Is it ready? White hairs still

cliftoma

This plant has been in flower for almost 8 weeks now. She is a beast and the buds are so big that I have had to support them. Been flushing for almost 2 weeks now but she is still showing lots of white hairs. When I get out the magnifying glass and lens I see amber trichromes on the sugar leaves and cloudy on the bud.

How much longer should I let her go? I am a little concerned as all she has got for almost 2 weeks is water and molasses. Are there certain strains that maintain white hairs?
20181227_080522.jpg
20181226_090847.jpg
20181226_090833.jpg

She looks healthy with just water and should fade away to yellow fan leaves in the next week or so. That shows you the plant is properly “flushed” and has used the excess nutrients in the medium. All those white hairs look like new growth. It happens with some strains more than others. Some people (myself included) counteract this new growth late in flower by lowering room temps and moving lights farther away mimicking fall conditions. I’ve found plants too close to lights or too hot around week 8 will throw out hella fresh pistils and again a week later and so on. Hope this helps

Just stick with water now, there are enough nutes in the plant to finish. Doesnt look ready too me. Starting the flushing at 6 weeks is early by any stretch. Leave the molasses out now and just give plain water, some say use to the end but i think its best to ive plain water only as you want the plants to use up the very last of their own stores. Molasses feeds microbial life in the soil but the plant will still take on a little of the carbohydrate. In soil I wouldnt be harvestin any plant at 8 weeks, minimum 9.

Thanks for all the great advice! I turned on the air conditioning in the room and moved the lights slightly.

Yes, I probably started the flush a little early. I wish I hadn't but she seems to be doing well. Every day the buds are getting heavier with more resin and a terrific smell. Hoping she is done soon!

Trichs on the buds is what you want to gauge by, as ones on the sugar leaves not as helpful. What I have noticed so far is my ladies start taking on less water (pots stay heavy longer) towards the end and more fan leaves turn yellow and die/fall off. I'd go another week and then check trichs again personally as she is close but not quite there yet IMHO, as they do a lot of their fattening up towards the end.

I agree with this sentiment. The trichs are the indicator of harvest, not the pistil colour.

100% agree!

Ignore the pistils, they will ripen even after harvest. The trichomes are what has the THC and you want them filled looking like mushrooms that are about to burst. Some should just be turning amber, signifying they are done growing.

Fight the urge to harvest too early.

Lowering the temps has seemed to kick things into gear. Still has quite a few white pistils but there has been a change in trich color. More amber being seen. Don't want to get too much of a couchlock feeling from this one. What do you experts think?
20181230_105021.jpg
20181230_104406.jpg

20181230_105021.jpg
20181230_104406.jpg
20181230_105104.jpg

Back
Top Bottom