Is Cannabis Endemic In Canada

I live in Ontario and am almost 60 and have never in my life seen it growing wild or ever heard any stories about it. I find it hard to believe.

absolutely grows wild in india,, we was just chattin with our east indian neighbours about it growin wild there,, they even had pics,, not of the weed, but of their backyard,, and there was weed growing just outside the fence

ha,, cheers :volcano-smiley:

I actually was just looking into all this recently. The Himalayas and India as well as the middle east were the first places it was brought. In fact, it is interesting that many scientists/taxonomists/botanists believe that originally it was all indica and as it spread north it evolved into ruderalis and as it was spread to hot equatorial regions it evolved into sativa. Also of interest is that some scientists/botanists believe that there is a 4th species that is endemic (native) to China and that it is the original species and that even indica came from that species. I find it all very fascinating.

Help me solve an argument with the missus. She says it was growing wild in Saskatchewan where she lived as a kid. I'm callin bullshit. Who's right?
The explorer Jacques Cartier reported seeing “wilde hempe” in Canada.
dont believe the guberment man... its always been here mannn

Help me solve an argument with the missus. She says it was growing wild in Saskatchewan where she lived as a kid. I'm callin bullshit. Who's right?

"The French explorer Jacques Cartier also reported seeing wild hemp during each of his three journeys to Canada between 1535 and 1541. His last report enthused that “the land groweth full of Hempe which groweth of it selfe, which is as good as possibly may be seene, and as strong.” "

my readings also indicate that hemp was very widely distributed,, once upon a time,,

hence,, the differing varieties,, for mid , upper and way upper latitudes, and altitudes, and lengths of growing season, etc,,, ya know,, sativa, indica and rudies,, ha

will we all ever know the facts,, well maam, dunno,, ha

We certainly have a ton of stinging nettle here in BC, which has the common name of Indian hemp. I’m skeptical about cannabis ever being endemic here though. I used to see it all over the place in bushes and ditches in Thailand. Didn’t ever see it in India though, but the place is so overcrowded you don’t see many wild anythings there anymore.
Smoked plenty...

hemp was grown extensively in sask until the 1930's. there was a concerted gov't effort to eradicate it.
it was not so much a commercial crop, mostly grown for rope and clothing fiber used internally on family farms etc.

it still pops out here and there. i doubt it had much of the properties sought after by most of us.
there are a few guerrilla grow plants that get loose as well. we have a lot of secluded farm land.

There's a sweet old Polish lady that used to come in to the restaurant on fridays to make borcht and cabbage rolls for the special. we would sit and have coffee together in the morning and talk. she told me so many stories about living in Poland as a child.

she once told me that her father would keep a big field of hemp for rope and even clothes i guess. i gave her a pot seed once ( she asked for it ) and she came to me at the end of summer with a beautiful sativa saying how much is stinks LMAO. this is how i got my start in growing a year ago.

sorry to veer off so far guys.

Back
Top Bottom