Is LED legit or do I stick with a T5 system for veg?

COgrowBuddy

Good evening everyone!

I am new to the forum and look forward to working with you all throughout my upcoming grow!! Although I am new to T5 and LED, I am not new to growing (I grow deep water culture). I have been doing a lot of reading regarding LED or T5 for my veg cycle, and to be honest, I am finding it difficult to make a decision. So, I thought I would ask directly and see what you all think.

I have used MH to veg in the past (I am still using HPS to flower), however I am not wanting the bill any longer. I have since found a Mars-Hydro LED system (new 60 x 5w) and a 4 bulb T5 system on ebay and am hoping to order within the next day. I will be vegging only 1 plant at a time. I have copied and pasted the links to each below.

Mars-Hydro LED

T5

What do you think? Does anyone have experience with either system and is able to guide me in the right direction? I cannot tell you enough how much I appreciate all of your feedback!

Thank you again and grow on! :thanks:

I use a similar 300w LED system in one of my grow frames.

growframeandsolopots.png

The LED box is on the top rack behind 3 hemp seedlings. There are also 3x100w output (these use only 23w) spiral CFLs for the hemp on top and the sativa and indica solos on the bottom rack. There are 2 plants in 1 gallon jeans pots and 8 solo pots vegging in the picture.​

I continued to grow out two of the plants in that grow frame with the 300w LED till harvest. The plants were allowed to grow no taller than 16 inches.

Here is what those plants looked like at harvest after a 10 day water only cycle:
bbharvestday1.png

cottoncandyharvestday1.png

3 ounces of sticky buds being cured in 1200ml jars:
harvesthakata.png

Conclusion, yes 300w LED can adequately grow 1 plant if I can grow 2 plants.

I use a similar 300w LED system in one of my grow frames.

growframeandsolopots.png

The LED box is on the top rack behind 3 hemp seedlings. There are also 3x100w output (these use only 23w) spiral CFLs for the hemp on top and the sativa and indica solos on the bottom rack. There are 2 plants in 1 gallon jeans pots and 8 solo pots vegging in the picture.​

I continued to grow out two of the plants in that grow frame with the 300w LED till harvest. The plants were allowed to grow no taller than 16 inches.

Here is what those plants looked like at harvest after a 10 day water only cycle:
bbharvestday1.png

cottoncandyharvestday1.png

3 ounces of sticky buds being cured in 1200ml jars:
harvesthakata.png

Conclusion, yes 300w LED can adequately grow 1 plant if I can grow 2 plants.

Cannabelle,
Thank you so much for your response. It was so helpful! Looks like you had some great results running the LED all the way through. Do you know the true wattage being pulled from the wall by your lamp? The seller got back to me and said that the light I am looking at pulls 129W. Is this too little or do you believe I will have good veg results?

Mars Hydro has a great reputation in the:420: community. Welcome to the best group of growers from around the world. Any questions on Mars Hydro just check out this thread Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

For the Mars Hydro web site visit here Mars Hydro LED - the Best Solutions for Horticulture and Indoor Plants. Cheaper than fleabay.

Thank you! I remember reading worries about the eBay lights not being the actual manufacture light. Do I need to worry about this? Would Sarah know about this? I hope she sees this thread.

I must say, T5 is still on my mind. Should it be? I think it is because I know so little about LED.

Thank you!

Hello COgrowBuddy, the Old Model 60x5w on ebay is our light. No need to worry about it.:Namaste:
Thank you! I remember reading worries about the eBay lights not being the actual manufacture light. Do I need to worry about this? Would Sarah know about this? I hope she sees this thread.

I must say, T5 is still on my mind. Should it be? I think it is because I know so little about LED.

Thank you!

i find with the led it keeps the plants nice and squat with close nodes , easy to train the plant also ..

i pimped my first 400w led for veg and it gives me a bigger footprint my plants in veg recover quick and grow like crazy , plus the fact with the hps i used to use i can sleep better knowing there is not a ball of heat hanging there , they are much safer with no heat

P10706941.JPG

P10707781.JPG
P10706931.JPG

Back
Top Bottom