Is Miracle-Gro safe for my plants?

I am in Co too, and my leaf steams are also turning red... My night temp inside is 68-69 deg. The lights on temp is high 70's low 80's.. Comparing them age wise to others on here I have not seen anything that would hint that they are slower growing.. I also have not had any problems with my miracle grow plants, they are doing just as well as the FF ones...So far..:bongrip:

I swear if you don't flush well, and in time, MG will make your weed taste like nasty MG. Anyone else taste that?

I hear both sides in regard to chemical fertilizers.. Some say that the taste is altered noticeably and other find they can't tell the difference.

This brings up a good question though... When you bring up "Flushing well" what is your definition of flushing well?

Do you know of any studies or evidence of how chemical fertilizers if (Flushed Well) impact our health... If any?

I've been torn between organic and chemical nutes.. After finding so many high cost bottles and combinations of "Organic" coupled by all their pretty pictured bottles I figured most were probably a marketing scams. I wanted to keep it simple and go with a product that works well, provides great results and is reasonably priced.. With this said I decided to go with Jack's classic 20-20-20 and their bloom. I've read great feedback and it's very inexpensive. I'm going to give it a try.

Huh, this is an olllllld post.

Now, I just have an issue with Miracle Gro for plants and I'm not shy about it. This is a chemical fertilizer that is meant for potted plants and for making them look pretty.

While looks are great, they're certainly not something that you want to focus on for a plant that you might eat or smoke. It's just a different plant, IMHO.

What you need to keep in mind is that whatever you put into yoru plant will get into yoru body. When that happens, you want to be careful, I think. Now, with that in mind, i don't necessarily use organic nutes. I should and I think I should, but in the meantime, I'd rather use a product that's meant for weed, not for making petunias look pretty in a flower box.

I'm using AN's lineup of:

Sensi A&B Grow and Bloom
Big BUd
Bud Candy
B-52
Overdrive

I've been adding Piranha and Final Phase too in recent grows. It's a lot to manage, but it's something that makes my weed taste awesome and grow so much better.

Just my thoughts. You do what you have to do though. I personally do what's best for my plants, not what's best for my budget. LOL

Yes, this is an old post. I actually pulled this topic during a search and didn't realize it was dated... (sorry).

The debate regarding Organic vs Chemical fertilizers will go on.
There are certainly pros and cons to each and I believe they both have their places. I support organic 100 percent, but also use chemical fertilizers where I feel appropriate.

I am not a Miracle Grow supporter, but where do you get the idea that it is
stricly meant for potted plants and its sole purpose is to make petunias look pretty in a flower box. (haha that's funny).

Then you quote...
While looks are great, they're certainly not something that you want to focus on for a plant that you might eat or smoke. It's just a different plant, IMHO

- I never stated that at all.
I stated that...I wanted to keep it simple and go with a product that works well, provides great results and is reasonably priced.

As for your comment regarding you do what's best for your plants, not your budget. Well I do what's best for both, my plants and my budget. LOL

I use these forums to learn, not to post sarcasm or put down others for their beliefs and choices.

Good luck on your grow.

Peace

Huh, this is an olllllld post.

Now, I just have an issue with Miracle Gro for plants and I'm not shy about it. This is a chemical fertilizer that is meant for potted plants and for making them look pretty.

While looks are great, they're certainly not something that you want to focus on for a plant that you might eat or smoke. It's just a different plant, IMHO.

What you need to keep in mind is that whatever you put into yoru plant will get into yoru body. When that happens, you want to be careful, I think. Now, with that in mind, i don't necessarily use organic nutes. I should and I think I should, but in the meantime, I'd rather use a product that's meant for weed, not for making petunias look pretty in a flower box.

I'm using AN's lineup of:

Sensi A&B Grow and Bloom
Big BUd
Bud Candy
B-52
Overdrive

I've been adding Piranha and Final Phase too in recent grows. It's a lot to manage, but it's something that makes my weed taste awesome and grow so much better.

Just my thoughts. You do what you have to do though. I personally do what's best for my plants, not what's best for my budget. LOL

A molucule of nitrogen .....is a molecule of nitrogen. Weather it's an organic molecule or a synthisized molecule. There is no differance in the performance .......the only differance is in the cost. :smokin:
I get what you are trying to say here with this quote but one thing that should be taken into consideration is what is being fed to your plants along side those molecules. A nitrogen molecule itself isnt going to affect the taste from one source to the next but the rest of the shit that is in that source sure as hell will. Flushing requirements DO change between various types of nutrient. It will still feed your plant - but what else are you feeding it?
...just a thought.

I swear if you don't flush well, and in time, MG will make your weed taste like nasty MG. Anyone else taste that?

