Is it a Girl??

KushFan

I really appreciate all the help that this site has been so far, in helping me with my first grow. Here's a photo of my largest plant. Btw, this plant was started from seed and was planted around the beginning of March. As you can see I've been using LST and have been letting it grow outdoors.

5_20_012.jpg

I have a couple of closeup shots of what looks like little hairs coming out in the "right" places. Is this the indicator of gender that I have been waiting for?

5_20_07_006.jpg

5_20_018.jpg

Any and all helpful responses are appreciated.

Thanks for the good news!! I have 3 other plants that arent quite as big as this one. They are sitting outside on my 40 foot deck. I've already isolated this plant a good 10-15 feet from the other ones. My other 3 plants range from 1-3 weeks younger than the one in the photo and i have yet to determine a gender on them. Do I need to move it further away from them to avoid the chance that one of my other plants are male and could pollinate my female?

it's outside?

well, if they show sex and it's male and the seeds pop, pollen goes everywhere.. in the air an whatnot.

but you'll catch it before they pop of course.

i'd move the female to another room though.

I really appreciate all the help that this site has been so far, in helping me with my first grow. Here's a photo of my largest plant. Btw, this plant was started from seed and was planted around the beginning of March. As you can see I've been using LST and have been letting it grow outdoors.

5_20_012.jpg

I have a couple of closeup shots of what looks like little hairs coming out in the "right" places. Is this the indicator of gender that I have been waiting for?

5_20_07_006.jpg

5_20_018.jpg

Any and all helpful responses are appreciated.

I'm not seeing anything that says for sure "female" yet. But it's looking good.

it's outside?

well, if they show sex and it's male and the seeds pop, pollen goes everywhere.. in the air an whatnot.

but you'll catch it before they pop of course.

i'd move the female to another room though.
Male plants don't make or have seeds. They make male flowers/pods.

Thanks for the good news!! I have 3 other plants that arent quite as big as this one. They are sitting outside on my 40 foot deck. I've already isolated this plant a good 10-15 feet from the other ones. My other 3 plants range from 1-3 weeks younger than the one in the photo and i have yet to determine a gender on them. Do I need to move it further away from them to avoid the chance that one of my other plants are male and could pollinate my female?
Even 40 feet isn't far enough if the wind is right and the males pollens blows by.

umm hao can u tell its a female?

it looks like a female to me. i can see the lil hairs comin out.

this response is for Dank:

I'm not changing any light cylces at all. i've checked the sunrise/sunset calendar for my region, and currently i'm getting around 14 hours of daylight. once my plant gets big enough, i figured i could force it into flowering by putting it in the dark at the end of each day before the sun goes down to get it closer to having 12 hours of light, or i can just wait til september when the days shorten on their own. once i reach that point i'll make a decision.

Back
Top Bottom