Is it possible to get a male plant from a fem autoflower seed?

Autos can easily hermi in the early stages rather easily doing what I would deem old school or organic style growing. But they are not going to stay that way.

Simple really.

Hermis happen from stress. It is a natural thing and you can hermi any plant if you want and or know how.

Good organic growing uses essentially "hot soil"

Autos are extra sensitive and are best grown by experienced growers and are best grown on a low feed schedule until into bloom (some will take issue there but it is generally true for cannabis honestly)

So if you are savy and follow a good program in a hempy bucket or hydro or some other dead medium where you strictly control the nutes then it is easy to get great performance.

If you use a hot organic compost and or some hot mix like most use on regular plants you will easily cause stress in an auto and can even cause early flowering. Even worse you can get a few hermi balls early on.

That said... as the plant grows and builds up the soil becomes less hot and the plant becomes stronger and more tolerant. So over time the plant will not be stressed and the hermi stops.

I have posted multiple times how to control this and cause early flowering under 24 hours of light to sex them early. All this can be easily controlled via stress mechanisms. If you know how to cook up some chitosan in a EWC tea you can dose an appropriate amount of the stuff to cause lots of great reactions. And if you overdose it you can cause early flowering or a hermi outbreak in bloom. You roll it back and the sexing or the hermi stops because you stopped the stress.

Now newbs do this the old fashioned way like all newbs do...they use too much of something....like way over do it.

But typically...if you don't stress them and keep them happy they will come back around. Some stress is so bad they just go and are done. Most people give up as soon as they see it because of a neighboring plants. Actually they are quite easy to manage if you have a clue about what you did wrong.

Best of luck!!!

:passitleft:

Thank you for the explanation, that makes sense. I'm sure it was either heat stress as they got up to 88 for a day until my new fan came, or low humidity as it was down to 24 before my humidifier came. Both have been corrected and the others are doing fine. I plucked the balls off the trouble one and will let her go outside to see what happens. So far no new ones, but the female hairs are sprouting like crazy toward the top.

Hey how did this end up turning out for you? I am having the same problem. I grew out some auto feminized seeds from cracking seeds early miss and NYCD. Harvested in April, and have since found seven seeds. I have four plants one showing male and female parts and one showing just female as far as I can see. The two other plants haven't shown anything yet. Here are some pics of the plant with male parts and it's female parts at the next nodes up.
IMG_90524.JPG
IMG_90544.JPG

What do I do? Is there any chance I can get some bud out of these or am I wasting my time? I don't care if I have seedy weed, if they would be good seeds , & not hermie seeds? I also have this female in first star of flower or pre flower....it's been left alone, no lst or topping. 26 days old.

Back
Top Bottom