The Facts:
Growing Medium: Straight MiracleGrow <- hence the post in here.....not sure bout this stuff.
PH: 6.5-7.5
Temp: Always 67-77 degrees (just the 10 degrees that are easiest to maintain in my setup).
Light: 21/3 Not really sure what kind of lights but honestly I think they are horrible (could this affect this?)
Watering: I monitor soil moisture levels to determine irrigation control. I used distilled water with no additives as of yet.
Height: 18"
I want to say it's within a month old and still within veg state. It is a fast growing Durban Poison Sativa. I just bought and transplanted it a week ago.
Plenty of room in pot.

What I'm noticing:
I have a couple of older leaves with small burns that are curling up a few days in. It isn't bad and the plant looks fairly green everywhere else other than very minimal spotting and slight discoloration in between veins but I checked very thoroughly for bugs and what not....nothing abnormal as far as I can see. I noticed maybe a few of those leaves with tiny burnt look that only had one spot anywhere else on the leaf.
New growth is completely green.

My question:
Is this over feeding or magnesium or zinc def?
If so what is "in time"? How long should I flush? And should I wait/do anything before flushing or just begin flushing out immediately - assuming my situation is the soil I used.
Wanted to induce flowering but I thought I would check with the people who know before I make any major decisions on what to do.

Help?

Yes, I have and I've done VERY well. They do however tell you to fert every week.
I think last year I probably gave it to them 4 times, and my plants were close to 14'. Yes THAT FOURTEEN FEET HIGH.
Make sure to switch to a bud fert at proper time thou.

Good weather helps a ton,so does "GOOD OLD DIRT", lots of worms.

I know I am responding to this question rather late in the game as it is 2015.,, but I'm new to 420 and I have some input that can answer this question. From research and second and observations I have concluded the causes and effects. Miracle grow comes in many different formulas for different purposes. Plants need Nitrogen, Potassium, and Phosphorus ad the main ingredients to a healthy plant. From observations the Miracle grow soil with controlled release is harmful (sometimes releasing too much killing the plant.) Standard Miracle grow is high in Nitrogen but low in Potassium and Phosphorus. What does that mean? Well it means that the soil is perfect for the growing phase of the plant's life but really just that. You will get a large plant quickly but the buds will not be effected thus buds tend to be smaller for the size of plant produced.

Miracle Grow provides other mixtures that are high in Phosphorus, this ingredient is the primary element used in producing the bud on the plant. Generally during the flowering phase you want to change the diet to a high phosphorus and not a high nitrogen diet. This allows the buds to grow larger.

Potassium however this is not proven but it is a hypothesis that when you increase Potassium you also increase the THC content of the buds that are being produced. The fact about Potassium with it's uses for plants is the more potassium the more healthier the plant's immune system is, which allows the plant to fight off blights or other plant based diseases.

In short:

Nitrogen = Larger Plant

Phosphorus = Larger Buds

Potassium = More Potent Buds?/ Healthier Plant.

Things to remember the difference between medicine and a poison is the amount you take. Plants can overdose on Nitrogen, Potassium, and Phosphorus. This tends to happen among inexperienced gardeners with any plant wither it be a tomato, Squash, Cabbage, or even the plant on this subject Cannabis.

Too answer your question, based upon the information provided through the conclusion of several controlled experiments Miracle grow is fine to use with Cannabis however, no one fertilizer can maximize desired effects for all stages of life.

Note: I am not legally responsible for any losses, damages, legal fees, time served, etc. This information is for educational purpose only and is not to be used in any illegal activities. All research was conducted through countries that have legalized Marijuana so no laws were broken during the time these experiments were conducted. I did not conduct the research I only have read this information from second hand sources and thus had no participation in this experiments.

I used it on my outdoor crop this year I am going to harvest six huge marijuana plants soon and I use the bloom fertilizer and I got some nice bu and I use the bloom fertilizer and I got some nice buds don't follow the directions use very little

Hey guys, quick question i have one plant its just over 6 feet tall, its outdoors. I figure i have about a week left in the season as it is getting cold frost warnings ect where i live. Just wanted to no if there is anything you people would suggest to give it one last push to get them buds bigger. Was gonna hit it with a half shot of mg tomorow for the weekend as it is gonna be nice out. Thoughts?

I am usinb Miracle gro for soil MMJ right now and they are doing fine. But one thing I know is that I used this fert many times with flowers, veggies, fruit trees and never had any problems killing any. In other words, is MMJ a weaker plant than the ones I mentioned?

I have used MG in very small amts "in and outdoors" and really was impressed with the results, than again, i have tried other ferts and have seen good results as well. If you`re watching your plants and experiment in order to gain knowledge, do it.. I`m always evolving in my growing techniques and do what i feel is right, not what everyone tells me...I don`t consider myself an expert in anyway, shape or form. I do this for enjoyment and medicinal reasons. Have fun, and enjoy...

I was using Advance Nutes for the soil but where very slow in developing. A reason to try the very cheap GM for veggie and the took off like crazy. using the small measuring cup to a gallon of distilled water once per week. I will be taking some cuttings to clone and those I will feed with the Advance Nutes doing the DWC. I don't think Advance Nutes work so good for soil.

Back
Top Bottom