Is my carbon scrubber to big?

oxenhiven

I made a carbon scrubber from scratch following a tutorial I found on another site. It helped me out a lot, since I'm on a tight budget, but now that I've finished it, I'm beginning to wonder if I made too big for the setup that I have.

The scrubber itself is 8 inches in diameter and about 2 feet long. It'll be attached to a 6 inch inline fan, but with my tent only being around 4.5 x 5 x 6, it not only takes up quite a bit of space, but the thing is pretty heavy. It's not that big of a deal, however, if I can shorten it up, I would like to do just that.

Does anyone else have a similar setup? Anything would help. Thanks!

You could always stand it in the corner somewhere to avoid the hassles and potential downfalls of hanging it up high. I know it is not an ideal location but if you move your intake up high then the air flow should still flow through the tent rather than only along the floor.

You could always stand it in the corner somewhere to avoid the hassles and potential downfalls of hanging it up high. I know it is not an ideal location but if you move your intake up high then the air flow should still flow through the tent rather than only along the floor.

I did think of doing this, and after considering everything, it will probably be what I end up doing. I guess either way, I'll still be dealing with a bulky filter. It's not really a necessity for me to make it smaller, I would just like more room for my plants to grow.

Thanks for your input.

Back
Top Bottom