Is it ok to keep your tent door open when lights are on?

popolino77

Is it ok to leave your grow tent's front doors open when you have your lights on ? I have 30x18x36 w/d/h my tents temperatures with my tent all zipped up is from 82f to 85f with my tent doors open my temperatures is 80f to 83f is there any benefit to keeping the tent doors closed ? And do thoes benefits out weigh the 2 degrees farinhight cooler my tent is with the doors open ?

There is atleast one possible downfall to leaving the door/s open. that being contamination. be it bugs from outside the grow room, to pollen. for most people this isnt a risk, but there are some homes full of pests/molds/other bactierias which 'could' potentially gain entrance and contaminate your grow.

I have left my doors open for days on end back when I started and just had a veg tent going. I did switch to keeping it closed most of the time though because it is easier to control the RH% with it closed. Then again my veg tent runs up to 85 a lot and I don't mind. It is with in the perimeters I have decided I want to grow under.

No issue with the door open. In fact, I've heard a rumor some of these will even grow outside! Only risk is light entering during dark hours. At temps of 85, I wouldn't worry too much about it. You never know when you'll have to work late hrs, assist friends/family, etc etc.. You're call, but, you're definitely not doing any harm with the lights on.

So leaving the tent doors open doesn't take light away from the plants ?

Leaving the door open a bit is an easy way to control heat. Just make sure that light from the room doesn't directly hit the ladies in flower. Light travels in a straight line, so move them over a bit to keep them from getting any outside light. If you also have your veg space in the same room, make sure the veg tent is fairly lightproof, because it will remain on longer than the flower tent.

Slightly but it still works if you have no other source.

Sent from my LG-V410 using 420
Hi. The 4 plants are crowed . I dont like the leaves touching the walls. They look stiffeled, so i hve the door open except during dark time.
.im a newbie to tent growing. They are starting now to form buds everywhere. These are auto.

Back
Top Bottom