Is it possible to start veg and flower with a Mars 1600?

didgerman

hi , new to indoor , so learning and trying to get my tent working , started plants out door were just raging , put then in the tent , had ph and heat issues , its hot here , my leaf growth has gone from being health 6 inch leafs to little 3 inch narrow my plants are alive but not growing as i would like, will they recover? i perhaps did also over water a little , any good start to Finnish journals for my light ? i am frustrated i know the heat is not good for them and all the other-mistakes i have made as well but can they recover from here ? small leaf and slightly smaller than i thought they should be for 30 days in veg 18/6 , i am still veg them for a while longer , i like no way have 4x4 full only 40% what do you more experienced indoor guys recon i should do from here?

Hi didgerman, if you click on the search button and type in mars hydro 1600 I'm sure you'll find lots of grows. Do you have any pictures of your plant currently? Are you growing in soil or soilless mix?
Over watering will stunt your plant for sure. It will cause the the leaves to show signs of a deficiency. If that's the issue though and your aware of what your doing I'd say yes they will bounce back.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

hi , thank you Ms sinful , yes i have watched a lot of/ all the 1600 searches i find them lacking in direct informative content things like light height ,seed raising, seedling stage , grow medium , i am in soil but going to coco after i get my tent temp and other problems sorted. I have always grown outdoor never had any-problems, well apart from getting busted , so trying indoor , as i need med , bad pain issues .

hi , thank you Ms sinful , yes i have watched a lot of/ all the 1600 searches i find them lacking in direct informative content things like light height ,seed raising, seedling stage , grow medium , i am in soil but going to coco after i get my tent temp and other problems sorted. I have always grown outdoor never had any-problems, well apart from getting busted , so trying indoor , as i need med , bad pain issues .

How hot is your tent getting with the lights on? What kind of soil are you using? Does it have an nutes in it? If it does that could be part of the issue. It's hard to really tell without pictures and more details.
I've always had issues using an LED on seedlings for the same reason. I never knew how close the light could really be so I switched over to a giant cfl for the first 2 weeks. I would suggest keeping that led 30inches or higher for now but someone jump in and correct me if I'm wrong please.

THANKS YES HANGING 30 NOW WAS AT TOP OF TENT , was to high but i thought it was to hot close , soil 30% coco 15% per lite , 10%mushroom compost 10% soil improve 30% brought potting mix average quality5 may be 10% sandy loam, tent has gone as high as 84 when was real hot and was over watering when the top of pot soil was drying out to 1 inch but have got a conductivity moisture probe that goes 5 may 6 inches into the soil ,so i have my over watering under control , have just fed to day with house and garden coco , purchased on line, day 6 used sea sol /kelp , day 16 used power feed at half strength day 25 full flush and awaited the nuts i fed them this evening ,also added evaporation cool blowing in through side window to night , so it will also give me so humidity , honestly when i grew outdoor had no problem at all the cop that gave me my government growing certification asked how did i get it that high, was spewing plant had over a pound if dry on it when they took it

If 84 is your hottest day then that doesn't seem horrible to me. If it were 86 everyday then I'd suggest to leave the tent open during the day. How is the humidity? Do you have anything pulling the hot air out of the tent?
I have a moisture probe myself. I've noticed if you've only checking around the container walls like within 2in of it, it will be dryer then if you place it into the middle.
Those roots will stretch around for any sign of water.
Dang! That's a lot of dry! I'm sorry to hear that.

Hi Ms , yes i have fan and filter pulling air out it is 6 inch system , once again learning went for the quieter fan , and it perhaps does not remove as much as it should for the heat generated by the 1600 ,knowing what, id now i would have opted for the 1200, but the prospect of bigger buds got my greedy little desire and now paying the price , i did want to rick simpson most of my product if i ever get that far the store brought soil i think is my problem mostly as i have major mobility issues, from a bad accident ,i have not the ability to carry large weights so ease of bags from hardware store , was bunnings tomato mix which looked good on the packet , but in fact was crap, i am using bag seed and just as well , if and when i get my technique sorted i will buy fem seed from a reputable seed bank , just as well i have not as yet as my current grow is embarrassing to say the least, and if i had sent 100 or more on seed it would be down right depressing.I did opt for coco nutes was recommended by guy at hydro store when phoned him he claimed could also be used in soil , i do have 3 inch layer of coco in bottom of the pots 7 gallon , and 20 to 30 % in-the soil mix , i have a cheap fan slung in the tent to circulate the air , have watched grow pot cheaply on u tube and has sold me on coco as my next medium , so really trying to iron all my bugs out with this first grow , at current rate will be lucky to average .2 of a gram per watt so you understand my frustration, i am just shaking my head it did look easy , but i have created so many hurdles for myself i just laugh , one can only soldier on what are your thoughts on my plan to continue vegging , i was going to go a least another 20 days from here , i do fear that i have bonsai ed my plants but this has never happened to me before so i am unsure, and why i ask for advice , thank you for your time and consideration, replying to my post , regards Didgerman , Dingo Grow

