Is it too late?

JohnW

420 Member
Hello, I am new here and I just started to grow. I have one plant that I can't tell you much about. I found a seed in a previous bag I bought and decided to plant the seed, which then got the wheel in my head rolling. I purchased seeds, a grow tent (4'x4'x12'), soil, and nutrients (from Flower Power Fertilizers). This seed was just going to be a test but, after about four weeks and a little thought, I've decided to start four of my new seeds I purchased off the internet (into tent on December 6,2017.

Strain - 1 Unknown and 4 Sativa Sour Diesel Feminized
# of Plants - 5
Indoor Tent 4'x4'x12' Air Cooled with exhaust and controller set to turn on at 80 degrees and off at 70 degrees
Grow Type - Soil a mixture of soil and soil with manure from Lowes
Grow Stage - Vegetative 1 plant six weeks and 4 plants two weeks
Bucket Size - 1 Planter and 4 Five Gallon with holes drilled
Lights - (1) 1000 Watt HPS set on 600 watts
Nutrients - Flower Power nutrients
Medium - ?
PPM - ?
PH - ?
RH - 15% to 70% (I usually spray the inside walls of the grow tent with water every evening after feeding)
Room Temperature - 70 to 80
Solution Temperature - ?
Room Square Footage - 4'x4'
Pests - a bunch of gnats
Watering every evening - pouring onto dirt and spraying leaves.

Problem: I have notices little flying bugs which look like gnats. I have read somewhere this is from over feeding? I also see a big difference in one of my plants (the unknown plant). I have attached two pics. Pic one is on December 18 and pic two is just three days later December 21. Is it too late to save this plant?

Susan121817.jpg

Susan122117.jpg

I am going to try not watering for a day or two.

JW

I think this looks like overwatering. I grow in coco coir so I am not positive but I don't believe you should be watering every day if you are in soil. Growweedeasy.com is a great site I go to help diagnose my issues. I think keep with your plan and don't water until the pot feels lighter. She should recover from overwatering I believe. .

OK, I guess it's not too late to save this plant. I put jar caps with vinegar in the tent and noticed there are very few gnats now. I also only watered these once in the past four days. Here is a pic from about an hour ago

Sues122517.jpg

Thanks for the replies.

Well, I was not impressed with my first grow. I work fulltime and have a family so I don't really have much time or energy to put in on making this work right. I spent many exhausting hours working on this grow and I had nothing but problems. I think the gnats and humidity played a huge part in why this grow was crap.

I hope the next grow is much, much better. I know now to get nematodes early to get rid of any gnats and to avoid the gnat infestation which I had in my first grow. The humidity during this first grow was I'd say between 15-30%. I just bought a humidifier to help with my next grow.

For my new grow I have 3 Sour Diesels and 2 unknowns started. (The unknowns are seeds from a bag I bought)

I put together a short video of my first grow, you can see it here:

Thanks,
JW

Back
Top Bottom