Is it too late?

Rredeye

I have two socal masters and four bubbaxmasters in the beginning of week three of flower. Theyre under a 400w HPS in a ebb and flow with AN nutes. I want to trim off some of the lower branches that arent getting alot of light and have very small weak looking flowers starting. the tops have nice tight little flowers developing and want the plant to spend its energy on those but I dont want to shock my plants or stunt them. Is it too late to trim these now or can it be done say over a week or so taking one a day? Any help is appreciated.:thanks:

This is very common. Many growers using lights trim their plants up to increase light penetration.
I, personally, don't do it, but my babies are in the sun.
What I can compare it to is the cuttings for the cloning I do. I often trim 5 or 6 branches at a time to create clones. I rarely see any significant impact from the cuttings I do for cloning.
There are tons of examples of folks doing this all over the grow journals. Give them a peek and find some folk that are in similar situations and ask away. We're generally a very helpful lot.

Cheers!

Trimming lower leaves and spindly growth in flower

U should be ok to trim at any time provided no other stress factors are involved (ie heat stress, pests, PH problems/nute lockout). I recently did this in my last grow and I had other stress factors, plants never seemed to appear disturbed. It is however best to play it safe if u feel the loss is greater than the gain by doing so and stressing the plants ultimately which would impact ur harvest. When I feel mine are stress or the potential for stress is there I often treat with vitamin B1 to help alleviate the stress symptoms. Once u trim them, the plant should quickly close its wounds and direct its energy toward other living parts. Hope this helps some.

Back
Top Bottom