Is it dark enough

Jeezusjuiicee

420 Member
Hello! So I've set up my own diy grow room out of cardboard and a shelf, also some fabric. I have all the seems taped off no light can get in or out, accept one spot I've added an exhaust hole and put a cover over it, Im just wondering if the tiniest bit of light peaked in the bottom of the hole if that's going to cause any problems? Ill post pic of the exhuast so you know what I mean ( little black circles are where vent holes are inside) 2nd pic is underneath shot looking into exhaust
20180729_083451.jpg
20180729_083403.jpg

Light is light, the plants don't know the difference

Yer call if light can get in or not, but you want it totally black during flowering or they can re veg, and that will suck

Alright man thanks so much! Now that you've seen my make shift tent do you have any other ideas of how I could make a vent hole? Or could I get away with making the holes much smaller? Thanks again dude (going to check out your grow journal)

Are u using a forced fan to exhaust? Or just the fan shown?

Biggest thing is with lights in it to see temps

Do a test run, light it up, run yer fans, see how hot it gets

What medium, nutes, and do ya have a pH pen for yer water

I don't have a ph pen for my water and I'm going to use bluesky organics super soil! (Coco coir for 1st 3 weeks) How badly does the water need to be the correct ph? And yea that's the only fan I'm doing one plant in there with 4 CFL mini 100w lights, the fan is going to stay where it is pointing up at those holes, Wich are at the top neat the ceiling of the tent. Oh and what are nutes? Haha and great job on your plants there bud!

Nutes= nutrients

Yes correct pH water will make or kill yer plants if your using tap water
If you have RO water it's fine, but calmag will also be needed

Easy ta get a pH pen on Amazon, well, what country are you in

Thanks, I do enjoy growing and breeding plants

I live in Canada, So I'm lucky room temperature is 70°f. And thanks I'll definitey look into a ph pen! So do you just buy ph up/down for water to fix it? And I was thinking I'll probably just extend that exhaust cover so it's like 3 feet or so instead of 10 inches, and I'll add another fan inside to clip on at the top so it forces air out I don't think like can travel up that far

If your water is like mine you will need to do something

If nutes aren't needed in your soil, then pH up/down may be needed

Get a pH pen asap and go from there

I don't mean to dampen your enthusiasm, but I should be honest. Your grow box looks like a fire hazard. What are the dimensions?

Lmao it's 4 by 2 by 3 feet, and I have air intake underneath my fan, the shelf is off the ground shit a little bit so air comes in from under the shelf in the far back corner

Back
Top Bottom