Is Isopropyl Alcohol Toxic? A Question From Mile High Cleaner

Is Isopropyl alcohol TOXIC?

• 1, No worse than grain alcohol, it's distilled from plants, right?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. Yes, it is printed on the label "fumes may be toxic"

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • 3. Yes, EPA, OSHA and 8 other government agencies say so

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 4. Yes, as a VOC it is a major contributor to GL ozone and one million deaths yearly

• 5. Yes, it is made from Fossil Fuels

• 6. Who cares, it works and I refuse to pay more money for "bong cleaners" that are just as toxic

• 7. Who cares, shaking and waiting is the best way to clean ever. No improvement needed

• 8. Who cares, It can't harm me, I rinse it away. It is only a couple of ounces.

• Total voters
Just because someone is using facts that directly implicate you as an individual doesn’t mean they’re fear mongering. Attacking someone’s credibility without any sort of factual or evidence based counter argument is closer to said fear mongering.

It seems one person has come prepared with the relevant data and facts, while others have chosen pith and anecdotes.

Just because someone is using facts that directly implicate you as an individual doesn’t mean they’re fear mongering. Attacking someone’s credibility without any sort of factual or evidence based counter argument is closer to said fear mongering.

It seems one person has come prepared with the relevant data and facts, while others have chosen pith and anecdotes.

Oh also I'm wondering do people still light up a lot of bongs with herb?
Does using shatter muck up a bong? as I have no experience with that.
I use one to vape and that really takes a long time before any residue builds up.
And I also use distilled water in the bong which helps a lot.
The potency of bud is orders of magnitude greater than when I started in '73. A single hit is relaxing and relieves pain for about an hour. Dabs cost significantly more per hit but don't provide a commensurate effect for that cost. To me it is akin to going out for a nice dinner. Its a rare treat that I don't do every day or I would overindulge.

Dabs taste great and hit me right in the face but I prefer dabs for special occasions. Pass the bong.

Throwing all the fear bullshit at people to sell your bong cleaner causes total loss of credibility. ”if you don’t clean your illegal paraphernalia with my snake oil you’re destroying the planet.“ Maybe you live in Idaho or Wyoming but calling weed an illegal substance let’s me know who’s side your on. Not sure if your product is going to be around long—maybe try getting a spot on shark tank to boost sales. It’d be a good commercial for you but I don’t think you’d get a shark to buy in.

my wife uses dawn dish soap, hot water and bottle brushes on the bong and it comes out spotless. I use isopropyl alcohol and salt and it comes out spotless.
I appreciate that your wife does not use solvents. Since dawn does not do a great job on resin, does she have to throw the bottle brush away when it gets too bad?
Thanks for your feedback. Knowledge is power. I apologize if my attempt to bring awareness to this very real problem was misconstrued. I presented my research facts as I know them but taint them because I am biased.

The truth is I have been trying to raise awareness since starting in 2015. Mostly this info falls on deaf ears but many are beginning to realize the problem and strive to do something to fix it. Like the eleven companies that private label our formula as their cleaner. They realized a better way and made a positive change. I hope more people come to the same realization.

Have a nice hit...
I know I will.

I appreciate that your wife does not use solvents. Since dawn does not do a great job on resin, does she have to throw the bottle brush away when it gets too bad?
Thanks for your feedback. Knowledge is power. I apologize if my attempt to bring awareness to this very real problem was misconstrued. I presented my research facts as I know them but taint them because I am biased.

The truth is I have been trying to raise awareness since starting in 2015. Mostly this info falls on deaf ears but many are beginning to realize the problem and strive to do something to fix it. Like the eleven companies that private label our formula as their cleaner. They realized a better way and made a positive change. I hope more people come to the same realization.

Have a nice hit...
I know I will.
Great product Jim, keep the faith bro. CL🍀

Thank you very much! I do try to be unbiased and just convey the information as it came. After 32 years as a contractor to the Federal Government and following strict regulating on Clean Air, toxic handling and vapor safety measures I realize there are a lot of bad things out there that we have no control over.
This is a choice that can make a change.

I appreciate the support. Few may encompass all the facts, but fewer still will give it voice...
It helped.
Jim

I appreciate all the facts, and the opinions too in fact, but for me it's pretty simple. My lungs and my nose are offended every time I open the alcohol bottle, and I don't have that problem with your product. (not to mention the speed at which the cleaning occurs which was also an impediment to cleaning my gear before)

Of course, I have now given up smoke in favor of the MagicStone vape + edibles so now your product will probably last me til the end of my days, pretty good deal imo.

I appreciate all the facts, and the opinions too in fact, but for me it's pretty simple. My lungs and my nose are offended every time I open the alcohol bottle, and I don't have that problem with your product. (not to mention the speed at which the cleaning occurs which was also an impediment to cleaning my gear before)

Of course, I have now given up smoke in favor of the MagicStone vape + edibles so now your product will probably last me til the end of my days, pretty good deal imo.
Thank you my friend! You got the lifetime supply in one bottle! You can use it to remove adhesive stickers and labels or clean the oven door or the barbeque grill too. It is actually a pretty versatile formula for removing most stickiness from any hard surface. Try wiping that sticky strip above the vent hood on the stove with a squirt on a paper towel.

The potency of bud is orders of magnitude greater than when I started in '73. A single hit is relaxing and relieves pain for about an hour. Dabs cost significantly more per hit but don't provide a commensurate effect for that cost. To me it is akin to going out for a nice dinner. Its a rare treat that I don't do every day or I would overindulge.

