Is it time to switch to 12/12?

So the 4 autoflowers are flowering along, but one is really lagging behind the rest. Its about half the height of the other plants. Its Buds are tiny little fluffs. Below are some photos. Im worried this one is somehow a male or a hermi. Dont think so, but maybe someone can confirm?

(And i know, blurple... i tried to use s torch but its tricky... hope its acceptable...)

7A4E7EFB-9CAD-4426-93A1-2E8E426B4332.jpeg

8B37C3C7-5741-4A28-B712-9DBC0159EBBE.jpeg

FB32ED48-68F3-4557-9B8F-F1DEA76DB0C6.jpeg

Attachments

• 1911D3C2-BD91-4A39-B682-537B87DA14E7.jpeg
    1911D3C2-BD91-4A39-B682-537B87DA14E7.jpeg
    573.5 KB · Views: 74
I'm not seeing anything that looks like pollen sacs or nanners, just looks like a plant in early flower. Different strains flower and finish at different times, and even within a single strain you will have time differences. I had a Blueberry auto finish at 84 days and the other one planted a week after the first finished at 110 days!

I'm not seeing anything that looks like pollen sacs or nanners, just looks like a plant in early flower. Different strains flower and finish at different times, and even within a single strain you will have time differences. I had a Blueberry auto finish at 84 days and the other one planted a week after the first finished at 110 days!

Phew. That makes me feel a lot better! :)

I understand different strains etc can grow differently. But in this case, I planted 4. 2 of the same and 2 of the same. Only ONE of the second two I planted, is growing slowly. I.e. Same strains, same growing medium, etc. So pretty weird. Will give it time to see how it grows...

Thanks!

Q1:
My autoflowers took 43 days to start flowering. It has now been flowering for about 18 days. Photo period strains need 8 weeks of flowering. What about autoflowers? Can I expect it to be ready in 10 days (i.e. 4 weeks total bloom time) or should I wait a full 8 weeks?

Q2:
I've heard many mixed opinions about "flushing". Should I flush my plants a week before I harvest by stopping nutrient feed and only giving water? Should I start two weeks prior? Or skip this completely?

A1. Autoflower plants finish somewhere around the breeder's stated time, plus 1-3 weeks. The color of the trichomes in always the key to when to harvest a plant, auto or photo. Unless yours is a fast finish (doubtful with that long a veg), I would guess anywhere from 90 to 110 days from sprout.

A2. Do not flush your plants. #noflushclub

Science here:
A critical look at preharvest flushing

The buds don't take up nutrients. The plant uses the nutrients to create the sugars that build the buds. It's the dry and cure that determines the smoothness and taste of the harvest.

I feed until harvest and I've had many friends say I grow the smoothest stuff they've ever smoked. Nothing gets smoked until it's been curing for at least a month.

New problem. I just bought an inverter. We have power problems here, so this is the only way i can make sure my lights stay on when the power trips.

For those that dont know, an inverter is a type if generator. It works with batteries. So the lights go in the inverter, and the inverter goes in the wall socket. If the power trips, the inverter automatically kicks in and keeps the electricity going. When the power goes back on, it automatically switches back to using the electricity from the wall socket, while at the same time also charging the batteries. It works great for the 2 - 3 hour power cuts we get over here!

My problem is that i bought it to keep in my grow room. But the manual has says:
A) do not smoke near the inverter or light a spark near it
B) do not “expose the device to rain, use it near water or in damp or wet conditions”

So a few questions:
1. I get it, i cant smoke in my grow room. That sucks, but i guess i’ll have to get over it. But are there other things in my grow room that could pose a risk? I really dont want to blow up.
2. I am maintaining a humidity of about 50 to 60% in the room. Is that too much for an inverter? Relative humidty in my house would be about 70 and i would assume it would have no problem working there. Is the concern more that if you operate it close to water, you risk getting it wet? I.e. if i can operate it close to water, but never get it wet, i should be fine? Or any ideas on still finding a wat to keep the inverter in my grow room?
3. I can also put the inverter in another room and put a cable to the grow room, but thats not a very elegant solution. I want to keep everything together. But i’ll keep that as a last resort if the fear of blowing up becomes too much.

Any help would be much appreciated!

A1. Autoflower plants finish somewhere around the breeder's stated time, plus 1-3 weeks. The color of the trichomes in always the key to when to harvest a plant, auto or photo. Unless yours is a fast finish (doubtful with that long a veg), I would guess anywhere from 90 to 110 days from sprout.

Science here:

The buds don't take up nutrients. The plant uses the nutrients to create the sugars that build the buds. It's the dry and cure that determines the smoothness and taste of the harvest.

I feed until harvest and I've had many friends say I grow the smoothest stuff they've ever smoked. Nothing gets smoked until it's been curing for at least a month.

Thank you!! :)

I don't think any plants like smoke, especially ones grown in a room with the limited circulation your room has.

Thanks.

Sad day for the plans I had for the room. If smoking inside is a no no, then making the room pretty isnt important anymore. So im probably going to fill it up with what makes the growing experience easiest. Which means more tents! And no smoking. Super clean. Etc.

Science here:

Would curing not also get rid of any neem oil that may have seeped into the buds? I made the mistake of using “bioneem” in the first week of flowering. I do believe it was early enough not to be a problem, but it would be rad to know that curing is also going to help with this mistake i made.

Science here:

And also, isnt the argument for flushing based on the idea that at least 2 weeks worth of nutrients will remain in the soil/plant and be enough for it to survive and thrive if only fed water for 2 weeks?

Would curing not also get rid of any neem oil that may have seeped into the buds? I made the mistake of using “bioneem” in the first week of flowering. I do believe it was early enough not to be a problem, but it would be rad to know that curing is also going to help with this mistake i made.
You used the neem before you had solid buds so the oil isn't encapsulated in the calyxes. Curing doesn't get rid of oil unfortunately. Don't sweat that spray but save it for veg.
I think I have. My bloom room is about 50% average. And my main room varies between 50 and 70. Going forward the main room will only be used for veg, so i should be good to go on the environment front.
Another tent means more plants transpiring water, meaning higher RH again. Just a thought.
And also, isnt the argument for flushing based on the idea that at least 2 weeks worth of nutrients will remain in the soil/plant and be enough for it to survive and thrive if only fed water for 2 weeks?
Couple of things. First is you shouldn't have two weeks of nutes in your soil. If that were true you would only feed your plants every two weeks from the beginning.

Second is that people who flush don't do it save money on nutes, they do it because they believe that flushing clears the buds of stored nutrients. The problem is that buds don't store nutes.

Back
Top Bottom