Is it hard to get a Med. Card in Colorado?

beensmokin420

My girl and I are planning on moving to Colorado soon and we wanted to know how difficult it is to obtain a licsense to grow and smoke medically?

Is is as easy as Cailfornia to obtain a card?

I have Degeneratrive Disc Disease in my lower lumbar and I use pot to ease the pains, which can and will be severe especially, as I age.

Any info appreciated, thanks. :peace:

Here are Colorado's pot laws:

Colorado - NORML

Here's info on the CO MMJ ID cards:

Colorado

SUMMARY: Fifty-four percent of voters approved Amendment 20 on November 7, 2000, which amends the state’s constitution to recognize the medical use of marijuana. The law took effect on June 1, 2001. It removes state-level criminal penalties on the use, possession and cultivation of marijuana by patients who possess written documentation from their physician affirming that he or she suffers from a debilitating condition and advising that they "might benefit from the medical use of marijuana." (Patients must possess this documentation prior to an arrest.) Patients diagnosed with the following illnesses are afforded legal protection under this act: cachexia; cancer; chronic pain; chronic nervous system disorders; epilepsy and other disorders characterized by seizures; glaucoma; HIV or AIDS; multiple sclerosis and other disorders characterized by muscle spasticity; and nausea. Other conditions are subject to approval by the Colorado Board of Health. Patients (or their primary caregivers) may legally possess no more than two ounces of usable marijuana, and may cultivate no more than six marijuana plants. The law establishes a confidential state-run patient registry that issues identification cards to qualifying patients. Patients who do not join the registry or possess greater amounts of marijuana than allowed by law may argue the "affirmative defense of medical necessity" if they are arrested on marijuana charges. To date, approximately 1200 cards have been issues to registered patients.

CONTACT INFORMATION: Application information for the Colorado medical marijuana registry is available online or by writing:

Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
HSVR-ADM2-A1
4300 Cherry Creek Drive South
Denver, CO 80246-1530
Phone: 303-692-2184
Department of Public Health and Environment |

Good luck!:cheesygrinsmiley::peace:

I didnt know, you could have chronic nervous system disorders.. Would that fit in the catagory of Anxiety and panic attacks as well as Post traumtic stress disorder???

Back
Top Bottom