Is it normal for plants to grow new tops without being cut/topped first?

Greeley

I have a plant that is growing new tops, but I never cut it before. It started growing 4 new tops, two at the main first node, and two at the main second node. They have already began to stem out and are working towards their own second nodes. Is it normal that this plant has started new tops without being cut first? Or could it be caused by another factor?

Can you post a photo? I'd like to see that!

IMG_20150428_123229.jpg

they have grown more since this picture, but I am charging my phone to take more. So a more recent picture is coming soon. I also have a journal going and this is one of the plants being grown.

Alright cool. Its just that I've grown out back before and never had any new growths until it was about 2ft tall and I topped it for the first time. This lady isnt even a foot tall and its growing them without me touching it so its just a surprise to me.

Edit: Then what is a new top?

My only guess would be that you may be used to a lot of stretching. Now that your growing indoors the plant may be staying more compact than your used to.

Alright cool. Its just that I've grown out back before and never had any new growths until it was about 2ft tall and I topped it for the first time. This lady isnt even a foot tall and its growing them without me touching it so its just a surprise to me.

Edit: Then what is a new top?
Every branch has a top. When a new branch comes off a bigger branch, it will have a top.

Back
Top Bottom