Is it time to switch to 12/12?

If you run higher heat you want lower humidity to prevent mold. Damp and warm are the worst.

Oh, and air circulation is a must during hanging. Fans should be pointing away from the plants but the air should be moving.
Do I need to have an extractor fan as well? Because I was going to use a cupboard. I'm now thinking of leaving the cupboard doors open and pointing a fan in the direction of the cupboard, but not directly at the plants?

That took a while, but I think I managed to harvest one of the plants and do a budwash. There are a few small popcorn buds left that I will harvest tomorrow morning, but this is what I ended up with:

IMG_2321.jpg

Its a bit dark and blurry... will get better ones tomorrow when the sun is out. And here is a close up of the biggest bud. It's about the size of my fist:

IMG_2327.jpg

I'd call that a respectable harvest! Are you going to wet trim or dry trim?

Why thank you! :)

Hmmmm. Not sure what the dif is. I did quite a bit of trimming when i harvested the plant. I didnt really know how much to chop off regarding the sugar leaves and figured i could worry about the excess later. Can I? Or is there something i can do now already? Or what are the next steps?

Its sleep time here and i'm quite worried. Humidity in the cupboard is 75% and temp is 25 degrees. I'm thinking i need to move the buds back to the tent and find a way to dry them there. First prize would have been for me to dry them in the cupboard and then cure them in the grow room. But I don't know what 7 days of 75% humidity and 25 - 32 degree temperatures is going to do for me. Could I get away by just cutting the buds really small and putting it on a drying rack/net? Or should I risk mites in the grow room? Even if I clean one tent and dedicate it to this, which is very possible, I'm still not sure if it's going to bite me in the butt by getting mites all over them. I really don't want mites on my finished product. And even if I peroxide the tent, I can't peroxide all the tents, and there is for sure still mites in there somewhere.

I also want to harvest more tomorrow, but it will be stupid if I am not sure if these buds are going to dry correctly. Very worried about mold.

I usually wash, point a fan at it for 4 hours or so to shake off all the wash water, and then trim. And then hang it up for the long term (no direct fan) dry.

Some people dry trim but I find it to difficult to trim the sugar leaves from the buds once they've curled in.

They seem quite dry already. I am going to leave it overnight and then decide tomorrow what my next move is. Whether that is clearing out a tent for curing/drying (which would be amazing if I could get around the mites... anyone else dry their buds in a tent that has mite problems??), or I might have to suck it up and buy another aircon. Which I really do not want to do. That's 1000 watts at the wall, 24/7. Very expensive. If I could stick to having one dedicated room where I do everything, that would be amazing. But I also don't really have space. I need all the tents I have. To have one stand idly for 3 weeks is a waste. Isn't there some sort of anti-mite drying cupboard that one could build? Something I can keep in my grow room and safely dry my buds, knowing mites can't get in there?

I also read that a dry rack can help with high humidity. I can basically cut all branches a bit smaller and then let them lie on the dry rack to dry. Think I should do that? I can't get the humidity lower than 70%. Huge problem for me.

Thanks! Will def check that out! And it might even help me with my next problem. You won't believe it, but there are mites on the buds currently curing. I only saw one, and what looked like eggs. I bud washed these buds like there's no tomorrow. What do I do?

Do I just ignore the mites and hope they go away as the plants die? Do I wash them again?

Okay, so this is what I have done so far. As I harvested I trimmed as much as i could. Then I hung up overnight. The one's that hung overnight are the one's that seem like there might be mites. I then moved them to my dry net after chopping them a bit smaller. With the hope of countering the high humidity we have.

And based on the link you shared, where the guy uses paper bags, he doesn't mention anything about a fridge? And are you saying I should simply use bags and keep the bags in my dry rack?

Also, I'm thinking if I'm having bug issues in the house, then I might as well keep it in the grow room, where I will at least have the right humidity. Anyone else done this? Cure in a room full of mites and live to tell the tale?

I've read a few places that people just keep on curing until the bugs leave, but I'm worried I'll have dirty buds all over again. With mites, eggs and webbing on it. I don't understand how there can be stuff if I washed it 24 hours ago.

I'd call that a respectable harvest! Are you going to wet trim or dry trim?

The first buds i posted, where you asked this. I did trim them, but do they looked trimmed enough? I am not sure how much of the sugar leaves i must cut off. I saw a vid where they say you must cut the parts that dont have trichomes on it. So i thought i chopped off enough?

Those brown spots? Those look like they're dead to me.

In terms of trimming, I trim a lot closer than that and take off all the sugar leaves, but I save them because they have trichomes on them. Some people smoke them and some make edibles out of them, but they're not as strong as the buds. You can leave those on if you like though.
And based on the link you shared, where the guy uses paper bags, he doesn't mention anything about a fridge? And are you saying I should simply use bags and keep the bags in my dry rack?
The bags go in the fridge. Don't leave them in bags on a shelf or they will rot in 24 hours at high humidity.

Those brown spots? Those look like they're dead to me.

In terms of trimming, I trim a lot closer than that and take off all the sugar leaves, but I save them because they have trichomes on them. Some people smoke them and some make edibles out of them, but they're not as strong as the buds. You can leave those on if you like though.

The bags go in the fridge. Don't leave them in bags on a shelf or they will rot in 24 hours at high humidity.

Those might be dead, sure, but i definitely saw at least one moving one.

1. Should i wash again? Maybe with h202 this time?
2. If they are dead, how do i get them off aside from cutting the leaves? And what else might be lurking in there?

Ps. I dont think they are dead... really think there are live ones... will check again tomorrow, but not really sure what to do next.

Back
Top Bottom