Is it possible to build this?

BrokrnEyes

This is just a random idea, and I'm curious if this can actually be plausible;

I have 100 mL hydroponics syringe that's on its way out ( The print is scratching off now) and was thinking of instead of throwing it away, I want to store a nutrient dense solution that can then feed into the DWC tank via air exchange. What I would do is have The syringe full and pointing downward connected to a 2 way splitter with a one-way valve on the hose leading from an air pump that is on a timer. When the air pump turns on , it sends air up the tube which, hopefully, would travel up into the syringe reservoir which in turn would allow X amount of the nutrirnts out and into the DWC tank. The idea is that if I'm not able to feed the plant on a feed day, I can have this do it for me or, if it works well enough, have zero feedings worth of nutrients and water in the syringe.

So, plausible, or do I need to get off the pot? LOL

Thanks, the swing something that been really wanting to do even before my first grow since I've been noticing a steady increase in water consumption from my single plant, thinking in order to avoid nicer than poisoning I'm going to have to start feeding it's more than just twice a week and in smaller amounts Shortly after it enters the flower phase atleast and having an "auto feeder" could really come in handy once it starting drink half gallons... Or more a day.

I could see a dosing valve set to an extremely low induction rate placed in line on a recirculating system slowly adding nutrients to the water being pretty user friendly. And a simple float valve hooked up to a steady water supply to refill and automatically shut off when full. Or maybe even this which I just thought of. What about a large reservoir that has a little more potent but still mixed nutrient/water solution that is tied to the dwc with a float gauge so when it tops off your dwc it does so with a strong mixed nutrient base which dilutes in your dwc. That would take some calibrating and be potentially dangerous.

I could see a dosing valve set to an extremely low induction rate placed in line on a recirculating system slowly adding nutrients to the water being pretty user friendly. And a simple float valve hooked up to a steady water supply to refill and automatically shut off when full. Or maybe even this which I just thought of. What about a large reservoir that has a little more potent but still mixed nutrient/water solution that is tied to the dwc with a float gauge so when it tops off your dwc it does so with a strong mixed nutrient base which dilutes in your dwc. That would take some calibrating and be potentially dangerous.

I've done something similar to the last one you suggested by having a reserve reservoir hooked up to the main tank on the DWC ( still do but it's strictly Street pH water now) and I had a hell of a time keeping the pH stable, eventually I was forced to just give up one it one day just crash down to 3.0, so fortunately I was only working with Genovese he basil, and I have a ton of those seeds so no great loss there. Having a reserve tank just to pH water helps keep the pH stable in the main tank and the nutrients can steadily and Ciepley go down regardless of the water uptake by the plant (granted it kind of puts the situation in reverse, but adding is a hell of a lot easier than subtracting!)

What I envision is having 100 ML of nutrient dense Water (ideally up to the saturation point, but not over so I don't have to contend with nutrients settling to the bottom, IE where the water is coming out of) and after say, 1 minute of the air pump activating in exchanging food or air in the syringe, that the proper dosage of nutrients is literally poured into the maintenance reservoir. I Magent if this works, I can either use it to measure out a precise amount of nutrient rich water into the main tank every day, and that's completely eliminating the possibility of nutrient burn or nitrogen poisoning any other potential benefits of having such a unique situation for a plant in a Dwc ( i'm rather curious to see how a plant would act in a system where there's only just enough nutrients in the water for a 24 hour period, if it would actually hurt or improve the plant health) or conversely have the pump run longer but only every couple of days so that, in the event that I'm gone on a fred day, The plant won't suffer due to the lack of nutrients .

Back
Top Bottom