Is it possible to get more than one harvest from a single autoflowering plant?

Hexe

Trying White Widow autoflowering and got three seeds of what I ordered going. Doing very well so far. I was curious if it is possible to get more than a single harvest from these, or any other autoflowering cannabis?

Trying White Widow autoflowering and got three seeds of what I ordered going. Doing very well so far. I was curious if it is possible to get more than a single harvest from these, or any other autoflowering cannabis?
Meaning re-vegged???

I'm sure it's possible, I say try it and see

Yes, re-vegged. LOL (Sorry still learning the lingo used in cannabis growing circles.) I am definitely a green-thumb... but cannabis behaves a bit differently than most anything else I have ever grown.

As the plant decides when it goes into Flower, not sure if it can be switched back to Veg....guess one way to find out as doesn't cost you anything, well except electricity and nutes maybe lol

As the plant decides when it goes into Flower, not sure if it can be switched back to Veg....guess one way to find out as doesn't cost you anything, well except electricity and nutes maybe lol

Yep. Pretty much what I'm figuring. :ganjamon:

I'd say no that's the whole thing about a auto flower and how you're made a female plant crossed with a ruderalis plant known for growing around the aorraborealias witch hasn't super long hours of light and only has summer tho weather for 4 months the rest darkness that's y autos only grow for 3 months

I'd say no that's the whole thing about a auto flower and how you're made a female plant crossed with a ruderalis plant known for growing around the aorraborealias witch hasn't super long hours of light and only has summer tho weather for 4 months the rest darkness that's y autos only grow for 3 months

But we must also remember it has other genetics which are usually a higher percentage. I would think it would depend on the total strain and even the plant. Can't hurt by trying, maybe waste some time, and a few bucks like Dwight stated.

If the ruderalis was the highest percentage, then it may not be worth the try.

I say this, because you can put a ruderalis that doesn't auto, into a flowering mode by going 12/12 (11/13). It does happen that the plant doesn't auto flower. So there is a chance.

I figure I really have nothing to lose by trying. :yummy:

It is my impression that cannabis autos are annuals (lives only long enough to breed and seed). I had an annual Early Tanana tomato plant reveg indoors, but never had any other annuals reveg.

Even revegging photoperiod cannabis can be difficult, depending on where you live.

It is my impression that cannabis autos are annuals (lives only long enough to breed and seed). I had an annual Early Tanana tomato plant reveg indoors, but never had any other annuals reveg.

Even revegging photoperiod cannabis can be difficult, depending on where you live.

Well, at the moment, we're living in Kentucky. Everything we do is indoors. Living here in 'crazed-religious-redneck-land' one tends to learn how to keep things on the down-low. I figure I have nothing to lose by at least giving it a try. Buying cannabis seeds of any kind can get very expensive very quickly...so just looking for ways to maximize the investment. :)

One option would be to get some non feminized autoflower seeds. One male should let you produce lots of seeds to keep you going for a long time. You can also store the pollen and control the fertilization.

One option would be to get some non feminized autoflower seeds. One male should let you produce lots of seeds to keep you going for a long time. You can also store the pollen and control the fertilization.

I have been considering that option. Pros and cons. Mostly deciding if we want to deal with having to glean out all the males other than one or two and whether or not if space and other resources would be used more wisely this way or if I should try to make feminized seeds with the feminized autoflowering plants.

Or get super tech, and do autos with seeding (colloidal silver). But you need two spaces unless you are just going to grow two plants. That is what I plan.

As for the crazed-religious-redneck-land, come to the land of "Jeff Sessions", you have no idea........ He is from here, and it's beyond anal.

Or get super tech, and do autos with seeding (colloidal silver). But you need two spaces unless you are just going to grow two plants. That is what I plan.

As for the crazed-religious-redneck-land, come to the land of "Jeff Sessions", you have no idea........ He is from here, and it's beyond anal.

Well, we live in a small cabin. Front area that is the kitchen, bedroom and living room. There is a very small bathroom and then a small back room which is supposed to be a bedroom...(maybe if you were an 11 year old Harry Potter)...and that is the space we're using for growing. So, no, we don't have a lot of space for growing and separating plants.

