Is it time to switch to 12/12?

I have loads of bugs and I go with H2O2. I use 3% bottles and go about 1:4 H2O2:water. Dunk, swish, rinse, shake, hang directly in front of a huge fan on high for 4 hours.

Then that is what I will do. Is it okay to budwash a second time? I assume that means drying will start from day 1 again? Any other side effects?

And tell me if you agree with my math:
  • I am using 20liter buckets (slightly more than 5 gallon)
  • If I split it into 1:4 parts, then 1 part = 4 liters
  • If 3% of the 4 liters is h202, then there is 120 mls of h202 in there
  • To get the same with 50%, I would need to use 16.6 times less, which means 4000 mls / 16.6 = 240 ml.
So if I do 240 ml 50% h202, and 19760 ml water, then it means 50% of the 240 ml is h202, which means a total of 120mls is h202. A tablespoon is 15 ml, so it would mean exactly 8 tablespoons of the 50% with +-19.5 liters? Does that sound right?

My plan is to wake up quite early, check out the mite problem and particularly if there are more buds affected. And then just bud wash again with h202.

I am definitely not checking your math at what they pay me here ;). There are online dilution calculators you can check to see if you have that right.

Washing again just resets the drying clock at this stage. If you were two weeks into drying I might have a different answer though.

Thanks for the quick reply! Hopefully I don't see any moving bugs when I get there tomorrow. And then another wash gets rid of the dead ones, and hopefully curing after that is bug free. Hopefully.

This is extremely demotivating, but I keep thinking about the guy who budwashed and a bunch of caterpillars came out. This isn't as bad as that and he still had good bud. Crossing my fingers.

Let me show you my wash bucket from a few months ago:

All the dark spots are caterpillar shit.

Hectic! Mine wasn't that dirty at all. So either my stuff isn't as dirty, or I'm not doing the washing correctly. Let's see how it goes with h202 tomorrow. I'm hoping to see at least a few mites in the water after washing.

Also, due to the harvested buds, I now have more space. So I am going to move my 3 photoperiods to my big tent (where the autos were). Then I am going to move all my seedlings to the other tent. And the remaining tent I am going to use for drying. That also means I am going to get well acquainted with h202, because like you said I should, I am going to scrub that place from top to bottom. I want to be able to dry in my grow room because it took me 5 months to get the humidity right in there. So if I can just work around these mites, then literally all my problems are solved.

I might actually deconstruct the big tent and clean it like that, but I'm worried about taking anything out of the grow room. Cleaning it outside might make things worst and bring in more mites.

Another alternative is to move my entire grow to the upstairs room. Then clean the bottom room, before moving everything back. But again, moving anything out of the room risks bringing mites in again. So might be better to keep everything inside. But keeping it inside makes it impossible to clean underneath the tent and on top of it.

And no one elses wash bucket should look like that. Just making you feel better :).

Hahahaha. It does look awful, but it certainly gives me hope. Right now I'm thinking the first time I break open my dried and cured bud, I'm going to see lots of eggs, mites and cobwebs.

Best thing you can do is move the grow room to an area inside the house where the temperature and RH are better controlled.

I solved the humidity using an Aircon. And I have no other options in the house, except the spare flat. But I can only use that for short while. So it could potentially be the place where I move everything to while I clean my actual grow room. And my portable aircon should work just as well in the flat, i just need to find a way to get an airhole somewhere. But if I use the flat, I need to commit, I then also need to install an AC in there, and properly seal the windows and fix the floor etc. So committing to that is a big commitment. It would be pointless to move to the other room, only to have to do it again when I need to make the big changes.

All signs point to me finishing off all harvests before I leave the country in 3 months, and then taking everything out and installing the AC, fixing the windows, cleaning etc. So for now, I think I need to find a way to get through the drying and curing, and then do the same when the photos finish, and then stop until I can sort out the whole grow room.

If you're leaving the country in 3 months then you're pretty much done growing after this. When you get back you can decide how much money you want to spend on growing. What you need is environmental control. You don't need open windows or doors or access to the outside. That brings in the bugs (unless they come in on your clothes). Once you get an idea as to whether you need AC more than heat, or a dehuey more than a humidifier, then you can figure out what to buy. A closed room is fine as all the plants need at that point is air.

If you're leaving the country in 3 months then you're pretty much done growing after this. When you get back you can decide how much money you want to spend on growing. What you need is environmental control. You don't need open windows or doors or access to the outside. That brings in the bugs (unless they come in on your clothes). Once you get an idea as to whether you need AC more than heat, or a dehuey more than a humidifier, then you can figure out what to buy. A closed room is fine as all the plants need at that point is air.
Yes, you are right. I made the mistake of planting 7 more seeds. Thinking I was just going to continue and do one more harvest before I leave. Now I regret it. I might actually just rip them out and consider it another expensive loss. It would have helped me a lot if I didnt have another 7 plants to worry about now, and I could focus on finishing the 3 remaining photos and then sorting out the grow room. Then technically I would have enough stash to also last me while I sort this out.

Also, I cant stop growing each time I need to leave the country. So this might be a good time to teach someone else how to look after the girls, but at this point, there's actually too many problems to properly look after them. And if I stop growing, I lose the option to make clones and would have to start again from seed.

Don't know what their projected flower time is but you could flip them small and not waste them.
You mean flip the photos? Because the autos I have no choice? I just gotto hope they dont take too long, right? I still have 90 days before I leave, so it could work out, but it's 90 days I could rather have spent fixing everything else. My 3 photos will be done in about 6 weeks, maybe 7, so after that I could've had a completely plant-less room and I could focus on making it better.

no mites today

243A5112-12BB-4389-8BA6-AF2F0063B770.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom