Is it mold?

Giladcohen12

420 Member
So few days ago ive got 3gram of weed for myself, and seems ,like the roots are abit white, and the smell is like mint weed,
does it look like mold? is it safe to smoke these? ive smoked abit and nothing happend but then again i dont know....
5JxCF3Sl.jpg

Looks like it to me too - though of course a person can’t tell for sure from the pics. Assuming it is - If the white part is dry, it will be inactive and not spreading.
Some people freak out about the deadly dangers of mold. I don’t and think there’s actually very little danger from it. But I’d throw out mouldy bud just because it’s obviously not as good as non-mouldy bud.
I’ve got lots of bud though. So if you’re really hard up- it’s been done. And we’re all still here.

Yup looks like it to me is the flower stillmoist
Looks like it to me too - though of course a person can’t tell for sure from the pics. Assuming it is - If the white part is dry, it will be inactive and not spreading.
Some people freak out about the deadly dangers of mold. I don’t and think there’s actually very little danger from it. But I’d throw out mouldy bud just because it’s obviously not as good as non-mouldy bud.
I’ve got lots of bud though. So if you’re really hard up- it’s been done. And we’re all still here.
So ive got abit more photos, some seem fine but if u look at the photo when ive all the "buds" close, in the front some seems sketchy, or its just the trichomes?
MSSaD9cl.jpg

I can’t tell from the pics, but I’ve got some vision issues right now.
Mold, aka budrot, will rot/decay the bud. Drying basically kills the mold and stops it from spreading- but there will still probably be some spores around. When dried, anything that has started to get touched by the decay process will usually be a whitish cream colour. If there is a white area at the base of the bud, surrounding the stem and interior of that part of the bud- it’s probably mold- where someone tried to trim off the moldy bits but didn’t get it all.

I can’t tell from the pics, but I’ve got some vision issues right now.
Mold, aka budrot, will rot/decay the bud. Drying basically kills the mold and stops it from spreading- but there will still probably be some spores around. When dried, anything that has started to get touched by the decay process will usually be a whitish cream colour. If there is a white area at the base of the bud, surrounding the stem and interior of that part of the bud- it’s probably mold- where someone tried to trim off the moldy bits but didn’t get it all.
I save it inside of glass jar, sealed, and the jar sealed in plastic bag with zipper.
i think it will be fine?

So it’s bud you grew and trimmed?
Mold spores are pretty much everywhere in the air and it will grow when conditions are right.
If it’s molding in the jar the white part will feel damp and maybe a bit slimy. It would mean that your humidity is too high - wasn’t dried enough.
In that case dry it out more and trim off the white stuff. The rest should be fine IMO. Or if you are worried about mold health hazards then just toss it all. Some people would, some wouldn’t.
Get some of those little digital hygrometers that got inside a wide mouth jar. Under 70% RH and mold won’t grow. Takes the mystery away.

So it’s bud you grew and trimmed?
Mold spores are pretty much everywhere in the air and it will grow when conditions are right.
If it’s molding in the jar the white part will feel damp and maybe a bit slimy. It would mean that your humidity is too high - wasn’t dried enough.
In that case dry it out more and trim off the white stuff. The rest should be fine IMO. Or if you are worried about mold health hazards then just toss it all. Some people would, some wouldn’t.
Get some of those little digital hygrometers that got inside a wide mouth jar. Under 70% RH and mold won’t grow. Takes the mystery away.
no i bought it from my dealer, he said its fine but i dunno, i think ill trim it a bit and smoke.
Thx!!

I don’t think you’ll get much buzz from the white part. If you have a microscope or magnifying glass check it out- see how the bud looks. It might not have any trichomes if they’ve rotted away.

Dealers always say ‘it’s good’. I’ve never heard them say anything else, ever.

Well most will say that no matter, but as everything there is a few exceptions.......It wasn't me ;) but back in the late 70's this guy I knew (cough cough) would tell folks "it's not the best stuff, but it is all that is around so better than resin and does get you high" ;) . As I .....err I mean He smoked as much (usually more, as in multiples) of the current available stuff around town than anyone else that bought it. Folks always thought they could outsmoke anyone, but they would always "crash and burn", especially if there was any Hash or Oil around town ;).

Back
Top Bottom