Is it time to switch to 12/12?

At last! The predators have arrived:

You can sprinkle it on, or put them in bug houses by just putting a piece of paper on the plant. Saw them scurrying out onto the paper:

I’ll remove the papers from the plants tomorrow. Just giving them chance til tomorrow to spread out.

Hoping I wake up to spider mite armageddon. I got mixed answers about how many mites to release. Some said 10 per plant. Other said more. I spread all 2000 out among all flowering and vegging plants. I dont know if 2000 is perhaps too much, but I didnt want to hold back.

Only thing that scares me is that i just read the predators also eat pollen. Im hoping that isnt bad news for the plants once the mites are wiped out. Im also hoping these mites dont leave me with the same problem as before: mites and eggs all over my plants.

I didnt iso the plant yesterday. I gave the mites a chance to breed a bit. And boy, was there a lot of mites when i was dropping the predators. So cross your fingers!

One more thing I noticed. Buds growing vertically dont become nearly as big as buds growing horizontally. Im going to try and make my next plant’s branches grow completely horizontally over the top of the plant. Will show a picture of what I mean, but I cant imagine anything producing bigger yields than a horizontal branch.

I don't seal up the jars until they have been burped for at least 2 weeks and are close to 62% RH on their own. The packs are in there just for long term security, not to raise or lower the RH in the jar during drying/burping. And they don't go in until the jars are sealed for the cure.

The jars are now in week 4. I stopped burping in week 3. Onl burp every other day or so. And wanted to movr them to bigger containers so the same types are together. But im worried ba bigger container might cause problems. And i have 60 quarts mason jars, so i might as well store it properly, like you would during curing.

I also made thc pills with 15 grams of bud. I extimate them to be about 10 to 20 mg of thc per pill. They are amazing. Takes long to kick in, probably more than an hour, but then it lasts quite long. I can legally take these with me anywhere I go nationally, so I am covered thc-wise in just about any situation. Thanks @InTheShed , I owe you a big thank you. Especially due to how much money one can save over buying. 15 grams of good bud is not cheap.

I also made cannabutter. Tastes awful. But i used some of that to make canna coffee. Which was good. Froze the rest, going to try a coffee smoothy with the frozen ice cubes tomorrow.

Bought a hash bag. Going to make hash with my mite trim after the next harvest. Which is probably next week. Im gone for a few days now. The ladies are very close to harvest bit i am going to leave them til i am back. So i might come back to a lot of amber. Its either that or an early harvest. Earlier would be better, but i dont want to harvest too soon! I think i did that with the first photoperiod i harvest a week ago.

I will only be able to take a pic tomorrow, but let me explain. I LST'd the plant. But I don't really have anything specific technique. So my LST ends up with branches growing across each other. It looks like an untidy mess of cables. But with this Photoperiod, it meant that one whole branch ended up "across" the top of the plant. So normal LST is something like this:

But in my case, one of the top branches ended up something like this:

The big red circle is a very big top cola. But because the whole branch gets light, the whole branch is becoming fatter by the day. Much fatter than a cola only getting light at the top.

I guess it's sort of obvious that this would happen, because the more light a plant gets at a specific point, the bigger it gets there. I just didn't think it woud make such a big difference. So if I can find a way to make all the main top branch with colas lean one direction so that the whole branch is on top I can't imagine that it won't increase yields.

The whole bud doesn't even look like a bud at the top when it's horizontal like that. It's like the plant doesn't know which way is up and becomes fatter in different shapes. I'll send pics tomorrow. Really hard to explain. Maybe my plant is sick. :p

Check out my LST training tutorial in my signature and it will explain why some buds get bigger than others. I trained an auto late last year and got 6 ounce dry from it. This was from one of the lowest branches:
Im harvesting today and I think one or two of my heads might look like that. The first one i harvest of the photos, is going to be a very low yield. Hardly any fat buds. But at least I can see the quality will be significantly better.

the buds i harvested last friday are not ready for jars yet. But im gone til wednesday. Really hoping they dont dry out too much while im gone. I didnt chop them smaller like last time, so they should be able to go for 10 days. 10 days is monday, im back on day 12. So thats quite long for drying, but i dont have choice.

I ended up jarring them and letting a friend help out. So all good for that!

But less phenomenal news. I went to a cannabis expo this weekend. A random dude behind me offered me a drag of his joint. Said its some of the best weed he’s ever had. He was right. Then the guy next to me took a drag and said, “ i know that weed, its bla bla bla”. Then he talked about how it is some dude he knows that produces the best nutrients in town. Thats why the weed is so good. I was still enjoying this amazing joint, so didnt quite catch the name. But I took the following from this:

1. My weed sucks
  2. I want to make the best weed in town
  3. Im gonna have to try a lot harder to get there

Oh, and i also watched a show and it seems dry trimming is the way to go. Wet trimming is actually bad. Broken leaves cause the grass smell apparently. So I need to work on that too.

But nutrients seem to be the main issue. And mites. And the reading goes on...

As you probably know, I have 3 tents. 1 of these tents is particularly bad when it comes to mites. So much so, at least one of the 3 plants looks like death and the other two don't look much better. Check out the pics below and tell me what you think.

They look super gross IMO. The smell is also not great. Maybe this plant is even rotting. I can see it's basically ready for harvest if I look under a scope at the trichomes. But the leaves look very sick and I don't even think bud washing is going to make this plant less gross. I'm probably still going to do it and dry and it see what happens, but maybe you guys might think that it's a waste of time?

Back
Top Bottom