Is LED lighting any good

howdy miss Sara, is Mars-Hydro planning on moving The driver so it's not mounted over the dimming adjustments any time soon?
Having to take the driver off every time I would want to make a adjustment seems to be a pain.

On the Meanwell drivers the dimmer is built into it. That’s weird that those you have to take off the whole thing on Mars lights.

On the Meanwell drivers the dimmer is built into it. That’s weird that those you have to take off the whole thing on Mars lights.

No kidding, that blew me away.

That's what turned me off and I won't purchase.

I have some New lights coming hopefully next week. :woohoo:

Pure quality, Samsung diodes and power, American made and a three year warranty.

Check back next week and join the party, you're invited! :party:

No kidding, that blew me away.

That's what turned me off and I won't purchase.

I have some New lights coming hopefully next week. :woohoo:

Pure quality, Samsung diodes and power, American made and a three year warranty.

Check back next week and join the party, you're invited! :party:

Dope! I got another set of Fluence Spydr lights coming in the next 6 weeks or so (they are super backordered, last order took 37 days) and I’ll be done buying lights for a while, as 3 4x8 tents are enough for me right now.

Dope! I got another set of Fluence Spydr lights coming in the next 6 weeks or so (they are super backordered, last order took 37 days) and I’ll be done buying lights for a while, as 3 4x8 tents are enough for me right now.

Good for you, good things are worth waiting for! :thumb:
Tag me when you get all set up. :woohoo::party:

why should everyone have to search a forum for their answers? also how dead would a forum be if everyone did this. new growers want to talk about it and discuss it too not just read through your old journals. cmon now.

are you a redditor by chance? LMAO

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

meh, i'd say about 1/100 420 members feel the same way. discussion is key and most new grower would be more than discouraged to be called a "reposter" for a simple question you could have just ignored. seriously

Amen Brother!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

howdy miss Sara, is Mars-Hydro planning on moving The driver so it's not mounted over the dimming adjustments any time soon?
Having to take the driver off every time I would want to make a adjustment seems to be a pain.
Hi John, yes, on our TS 3000, we have already added the extra wire to help move the driver outside the tent, and I believe soon on other units we will have upgradtion too. :)

Hi John, yes, on our TS 3000, we have already added the extra wire to help move the driver outside the tent, and I believe soon on other units we will have upgradtion too. :)

Excellent business move , Ms Sara. :green_heart:

Excellent business move , Ms Sara. :green_heart:
Thanks John, Mars are listening to our growers' feedback and making movements based on your vallued advices. :circle-of-love:

I use LED's. That's 4 plants in a 5' x 10' tent. Are LED's any good ? You judge.
GEDC5554.JPG
GEDC5556.JPG

I had to put a SCROG NET up to keep the branches off the lights.
All I see is a bunch of red ??

been doing some looking at the qb options in canada. from what i can see they're way over priced as of now. about $700-$800 for a 3x3 veg and 2x2 flower area isn't worth it imo. these prices need to come way down for what you're getting. i understand it's a better quality of light, but to cover a 8x4 tent would cost a small fortune. makes me wonder why the mars boards cost so much less. HLG lights is what i was looking at.

been doing some looking at the qb options in canada. from what i can see they're way over priced as of now. about $700-$800 for a 3x3 veg and 2x2 flower area isn't worth it imo. these prices need to come way down for what you're getting. i understand it's a better quality of light, but to cover a 8x4 tent would cost a small fortune. makes me wonder why the mars boards cost so much less. HLG lights is what i was looking at.

To be honest much of it is hype. That’s why hlg is sold at that price when you can order the same board or even the same kit for 1/2 or 1/3 of it’s retail price with a brand name on it. You can even have your own name printed on boards when ordering from chinese suppliers. Haha.

And by the way i think diy is the way to go with leds. Especially if you are a hobby grower like me.

To be honest much of it is hype. That’s why hlg is sold at that price when you can order the same board or even the same kit for 1/2 or 1/3 of it’s retail price with a brand name on it. You can even have your own name printed on boards when ordering from chinese suppliers. Haha.

And by the way i think diy is the way to go with leds. Especially if you are a hobby grower like me.

I think just like anything else the price is bound to drop eventually. I'm just a sucker for the next "better" thing when i'm in a hobby lol. I'm sure by xmas the prices will be much lower.

I think just like anything else the price is bound to drop eventually. I'm just a sucker for the next "better" thing when i'm in a hobby lol. I'm sure by xmas the prices will be much lower.

I think until new diodes replaces these ones, the prices will stay the same and who knows when that will happen. Apple releases a new iphone every 18 months lets say, the older model becomes obsolete and devaluates greatly but the “new and improved” version is sold at the same price. Price never drops. Products get replaced with a flashy name and little to no tweaks. I can assure you cobs do a great job and you can get 2 of the same kit from China for the price of 1 here. And if you want to pursuit the “new and improved” you better have deep pockets. I don’t. Hahaha. But of course that’s my take on things.

Spider Farmer 2000 should do a 3x4 veg, 2x4 flower for $310
All quality diodes and drivers, and IMO a better spectrum than HLG.

Budget LED 260w series 2 is I think $280
Also with good LM301B diodes and Meanwell driver and 2x4 flower footprint.

These two I think are best options currently for quality boards at good price.

Also can build your own with Photoboost strips to the exact size you need all with highest quality diodes, drivers, and heat sinks.
Probably about the same price but will have better more even coverage.

Back
Top Bottom