Dabs taste great and hit me right in the face but I prefer dabs for special occasions. Pass the bong.
Yeah I can imagine.. but I was thinking it seems to be a big consumption trend in the States, dabs or edibles, over bong combustion or smoking. And I would think it also leaves a lot less residuals than flaming all the plant matter through it.
I only vape now through the bong and jeebus that's so clean, it takes so long before something starts to cake and it takes so long before even the water looks dirty, and the residue you get after a while is clear instead of brown and it doesn't reek of ashtray.
So since switching to vape if I just rinse it often and keep it fresh I rarely have to deep clean it.

If I now put the flame to the bong it's just instantly disgusting as everything is brown and even the second nug isn't that fresh anymore as already the cold smoke flavour is in there from the previous nug and it's not a nice applewood or hickory touch.

I just rinse mine with a bit of water and use a kebab skewer to scrape out the pipe when it gets clogged up. Who said a bong needed to be spotless? I like a seasoned bong. 😂 Have we created a problem where there wasn't one?

This thread is wild. A man spends time and energy putting together a company because they have put the time in and done the research (more than just 'googling it' which seems to pass as research these days, especially after 2020) and yet we have folks coming in with no research, no facts, no numbers, saying a person who is trying to make things better for a community of people is fear mongering.

Jesus christ. Give me a break. Jim lays out a product and WHY it's beneficial. All some people can do is whine and complain. No one knows (including themselves) why they're complaining because they don't back up their statements with facts. And no, self-imposed subjective thoughts do not count as facts.

As for the product itself, I bought it from the first post Jim posted on this site a few months or so ago. Fast shipping, great packaging, great product that works. Only used a few drops on a bong that hadn't been cleaned in almost 6 months or so. Absolutely disgusting, and I hate to admit that. I've used salt and alcohol before on something as dirty and it took a lot of shaking over a lot of time. Cleaning it with the Mile High Cleaner, well, I didn't shake it at all. I didn't have to. After getting the piece piping hot with just water I mixed some water and some drops inside and between the included brushes and the magnetic scrubbers I had a pristine glass bong in probably 25% of the time I know, from experience, it would have taken to clean it with iso and salt.

Jim: Great product. And thank you for standing by it in this thread and any others I may have missed. I don't know you, you don't know me, but you have the research and facts to back this product up. And I've actually used it. That's all I need to know.

Anyone ever try to use the blue dawn dish soap on their hands after touching buds? I know I did, just yesterday, and it didn't come off using piping hot water and a shit ton of soap, with one of those scrub daddy sponges that's seemingly not a sponge but a piece of swiss cheese plastic that takes off layers of skin at a time. Still sticky fingers. I can't imagine that living in a device I inhale through, building up bacteria over years/decades and forcing it into my lungs. No thank you.

This thread is wild. A man spends time and energy putting together a company because they have put the time in and done the research (more than just 'googling it' which seems to pass as research these days, especially after 2020) and yet we have folks coming in with no research, no facts, no numbers, saying a person who is trying to make things better for a community of people is fear mongering.

Jesus christ. Give me a break. Jim lays out a product and WHY it's beneficial. All some people can do is whine and complain. No one knows (including themselves) why they're complaining because they don't back up their statements with facts. And no, self-imposed subjective thoughts do not count as facts.

As for the product itself, I bought it from the first post Jim posted on this site a few months or so ago. Fast shipping, great packaging, great product that works. Only used a few drops on a bong that hadn't been cleaned in almost 6 months or so. Absolutely disgusting, and I hate to admit that. I've used salt and alcohol before on something as dirty and it took a lot of shaking over a lot of time. Cleaning it with the Mile High Cleaner, well, I didn't shake it at all. I didn't have to. After getting the piece piping hot with just water I mixed some water and some drops inside and between the included brushes and the magnetic scrubbers I had a pristine glass bong in probably 25% of the time I know, from experience, it would have taken to clean it with iso and salt.

Jim: Great product. And thank you for standing by it in this thread and any others I may have missed. I don't know you, you don't know me, but you have the research and facts to back this product up. And I've actually used it. That's all I need to know.

Anyone ever try to use the blue dawn dish soap on their hands after touching buds? I know I did, just yesterday, and it didn't come off using piping hot water and a shit ton of soap, with one of those scrub daddy sponges that's seemingly not a sponge but a piece of swiss cheese plastic that takes off layers of skin at a time. Still sticky fingers. I can't imagine that living in a device I inhale through, building up bacteria over years/decades and forcing it into my lungs. No thank you.
Thank you so much for this! I sometimes only hear the negatives and I REALLY NEEDED your incredibly uplifting and positive words. I will continue the struggle with renewed vigor thanks to you.
p.s. try one drop of Mile HIGH on your sticky fingertips and work it in, then wipe or wash.

I just rinse mine with a bit of water and use a kebab skewer to scrape out the pipe when it gets clogged up. Who said a bong needed to be spotless? I like a seasoned bong. 😂 Have we created a problem where there wasn't one?
That is entirely your choice... Like washing the dishes, doing the laundry, cleaning the house or taking a shower... which I hope you do more often than cleaning your pipe.:oops:
Everything we clean has specialized cleaners and scrubbers to make it easy but I imagine even scraping a pipe takes more time and effort than cleaning the toilet.
Personally, I like the flavor from a clean piece. I used to only care about the effect...Now when I toke it is more akin to enjoying a fine wine. MMM MMM GOOD!

build a closed loop cleaning system. all isopropanol used in cleaning could in theory be recaptured same way its done in closed loop concentrate systems. clean and reuse the same isopropanol without releasing it into the environment

Back
Top Bottom