you open it. However, there are ways around this....if you have an extension cord you can do your cooking outside or on a back porch, windowsill, etc.

Build Quality of the Ardent: On a scale of: Very Poor to Great I'd say it's between "Very Poor" and "Poor."

I was aware of the poor build quality when I bough the Ardent so I tried to be very careful with it. The case cracked a lot in the first 30 days. After a few months the whole electronics module fell out---still connected though.

Does Build Quality Rule it Out: No. As soon as you get your Ardent start to beef it up....put Gorilla tape around the seam between the furnace and the electronic module....this isn't techy---just a simple tape job.

I really enjoy my Ardent and my oil and I almost never vape or smoke anymore. If you want my recipe or ratio of weed to oil just ask.

Where are your recipes? Can you share them please?

As a follow up to my post about the two trashed Ardent Novas, Ardent graciously replaced both, having first offering me a "deal" to pay $150 to forego the two replacement units and "upgrade" to the FX which I already had on order. I passed the first time. I got the two replacement units, gave one away, and the other cracked on second use. They have not fixed that issue, so I bit the bullet and took their second offer on the second FX since I now had a few months in with the FX. The FX is a world class decarb unit. It is literally perfect every time. However, the infusion cycle is only 165 degrees. I use MCT oil which you usually infuse between 185-205. I do it at 195 degrees, then a cool down to 160, add terpenes and run for an additional two hours. I have tested using T Check after infusing with the FX and have gotten weak results, then re-infused using the Levo at my usual temps. I like the two decarb cycles on the FX because I do both THC and CBD. The idea of baking in a tall device without a good way of removing the product is a bit over the top for my tastes. But I stand by the unit as the best decarb option out there. I'd like to see our dispensary carry it. Not the Nova though because we'd get them all back when they crack.

Looks like I'm not the only one to buy a bad unit from them. My first worked great for the first 7 uses. On the 8th, the unit never shut off and its supposed to auto shut-off (after 2 hrs at most). A second unit I bought never shut off on the first two uses. So I decided SCREW ardent. I bought me a Quincy Lab oven. It has a + or - of only 6 degrees. Nothing else can touch that. I have perfect decarbs every time, no worries either.
Another plus is that it's a minority owned company.
That’s pretty obvious based on the cheap build and terrible customer support. But yeah, that is a plus smh
Another plus is that it's a minority owned company.

Got one , Ardent FX LOVE OT! Made my wold of decarboxylation and infusion an easy task and my edibles and MCT is on point EVERY TIME! I recommend it👍👍

IMG20231123060359.jpg

Got one , Ardent FX LOVE OT! Made my wold of decarboxylation and infusion an easy task and my edibles and MCT is on point EVERY TIME! I recommend it👍👍

IMG20231123060359.jpg
I put my pressing bags in there after pressing rosin HOLY CRAP some of the best edibles I've ever had My better half does all the infusion And does a GREAT JOB I might add!

Back
Top Bottom