Is it time to switch to 12/12?

I noticed today that some of my the leaves got a bit of lightburn. I did what I could to raise the lights and applied some LST to get the plants lower. However, I don't think the burn marks are going to "heal". It doesn't look like it has affected the buds, but it would be nice to know what to expect. Will the burn remain there, or can I look forward to it recovering?

Remember this ugly son of a gun?

Well, it was the worst of 3 autos. Undoubtedly, it looked super gross. Yet, somehow, this plant had the best buds. Not sure if it's the best yield, but check it out:

The red block at the top, is the ugly plant I almost threw away because it looked so gross. It looks like I'll get anything between 50 and 100 grams from it. That is extremely surprising since the plant only got to 30 cm in height!

The green block is the one that also got a little bit destroyed, but not as bad. And the bottom one was the one that looked the best. Yet the quality of the buds after harvest is the other way around. I.e. The ugly plant seems to have nice big buds and the others have these tiny buds. It's almost like the plant stayed small and just focused on making the bud as big as possible. Maybe that was it's way of defending against the mites. I am not even sure. But the result is good! If I could keep all my plants that short, life would be good.

I'm starting to think that in 1 billion years time when the mites have evolved and can finally communicate with humans, that is when we will work together to produce the best weed in the world. (joke)

You used diatomaceous earth on your buds? That is not a good thing at all. Personally, I believe that no one should smoke buds with DE on them. Look it up and see if you agree.

But didn't you wash the buds? DE is a powder and should wash off. It's possible your cough is a result of the buds not being cured. No one smokes my buds until four weeks into the cure, which means close to 7 weeks from harvest (one week hang dry and two weeks burping in jars, then four weeks sealed).

You used diatomaceous earth on your buds? That is not a good thing at all. Personally, I believe that no one should smoke buds with DE on them. Look it up and see if you agree.

But didn't you wash the buds? DE is a powder and should wash off. It's possible your cough is a result of the buds not being cured. No one smokes my buds until four weeks into the cure, which means close to 7 weeks from harvest (one week hang dry and two weeks burping in jars, then four weeks sealed).

If you remember, you were still the one who told me that day I did it, that it's a bad idea. And I did it right as they started flowering. And I did my best to wash it off. And bud washed etc.

Another theory is that they are not having a good time in the jars. I get a bit of an ammonia smell, which I know is bad. But leaving it open for a bit, makes it go away. It's odd, because these buds have been curing since 1 Feb.

And you have a hygrometer in the jar at all times, right? What's the reading? And did you burp the jars for two weeks after you put them in? I don't recall.
I burp every day for 30 mins. I have hygrometers in there. The ones i jarred 3 weeks ago are not going below 70%. The others i cured months ago, they eventually got down to 60%, but it took forever.

A more pressing query. I have two photos remaining. Both are taking forever to make the white pistels turn brown. But I have been slacking with their nutrients. I order "fulvates" and "humates" a while ago. Two bottles. Basically a cocktail that apparently promotes cell growth. I added and didn't think much of it.

This morning, almost ALL of the white pistels have turned brown on the one plant. And I can already see way more trichomes. Was this coincidence or was these nutrients the missing key the whole time?

No idea. Not sure how long "a while" is or what's in your nutrients. Feed your plants good NPK nutrients throughout the grow. They need less phosphorus than we are led to believe and more nitrogen in flower than people think.
Nitrogen is needed from start to finish. I do not know why so many growers think that no nitrogen is good. Quote taken after a quick google search...
"Nitrogen is part of the chlorophyll molecule, which gives plants their green color and is involved in creating food for the plant through photosynthesis."

Back
Top Bottom