420-magazine-mobile1171641581.jpg

Haha well this is my bonsai. I had started off with FIMing then I did some LST and right before the switched to 12/12 I topped her in 2 places. I wish I had kept her in veg for a bit longer but I thought she would really strep like the sister plant.
Here's a side by side.

420-magazine-mobile1873282657.jpg

They vegged for the same amount of time. So it really depends what your looking to do. Do you want to spend the time to have a larger plant. Or are you just trying to get your feet wet before you move onto something more.
I've thought about trying coco myself but I get fearful of having to be in complete control of what nutrients I'll need to add every other day since coco its self offers zero.
I just looked up that soil you bought. I agree that played a huge role. It seems almost like miracle grow in the since that each time you water your plant it releases more ferts which would make it hard to flush if you needed to.
This might sound silly.. I was wondering if your tent had the velcro vent flaps at the bottom? Maybe you could open one of those while the lights are on to help with the heat.
Can you post a picture of your plant? I'm curious to see what it looks like.

:circle-of-love:With pictures,all of your friends here can see what kind of problem you may have.:Namaste:
It summer in your country now,right?You may add a AC to control the temperature of your room.You can also check the PH.
Hope everything will be fine very soon.:Namaste:

HI Ms, if i add AC would be just as cheap to purchase on the market, i have them all open at the bottom , it has 3 but a lot of light leakage which is not good , cool little plant , LST does seem to stunt as well ive LST just to try it , like is say i dont know weather to stay in veg or flip if i had better sized leaves id flip but they just look so little and stunted it seems like id be wasting my electricity, i do so need some sort of yield not a lot but even 60 grams would be nice make it worth while i estimate it will cost about $ 300 to 350 , street price is $300 to 400 , but i wish to stay away from dealers as they also sell other forms of substance and i have no desire to support that trade , thank you again for your reply , regards Didgerman , Dingo Grow.

84-86 gegrees F isnt too bad. I run a MarsII 700 and a Mars Refleftor 96 both in a 3'x3' tent (also Marshydro) with the bottom flaps open like you said and My high temps right now are 77-79. But in the summertime (California) it gets pretty damn warm so I have to run an A/C unit if not I'd easily hit high 90's or more so maybe try to time your indoor growing to where you are flowering into the fall and winter months that may bring cooler temps and give you a fighting chance against Mother Nature. If it still too hot try having your light schedule be on during actual night time hours...its obvioussly cooler at night, and if you still are having trouble look into a cheap window A/C unit on another site *coughs* "flea-bay" or a local hardware store. Dont give up. these plants can take alot. You can also look into more of a landrace strain like an equatorial sativa hybrid that enjoys warmer climates. The main thing is to have fun and learn from your experiences and then in turn share your knowledge with yet another, it gets payed forward....and to yet another, and another and another...

Thanks Big Sparks, i am running at night and yesterday added a evaporation style cooler my strain would be some sort of sativa cross what exactly i do not know was bag seed and i have not grown it before most my problems could stem from unhealthy plants and abuse lack of knowledge, this is my first attempt learning the hard way lol, electricity is not cheap here so try to be as cost efficient with my grow , i have contacted a good seed company and they have recommended a few good strains that do well in my conditions, north of the tropic of Capricorn here so most my biggest problems came on the really hot days and nights , i do have some burnt tips on leaves and had ph and mag deficiency issues ,so i feel my sick plants had trouble coping it all seemed to happen at the same time . yes this site is really good thank you for your time ideas i appreciate it . regards Didgerman Dingo Grow

Back
Top Bottom