Is it time to switch to 12/12?

I probably used way too much h202 for cleaning the buckets, but at least I know they are clean. I also went with the 3ml per liter recommendation on the bottle, because it's 50% h2o2. Here's the kicker. I still can't get rid of the black spots on the buds. I don't know if it's a dead mite, or if it's an egg or what. In fact, I'll go look with a microscope next, but here are some pictures of the buds that were in the dryer. The one's where I saw 1 live mite yesterday, but none today. But check this out:

IMG_2365_1.jpg

The one leaf looks like it has mold on it, or is that just what it looks like as it dries?

After washing it again, it now looks like this:

IMG_2371-1.jpg

I just can't seem to get rid of the black dots. Should I worry about this? How bad is it to smoke mites and mite eggs? I'm assuming it's pretty bad and certainly not considered high grade weed?

Also, now that they are up and hanging again, should I be cutting off these odd leaves:

IMG_2351_1.jpg

Found a walking living mite on a drying bud. Fml. So I'm definitely going to wash all the previous buds again, with h202.

I also took a microscope and looked at the black spots. They look like dust. Or perhaps the skeleton of a mite. Or maybe a popped trichome? Or a popped mite egg? There are also white ones, which might be "healthy" mite egg? Either way, another wash is the order of the day.

Nothing wrong with washing again at this point!

I'm going to wash again, and then I'm going to manually scrub off the black stuff. And white stuff. It's not even coming off with the h202. I'm not sure if my 3mls per liter, of 50% h202 is strong enough? Should I up the dose?

I also read another guy mixes the H202 with lemon juice and does the baking soda by itself. Any chance that could make a difference?

I'm 1:4 at 3% and 50% is 15x stronger so you would be at 1:60 roughly. You know you're growing a plant and not a lab specimen right? There's no mold I can see and you eat dead bugs on everything you eat. Wash or don't but don't worry too much about it.

That's quite reassuring! I'm going to wash one more time for my own sanity. But I only added 12 mls of peroxide. If its 1:60, then I should be adding 333 mls. My previous calculation got to 240 mls, so I'm going to re-wash with 240 mls of 50% peroxide in there. And then manually scrape off the black stuff before moving on.

BTW. Spent the whole day cleaning the grow room. It was bit neglected. Found a really nasty smell coming from the one drain bucket. Cleaned all drain buckets with h202. Only one tent had mites though. Either way, I iso'd everything. Then when it was dry, I added spinosad on the plants. What I did different this time:
a) mix the bottle properly (i didnt last time)
b) turn off the lights after applying (hoping maybe the lights affected potency previously)

Hoping to see no mites downstairs tomorrow!

I'm putting humidity packs in there that would bring the humidity to 55. Hopefully. If I put a hydrometer in there, what would I look for? I'm not sure that's going to be able to help me determine if it's time to put it into jars or not. Perhaps it needs to dry a bit more for me to be able to tell the difference between dry and moist?

I don't think a pack is going to bring your buds down to 55. Did you read the link I posted on dry and curing?

How To Cure Your Marijuana Crop

Have you watched any videos on youtube on it?

Plants need to air dry, not in jars.

YES! And many many others. The one you said is de-facto go to guide is this: Original Guide to Drying and Curing Marijuana Buds | Grow Weed Easy

I have read that a million times and apparently i must leave the buds to dry on a rack or a line. Then when they feel "dry to the touch" I am supposed to put them in jars.

I have not read this: How To Cure Your Marijuana Crop , reading it now.

It's old. I posted it because of the info for the dry and cure.

You dry them in the open air until just before the branches snap when you bend them. That's when they go into jars with hygrometers.
Okay cool! Then we are on the same page. If I can just check branches snapping, it makes things much easier. Except for the one's where I chopped them a bit smaller. But I'm sure they will be ready when the other branches snap.

By how much will the buds shrinks during curing? I want to weigh them to get an idea of how much I have produced. But want to minus an estimated amount for size that I might still lose. It's important that I don't have too much or I might be breaking laws. Very important to stay in line with the law!

"Mold also has an odor which is always nasty. Never never smoke herb that has mold on it. You want to avoid light and heat at all times with your crop after it has been harvested. "

I read so many different things. One guy says you must give it abit of light for the first few days. Another one says you must just avoid direct sunlight. And now it's saying I must avoid light completely? Which is it?

Back
Top Bottom