Is it common for fresh cut clones to droop?

I just cut some fresh clones today and I im stuck between using the heat mat or not using it? My house gets a little could at night and i dont know if this will effect the temp in the dome. So right now I have the heating mat on. Any way, The branches are till stiff but the plant tends to drop a little. What should I expect when cloning and what would be a good way to fix the drooping? Thanks ahead of time. :Namaste:

What .... no pictures?? You're always the first one to ask for pics in other threads ....... LOL.

LOL .... I know right. Cant have a question forum with out any pics. Here they go though my first shot at cloning

Using rapid rooter plugs. Soaked them in Old Age kelp and super thrive with a 5 drops of nutes. I did this because Ive read that if you take a clone before flushing the clone will be looking for nutes when it trys to root. I didnt flush :rollingeyes:
IMG_0168_1_1.JPG

Under T8 HO 18/6
IMG_0169_1_.JPG

They look fine. Probably drooping from the shock of clipping them. Mine have drooped too. Still green, but drooping. They will more than likely perk back up when the roots get stronger.

Sometimes my cuttings will droop in the first 24 hrs. They should perk back up. Also, you might be giving them too much light. For the first few days I don't put them under direct light. I give them indirect light. They seem to like that better. :blunt:

Back
Top Bottom