Is everything okay in this setup? Noob

Sleepydog808

Hello, i have been doing lots of reading on this site and was wondering if someone could give some advice on my setup.
I know that AC infinity would have been better than the fan and filter i got but i figured it will work.
This is my first try so please be kind!
I am still unsure as to what if any nutrients will be needed to go with the Fox farms happy frog soil...
Also unsure how often to water the plants, but ill keep reading and learning as i go.
There is almost to much info and too many different opinions on all this stuff it is difficult.

Any other suggestions / advice>?

Thank you

List:

-Soil: Foxfarm FX14047 2 cu. ft. Ready To Use Happy Frog Potting Soil

-Timer: VIVOSUN Two Pack 7-Day Dual Outlet Digital Program Timer

1664770279173.png

-Thermometer: VIVOSUN Digital Indoor Hygrometer Grow Tent Thermometer, Temperature and Humidity Monitor Meter for Plants

1664770354811.png

-Ph meter

-6"Filter+Fan+speed control:
iPower 4/6/8 Inch Inline Fan Carbon Filter Ducting Combo w/ Speed Controller

1664770382405.png

-Light: VIPARSPECTRA 300W LED Grow Light with Daisy Chain Function, Full Spectrum

-Tent: Gorilla LITE LINE Indoor 2x2.5 Grow Tent

-Seeds: The Attitude Seedbank

You would probably be fine for the first few weeks with that soil as it has some nutes in it so for your young plants it will be enough but once they get bigger you definitely would be needing nutes as they chug along! You can find the foxfarm trio on Amazon or your hydroponics store locally probably cheaper way to go, they have a feeding schedule on their website I follow it to the dot and I've gotten good results with it! Much better then the dispensary stuff I bought before. Also make sure to ph your nutes when you feed your plants.
Make sure you get a couple of fans in there to circulate air and this way also it strengths the stems which will give better support for your flowers in the future.
Couple things I'd suggest.

Fabric pots
Aeration to add to the soil mix, Pumice, Rice Hulls and precharged Biochar.
Adding to this I would also get pot elevator and saucers for the fabric pot so the bottom of your pot breaths and doesn't get water dripping everywhere which can bring up your rh. Adding to this I like to start my gals in 2 Solo cups one red and one transparent so I can see root development before transplanting and the second cup is to cover roots cause they don't do well exposed to light!

Take a read on this for watering it helped me a lot and has worked wonders for me and there's another link at the bottom of the thread showing how to water small plants in final pot of that's the route you want to go.

If you have time drop by my journal and watch along I run with Foxfarm nutes and soil so you can compare notes with me and more then happy to help out!

I ran my first grow in the same size tent as you with very similar set up and I got 14oz only difference is that I had gotten a extra light for flowering cause my 300w led was not going to be enough juice for flowering.
FYI that exhaust system is very loud I ended up getting a ac infinity to replace it and the noise difference is very noticeable I just got my second one a month ago! But if noise isn't a issue stick with it cause it does cost a lot less

Happy growings bud!

Back
Top Bottom