Is Cannabis Intelligent?

i actually really enjoyed that reading that post,

especially how you doubled back to what we perceive as "free will" or "intelligence" being just a convoluted version of natural processes. it's true! if we scale everything down enough it becomes quite obvious that everything we do is just a sum of cause and effect. and that real free will is virtually non-existent. it's just something we tell ourselves to make us believe we are better than anything and everything that inhabits this beautiful uni-(or multi-)verse.

wow i sure can get excited about stupid stuff reading that again lol, i'm not even high :D

still, nice post!

Why is it so difficult for some people to understand intelligence from any perspective than their own? Plants have survived, without damaging the earth, for billions of years. Much more intelligent use of their environment than is displayed, by say, intelligent humans.
Plants cant hear? Sciencegrow, your logic is that they cannot hear, but they can react to the vibrations that are sound waves. Forgive me if i am incorrect, but that is exactly what we define as hearing in our species. The ability to interpret vibrations. You go so far as to say that different plants may be able to react to different patterns and intensities in different ways. If you want to really separate what we do, from what plants do, then you should be using terms like 'human intelligence,' 'human hearing,' etc. The truth is, science cannot explain everything away. You categorize and disassemble, which is only one way to define your world. Modern science cannot figure out how we built pyramids, and you want to claim all of these 'facts' as the ultimate understanding, that we need look no deeper, in the name of science? Scientific answers should read more like this, "According to the current definitions set forth by science and our understanding of it, I do not believe plants are able to hear the way humans do, although it has been proven that plants are able to react to sound, or more specifically the vibration that is sound, which is extremely similar to the way humans define hearing." But no, that open mindedness ended a long time ago. I do believe plants are intelligent, as they are not only able to radically change their environment (ie: providing enough oxygen in the atmosphere for larger and larger animals to develop, which in turn made more plants food, which in turn allowed said plants to spread their genetics farther and farther), but are also able to clearly react to stimulus in their environment, which we all seem to agree on. Maybe we really should define plant and human intelligence as two separate categories, since plants and humans are two separate categories for life. Or maybe, there is only one form of intelligence, and all life on earth is just a facet of that intelligence. Either way, the tone of those responses is quite condescending, which is unnecessary. DBAD

I had to go away on business last month. Asked a close and skilled and trusted friend to babysit my girls.

When I got home I went straight to their room and opened the door and said, "Hi girls. Daddy is home."
From the back of the room I heard, "Where you gone?"
Now, THAT is not smart. Insulting the person who feeds, protects and nurtures you.
Not smart.

~ Auggie ~

Have any of you guys heard of Cleve Backster and his work on the intelligence of plants (primary perception)?

Scientific evidence collected over decades that illustrates without a shadow of a doubt that plants perceive and can be measured reacting to the thoughts and actions of beings - both human and non human - around them

Yes, plants pick up on your intentions towards them

Cleve Backster - Primary Perception And The Consciousness Of Plants

Perhaps the question ought to be are humans inteligent? We bumble about based on cause and effect. We percieve vibrations and call it hearing. Light bounces off of an object into our eyes we percieve and call it seeing.

Is a new born considered inteligent? Is a catatonic considered inteligent? The lack of definition of the word inteligence is exasterbating this debate.

What does the word "inteligent" imply. And what are the implications, if any, of a plant being described as inteligent?

Reading over these posts leads me to one more question. Why is it that the idea of plants being "inteligent" seems to draw such a deep emotional response from people? On both sides!

I myself believe all energy is conscious, not necesarily self conscious but conscious. I also dont believe in inteligence.

Back
Top Bottom