Is ferts. really important?

drey 420

I got 2 seedling about 2 weeks old, but because of where i live i got no way of getting any ferts. Will it hurt my plants if i dont use any?

Yes nutrients are necessary. The plants may grow without them, but they will not grow well and may in fact die.

I find it hard to believe that your town has not one gardening store in it. :hmmmm: Things like fish emulsion or organic tomato ferts. are more than adequate and they do not cost alot or draw any suspiscion upon purchase.

not even a gardening store. im sure your town has a walmart or a kmart in it SOME thing with a garden center. every town has a walmart!!! not feeding you plant is like starving a child or a pet. it needs the nutrients to survive.

yes, yes,yes. i cant imagine where you could be you cant get any ferts, alot of natural food type scources if you cant get it experiment. dried crushed shrimp tails some worm castings from the yard make a tea somany ways just do some research. you dont need mirical grow to grow.

Think about it this way. Soil is soil, 99.99999999999999% percent of plants are grown without any nutes. They DO NOT, I repeat DO NOOTT need it. There is NO way in hell they would die without having them. No way. But it will indeed exaggerate your outcome generously. Can't you just run to a local store and find some ferts? Even walmart will have some, you'll be able to find some bro, might just need to ask around the store. You wont need a greenhouse to find ferts...but you'll want too if you want the perfect ones. Like I said...give walmart a run bro :)

edit: g'luck

I got 2 seedling about 2 weeks old, but because of where i live i got no way of getting any ferts. Will it hurt my plants if i dont use any?
I was told no question is a dumb question. Then I see examples like this. I guess kids will be kids.
Most mj seedlings will grow about ten to 14 inches and then fall over and die.
The fist signs for lack of nutes will be very light green leaves then a wilting look followed by soft stems.
Most soils have enough nutes to get thru the vegging stage but once flowering starts growth rates slow to the point where yeild is seriously compramized or death.

True, but I'm just saying it's possible to grow without, you know? I have several plants in miracle grow (poor things) that I havent ferted yet, basically because I don't really want them too live, but I can't just kill them, so they just sit in the sunlight and we'll see what happens. Some are pretty high, and some are pretty old. If you remember my grow journal I kinda have that in re-veg. And I only ferted that soil prolly 5 times and it was very a very small amount each time, I used about a gallon and a half of fert mix through 5 feedings and that plant poped up Aug of 06 and is still currently on my deck! Plus I guess I didnt assume it was indoors... But yeah, I know using nutes is an awesome advantage, I was just sayin.

But yeah, keep us updated.

Custom your right about using n ferts to grow. Ive done outdoor grows with no nutes or ferts and my plants yielded more than previous grows when i supplied them correctly. However my soil medium was in over abundance of everything vital to plat growth. Ive been using this soil now for my indoor grows as well, because of its capabilities. However if you do not have access to bomb ass soil like i do, then nutes and ferts ARE essential for nice yield.

The best bomb ass organic soil is from the forest.
It occurs after at least ten years of leaf decomposition
you have to clear a space in the thick ground foliage and dig a good hole to collect the soil.
It will have a pleasant aroma and will have plenty of earth worms which you should harvest for tea prodution.
The soil should be mixed with the vermiculite and thats all you need to sustain a very healthy vegitive life.

^ Exactly, my soil is very very dark, and was FULL of earthworms. It also had a tiny bit of peat in it, but i took care of that. I dont care what anybody says. All those bagged soils have nothing on good ol' mother nature.

Back
Top Bottom