Is it time to switch to 12/12?

Dark. The darker the better. Pitch black is ideal. With a fan gently blowing nearby. But if you do it in a tent you will need to keep the venting system on or the tent open so the moisture has somewhere to go.

I have them in a cupboard that is slightly open, in a room with curtains, but not 100% pitchblack. I thought it becomes more important when using jars, as they can go in a closed cupboard hidden away?

Just thought I'd mention that I got just under 600 grams for the 4 plants. It's not dried yet, so that might become much less. And that's after I chopped off a lot of the big branches that were still attached. Lost about 30 grams through branches alone. Will be interesting to see what my final weight is. (and if I will be smoking mites for the next couple of months)

One more note... I'm investigating spider mite traps. This guys story really has me excited [i removed link because its probably not a sponsor of the site... but anyway, I'm looking at spider mite traps]
Looking promising. Its like a fly ribbon for mites that you hang above plant so they crawl up and get stuck. Im for sure going to get some!

@InTheShed , this morning I see bugs on the photoperiod plants that are blooming. So the spinosad didnt do anything. I'm going to up the dose and actually use what this specific bottle recommends, instead of reverse calculating. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong if the spinosad works so well for you.

No idea about predatory mites as I'm not a natural grower ;). Spinosad works at the right dose so follow instructions duh! And I doubt hanging mite traps work. They live, breed, and die on the leaves.

A dark room is fine. No direct light. In terms of weight, just sit tight and weigh them when they're dry. Leaning off the sidewalk to check if you can see the bus doesn't make it come any sooner :).

No idea about predatory mites as I'm not a natural grower ;). Spinosad works at the right dose so follow instructions duh! And I doubt hanging mite traps work. They live, breed, and die on the leaves.

A dark room is fine. No direct light. In terms of weight, just sit tight and weigh them when they're dry. Leaning off the sidewalk to check if you can see the bus doesn't make it come any sooner :).

Today is the last day I'm going to try spinosad. After this, I give up and will wash every day with iso or just plain water til harvest. Spinosad has not helped me at all. 30 minutes after spraying they come back.

As for the mite trap, i also didn't think it could work. But apparently you hang it above the cola head and then hang a string into the plant. Which they then crawl up because they always try to get to the top. The stickyness on the sheet is also severely more sticky than a normal fly ribbon. I think I'm going to give it a bash. Will try anything really...

My bottle says i must use 40 to 100 mls with 400mls of water. Its a lot of spinosad, about 4 times as much as i was using before. So i just sprayed one plant for now, will spray the other two if this works out. Currently i only have noticeable mites on the one plant anyway.

How long after spraying should can i expect to see less crawling mites on the plants?

Also, my dried out buds are looking good. Smells like hay though. I read that is normal, so now im just waiting til twigs snap and dont bend, then i’ll start curing. Its only day 3, so i’ll probably only be able to do that sometime next weekend. I dont see mites, but there are still an odd black dot under a leaf. But it does look like its starting to turn into smokeable buds.

Back
Top Bottom