Is it just me??

Mary420juana

Hash Meister
I love zig zag whites and I have always been adamant about using them.. but.. it seem sometime in the last year they changed... all my joints are running.. I have never had this problem before. I assure you I can roll like a pro.. I am not doing anything different... I have been smoking the same weed for a year now but the moisture level is always different or I would just blame it on the dry pot going to dust ( dust dosnt burn evenly) I have gotten frustrated and started switching brands... and other papers dont seem to run as much.. I want to blame it on the company I keep. they puff hard on the doobs and it runs them but even when I smoke alone they try to run... so now I am wondering if its just me or have they changed the glue on the papers or something?? any input?? :passitleft:

((afterthought0) come to think of it.. I used to smoke zig greens untill they started running and I switched to whites (many yrs ago)

Sorry, no help from me. I like smoking from a bowl.
joints1.jpg

"As Alf grew older he began to have trouble with his joints."

Sounds like the company changed the gum on the papers. Sometimes if sugar is present in the muscillage used to make the gum, it can burn unevenly. The other way sugar can make a joint run is if you roll and lick after eating something sweet. Try a mouth rinse before rolling and see if that helps. I found the clear papers never run, but I like the taste of normal opaque cellulose papers.

Sounds like the company changed the gum on the papers. Sometimes if sugar is present in the muscillage used to make the gum, it can burn unevenly. The other way sugar can make a joint run is if you roll and lick after eating something sweet. Try a mouth rinse before rolling and see if that helps. I found the clear papers never run, but I like the taste of normal opaque cellulose papers.

wow moose thanks!! I never thought of that.. I have also gotten addicted to steeped tea this year and I always have one.. now I wonder if its the sugar from the tea when I lick the joint?? I will try that.. thanks again moose :passitleft: mary

herb fellow, what does the caption on that cartoon say?

Mary420juana: i don't know about the white zig zags running, but i recently found an old pack of zigzag whites well preserved at my parents house when i was cleaning. i suppose i could pick up a pack of new papers and do an experiment or even send you a few if you'd like. contact me in a pm if you want me to send them to you. other wise i'll just try and remember to do an experiment when i get some weed.

sounds good let me know the results... well moose I didnt have a tea or anything all morning and they still ran :( i am beginning to get frustrated lol

i was howerver thinking someone should make a paper with a self adhesive strip.. I just pull off the seal and its ready to stick... no running... lol call it "burn right papers" lol... wow I am too tired to be rambling online... time to get higher :passitleft:

Admitedly, this is the kind of thing that would annoy the hell out of me! Everytime I goto smoke a J and knowing it's just going to run, I don't think I could stand that.

Try some other brands. Ez-Widers are alot like Zig-Zags in terms of sizes and CLUB papers have never failed me once. My preference in Zig-Zags is the 1 1/4" Slow-Burning in the orange pack, and these are my top pick amongst some 25-30 different varieties. :grinjoint:

I have been having the same trouble,every tater I roll gets a damn run in it.I belive the glue might be thicker because most of the runs are along or near the glue strip.:bongrip:

Admitedly, this is the kind of thing that would annoy the hell out of me! Everytime I goto smoke a J and knowing it's just going to run, I don't think I could stand that.

And that's why I use a pipe or a bong. For me, it's just so much easier and less messy.

Theres the answer :p

Ok, sorry bout the delay getting back to this. I didn't forget though. I have been smoking this weed just fine out of old zig zags I said I had, now to try a pack I just bought the other day. So here is how it smoked: I lit it and it started to run, I licked my finger and touched it to the side to stop the run, it went out, and I re-lit it. The joint burned perfectly till I put it out about halfway down. The joint was burning at a slight angle when I put it out, but I doubt it would have been a serious run. I must say the current zig zag whites are still a fine way to start the day.

weed that takes longer than seven days to dry begins to breakdown and produce sugars. the longer it rots for the more sugar that is produced. alot of people dismiss this as improperly washed pot with chemical residue. if your weed is burning unevenly or black , sugar is the cause.

Back
Top Bottom