Is it time?

xjackflashx

My biggest plant is showin its signs of sex..looks to be female to me..anyways, the plants were started begin. of May and I was wondering if i should put them on the 12/12 light cycle yet....they get 14 right now according to the sunrise/sunset calander for my area of the world or should I let mother nature take her course and let it all happen naturally......my natural 12/12 cycle isnt till september...also my plants are about 2 feet in height so far...should i let them keep growing...do i have enough time where i can top the plants or is it too late once they show their sex??? Ive read on here that you want to keep the distance between nodes close or is that just a personal opinion??? Lots of questions here that need some great answers too...i really wanna get the most out of this grow (my first) :bongrip:

Re: Is it time??

just my opinion but for some reason plant dont flower at exatcly 12/12...i already have a couple of plants flowerin...i would say let mother nature do her thang...also look for a major growth spert.that usually signifies that the plant has begon to flower..peace

thanks...yeah right now the plants are growing but not anything close to a growth spurt..not yet anyways...when do you think flowering will really be in full affect?

id say by late august theyd be pretty heay into flower.depending on the strain..some start earlier, some later.. some have a slow maturation rate and some dont....everything is about genetics..hope this helped a little..peace

My biggest plant is showin its signs of sex..looks to be female to me..anyways, the plants were started begin. of May and I was wondering if i should put them on the 12/12 light cycle yet....they get 14 right now according to the sunrise/sunset calander for my area of the world or should I let mother nature take her course and let it all happen naturally......my natural 12/12 cycle isnt till september...also my plants are about 2 feet in height so far...should i let them keep growing...do i have enough time where i can top the plants or is it too late once they show their sex??? Ive read on here that you want to keep the distance between nodes close or is that just a personal opinion??? Lots of questions here that need some great answers too...i really wanna get the most out of this grow (my first) :bongrip:
Outdoors in most of North America you won't start to flower until late August or so. You have plenty of time to top it if you like. You'll have no control of node distance on an outdoor grow. Node spacing is based on light intensity and genetics.

Keep us posted!
Akorn:bongrip:

anyone know how to put pics on here?? On my list of posting rules...it says that im not able to post attachments.....

hey man...just upload them to the 420 gallery, after they are approved right click on the pictures and get image location. To post them press the little yellow image with the moutains/sun and drop the link in there. Good luck, it can be a task if its all your first time

hey man...just upload them to the 420 gallery, after they are approved right click on the pictures and get image location. To post them press the little yellow image with the moutains/sun and drop the link in there. Good luck, it can be a task if its all your first time

I tried to upload them..a screen pops up and says they were uploaded successfully, then when it brings me to the album...it says there are no images...

Anyways..untill I get my pics up heres the latest....I just transplanted my grow into three 5gal. buckets from one big old planter I had them all growing in...was using the sea of green method of grow. While in the old planter the leaves were starting to turn yellow...i think due to lack of proper space each plant deserves, not to mention we got hit with a really bad week of 90-100 degree weather. Since the transplant...the leaves are starting to regain their color back, and the ones that were too far gone, i went ahead and cut those off so the plant wasnt wasting its energy on something that wasnt for the good of the plant. I think I spotted my first male plant today when i went out to water them this morning, where the leaf splits off the main trunk or branch there is a lil ball....and one on the other side...that would make it male right? Its tiny right now but it looks like a tiny tiny baby seed covered in green fuzz...also i heard from a buddy whos big into grows that on a plant you tell fem from male by looking at those two pointed short sprout sets on each side of the stalk. If they cross then its female, if the dont cross its male...ive never heard of that...anyone??

m_or_f.jpg

m_or_f2.jpg

m_or_f5.jpg

Hey man check this out. Those are tops and it looks a little early to be flowering. Look in between the bracts(where the branch meets the stem) of the plant. There should be a pear shaped gland. If your plants are female two small hairs will grow out of it. If you plants are male there will only be little balls growing no hairs. Also, those tops you photoed will turn in to a huge clump of little balls, looks kinda like a bunch of bananas. Check the weather channel for sunrise to sunset times. If the night hours are less than 12 hours you plants aren't ready. After 7-14 days of 12 consecutive hours of darkness your plants should start showing sings of sex. Good luck and post some more pics, check ya later.

Anyways..untill I get my pics up heres the latest....I just transplanted my grow into three 5gal. buckets from one big old planter I had them all growing in...was using the sea of green method of grow. While in the old planter the leaves were starting to turn yellow...i think due to lack of proper space each plant deserves, not to mention we got hit with a really bad week of 90-100 degree weather. Since the transplant...the leaves are starting to regain their color back, and the ones that were too far gone, i went ahead and cut those off so the plant wasnt wasting its energy on something that wasnt for the good of the plant. I think I spotted my first male plant today when i went out to water them this morning, where the leaf splits off the main trunk or branch there is a lil ball....and one on the other side...that would make it male right? Its tiny right now but it looks like a tiny tiny baby seed covered in green fuzz...also i heard from a buddy whos big into grows that on a plant you tell fem from male by looking at those two pointed short sprout sets on each side of the stalk. If they cross then its female, if the dont cross its male...ive never heard of that...anyone??

That lil ball may be the pear shaped gland that produces the hairs wait a little while and see if more lil balls show up if so yank it's ass!!!!!

Hey I saw ur profile pic and thought I'd share this with you.
I used the same pic for my reference.
I'll be finishing it tmrw.
image34290.jpg

Tell me what you think.

Back
Top Bottom