Is my grow light distance ok please help

Seaneybhoy

Hello my last post was about the equipment I had and was it adequate which everyone was very helpful, turned out I had everything right ....anyways I have my equipment all set up and I'm trying to get my temps right
In the room where my 0.8m x 0.8m x 1.6m tent is the tempriture is
25.6C humidity 47% with a light breeze which I can't feel but the blinds are waving at my open window

In the tent itself the bottom temp is 28C and so is the temp at the top of the tent..my grow light which is 250w MH is in a cool tube and vented out the tent and out room door while one of the big holes is on the opposite side at the window...at the bottom of the tent I have left the 2 massive holes open and opened the mesh rectangular window ...my cool tube is at the very top of my tent and I'm lowering the plants instead of raising the light to keep the pvc ducting as straight and short as I can..my 4 pots are on top of a table which I can lower the height of the legs

I have a six inch clip on fan at the bottom of the tent blowing at the pots and one suspended blowing the heat coming from the bulb up towards the roof of the tent ..i put a lighter next to each of the huge holes at the bottom from outside the tent and it seemed to want to suck the flame into the tent the heat also being exhausted into my hall way is very hot so I gathered it saves on heating lol

My exhaust system is from left to right
4inch carbon fibre
4 inch dia fan 105 m3/h
45 degree angle bend in ducting
Cool tube
4inch dia fan 105m3/h
45 degree bend in ducting
And one more bend as the ducting exits the tent

So all good so far ..i think ..so I turned and empty pot upside down and placed my hygrometer on it the hygrometer was 24 inches from my bulb and it was 27C but I closed the distance to 19inches and the tempriture was 33C ..is it ok to have the light 24inches from the top of the plants ? Or do I go to 19inches and hang a co2 bag or do I need more powerful exhaust fans i read if the light is too far away the plants will stretch and fall over I also read that I need to be 14 inches from the tops of plants ..no chance in that I don't have the funds for a more powerful fans
Ps I've grown once before in a worse enviroment and got a mini yield plants became tall and thin resembled a t red with lots of little arms who's anorexic..so only can get better ?
Thank you for your help

Honestly you don't need co2 if your not growing many plants, also the co2 bags don't work. I have a 450w led with them less then 12" away if that tells you anything.

Only reason I'd use co2 is because I read that plants can stand like 6 digrees more of heat

So 24 inches is acceptable? The plants won't stretch because the lights are 2 foot away ?

Back
Top Bottom