Is cooking with cannabutter a guaranteed high?

sharif

my friend made some dro brownies last night and she gave me 1. its not like shes a liar or anything like that, nor is this her first time makin them. if anything shorty is a seasoned pot head plus shes like 10 years my senior so she been doing this for a while. anyway i ate it, 9 hours b4 that i ate a fish burger and thats it for the day. after eating the brownie i was told to give it 45 to 2 hours i said cool. well, nothing happened lol. so like, is it me or maybe the butter wasnt that strong? i was really disappointed cus i thought i found a really good alternative to smokin but i guess its spliffs and bongs 4 life

I made butter..once... still got some...

I never cooked with it though, I just eat it straight off the spoon. It tastes yukky (I lie-I have developed a taste for it now) to most folk.

I can see myself eating two brownies, munchin' out and doin the rest of the pan...

I also have noia's about overcooking and/or thinning it out to much and making it useless: doing so would B considered drug abuse IMHO...

Right now a teaspoon is the hammer of the gods for me and guarantee's 10-12 hours of hardcore, WTF hit me sleep after I strut around like a zombie for a while.

IS thier a scientifically proven temperature point where it will do it thing loose effectiveness for the finished product... I'd love to know this as the way I see to cook with it is alot different than what I have seen in the past.

Yeapper, I've done that a time or two.

below 200 is best when making butter, I even try to stay at 150.

Thanks man, you just saved:adore: 6 grams keif and my mothers super fudge from being super fail. ..

My moms fudge is never fail.. it;s always the best... but we're about to give it that little something extra. Normal recipe calls for a massive amount of sugar and evaporated milk at a rolling(blunt) boil... way hotter than 200f. But I have an idea... Should try it out in a couple of weeks...

I also have noia's about overcooking and/or thinning it out to much and making it useless: doing so would B considered drug abuse IMHO...

Right now a teaspoon is the hammer of the gods for me and guarantee's 10-12 hours of hardcore, WTF hit me sleep after I strut around like a zombie for a while.

You crack me up. :cheesygrinsmiley::peace:

Other than butter I have found adding said THC laced tincture close to the end is the best way.

Damm... blame my mom but baking ( the OTHER kind) has been a hobby of mine for a while so I am familiar with function in the kitchen.

I have used said materialsd more than once now to cook with. I find monitoring the temp is the best way. There is always a magical point where the food substance is cool enough and still plyable enough to add the THC concentrate; sometimes it takes some hardcore stirring..

HEre is what I am thinking next:

Chocolate dipped pretzels. The temp that chocolate melts and tempers at is very low. The addition of some serious strength butter at this point wpuld blend well with the chocolate, not burn off the important stuff and cool down enouff to encapsulate the magival butter within the confine of the chocolate... DONT ADD TO MUCH! U will water down the chocolate or maybe cause it to cool to fast, with that you will not get it to return to a solid or even worse have a seperation of the ingredients in the chocolate making it have a grainy texture.

lollipops.. This is trickier as the water/sugar mixture is heated to 305f for the ability to form a hardball. When it is cool enuff to add aftermarket ingredients the mix is becoming solid. Using a mold is out for sure... Again therw ill B a magival point where the aftermarket ingredients can be added (again a string mixture to make sure we dont loosen up our candy mixture!) and thouroughly mixxed throughout the substrate. Hand molding of the lollys is required after this. One of the issues with hard candy is the lack of animal fats for the THC to attach itself to, proper mixxing is essential.

I cant wait to bang out some pops.. Imagine walking around at a concert with a homemade lollipop feeling gooooooood. No hiding in dark corners to puff, no $8.00 beers.. Just a happy lolly.

(WARNING) Making hard candy and lollipops is a heated experience. Imagine the lens of UR HPS smoking away under the glare of lots of wattage... Now imagine very thick water saturated with dissolved sugar working its way to 300f (same hold true for fudge U just stop around 260-280f for a soft ball texture) getting stuck to your hand, colling off against your body temperature and then needed to be peeld off as it has melted itself to the outer layers of UR skin: And yes that means once it touches your skin it is there until it colls off. I have had my fair share of bad burns courtesy of this mixture, all it takes is ONE little touch when molding or pouring and you will NEVER FORGET IT.

the cannabutter high (at least for me) is like getting bludgeoned with a cinderblock. Maybe the fact the batch I made was as concentrated as I could get it: It isn't much that makes me sleep for 14 hours...

agreed i always go for the cinder block feeling when im eating. if the brownie is refrigerated it sometimes takes the butter time to metabolize i always put my brownie or rice crispy on the dash of the truck until it warms up a little or throw it in the microwave for a few seconds to heat it up. metabolizes much faster

Since I don't know what getting bludgeoned by a cinder block feels like and hope I never will, I am going to have to decline said experience.
I do believe however that the high of homemade edibles will vary according to the individual person as well as the cannabis used to make it, as well as the technique used to prepare it.
I could be wrong, :thedoubletake:but I doubt it!!:angel:
Interestingly enough, when I tasted my cannabutter, plain cannabutter, It did indeed temporarily numb my tongue in the spot I put it. I wondered if this was a figiment of my imagination since I do have a wilde one, or actual. So I did it over and over again. with the same results.:drool:

the cannabutter high (at least for me) is like getting bludgeoned with a cinderblock. Maybe the fact the batch I made was as concentrated as I could get it: It isn't much that makes me sleep for 14 hours...

Lol... I'm definitely gonna try to make my batch a little less potent. ;-)

Lol... I'm definitely gonna try to make my batch a little less potent. ;-)

I wouldn't, I would keep it as potent as possible!!!!!!!!!:clap:, even though I don't know what it feels like to get bludgeoned by a cinder block.........
I do so love Cannabis High!!
Hey that sounds like the name of a school or a movie title!!!!!!!!!:biglaugh:

Back
Top Bottom