I loathe that bastard. Loathe this entire moron regime. Every single bit of progress made within the last 100 years is being stripped away. If Sessions and Pence have their way we'll all be living a real life "Handmaid's Tale".

Kinda funny how hypocritical people can be isn't it! Genesis 1:29

On the 6th day, God rolled a spliff and sparked it on the sun. Says right there in the Bible, state law! :reading420magazine:
Well, at the moment, we're living in Kentucky. Everything we do is indoors. Living here in 'crazed-religious-redneck-land' one tends to learn how to keep things on the down-low. I figure I have nothing to lose by at least giving it a try. Buying cannabis seeds of any kind can get very expensive very quickly...so just looking for ways to maximize the investment. :)

Kinda funny how hypocritical people can be isn't it! Genesis 1:29

On the 6th day, God rolled a spliff and sparked it on the sun. Says right there in the Bible, state law! :reading420magazine:

Dude, you don't even wanna get me started about chrispies. LOL We live in Rowan county. We were part of the protests against Kim Davis. Some of the biggest ducks in that puddle against her. Chrispies are vile.

I too am thinking along the same line as @Bonsaiweed with the silver colloidal and my auto fem northern lights. I am a bit off on my timing for this summer but I plan on seeding one of my next plants (this sept -oct) and starting those seedlings indoors to move outdoors next spring. At 55-80$ plus handling and shipping seeds are costing big bucks

I was curious if it is possible to get more than a single harvest from these, or any other autoflowering cannabis?

My gut instinct is to say, "No, of course not." But I grew an auto-flowering plant last year, and it had just started flowering "full on" when I knocked it off the counter and broke it off just above... not the cotlydons, but the very first pair of leaves above those. I threw it away, then someone talked me into digging it out of the trash and trying to repair it. That failed, and I was going to throw it away again, but those two leaves were still green - so, out of curiosity, I decided to ignore it and see how long it would take to die.

It grew up, flowered, and got harvested, lol. Did the unintentional abuse hurt the yield? Who knows. If I remember correctly, it yielded 12.6 grams. But it spent most of its life in a 18-ounce Solo cup, until (IIRC) 20 days before harvest, when I upgraded its root space to a massively huge...

2-liter Mountain Dew bottle ;) . And I also harvested it just a wee bit early, when my oldest friend stopped by one evening and mentioned that he'd just learned he had cancer and I felt the need to cheer him up by handing him a poke of (freshly harvested) bud.

And I have been told many times that, once an auto-flowering cannabis plant reaches its full flowering stride, that the plant isn't going to get any bigger. That one did - it might have been three inches tall after the... accident.

As AKGramma stated:

Even assuming that a plant is capable of revegging, I would assume that it needs to have a ready supply of nitrogen (/calcium/etc.). Therefore, if I was going to attempt such an experiment, I'd feed it well with a nutrient ratio tailored for this purpose, a couple of days before I tried to initiate the regrowth (and I'd have prepared things by making sure that the light schedule was only at 12:12 for at least ten days prior to doing so, and then switch to either constant light or 20:4). And I would leave as much "greenery" as possible on the plant when I cut the buds off of it. I couldn't even begin to guess whether it would be better to leave some buds or to remove all of them. I know that I see more roses when I remove the ones that are already there, and the same seems to hold true for my peppers. But I'm trying to get more flowers/fruit, whereas you're trying to reveg the plant.

Whatever you decide... And, again, if it was me doing the expriment (as in all things, YMMV, lol), I'd probably not wait too long to harvest those buds before attempting the reveg.

I beg to differ as far as lifespan goes , in my experiences with them - after one month germinated they grew at the same rate as any of my regular ones from seed ! Approx 6 or 7” , imho way too early to flower . It is normally 6 weeks or so before they start visibly preflowering and another 8-9 weeks b4 ready . 3 weeks b4 normal plants but really significantly smaller yield .Except for 1 occasion when I got 70g+/- off a jack herer the rest have been fuckin yield disasters !!!! O8

Back
Top Bottom