Is my OG Kush ready? Clear pics

ganjafarmer1

Hello,

I'm currently growing 1 OG kush plant that's at day 73 flowering.
It's my second grow (first non-auto) and I'm not sure on when to harvest her.
I'm growing in scrog and the pistils are still 40% white.
I'm stopped feeding her 2 weeks ago.

feel free to give some advise or ask questions,

one love :volcano-smiley:
IMG_33653.JPG
IMG_33883.JPG
IMG_33864.JPG
IMG_33794.JPG

ps: sorry for my bad english, I'm from Belgium

Re: ## Is my OGkush ready? (clear pics) ##

I only have a jewelers loupe, like I used in the first pic.
I can't really get something better now, I will get one for the next grow.

You really need at least 30x-60x to see the trichomes clearly enough.

Pistils develop at different rates on different strains. So using them to harvest is the same as guessing.

When checking trichomes, you also have to check them on the buds, and NOT the sugar leaves, as certain strains have the trichomes on the leaves, and buds developing at different rates.

If you have binoculars, you can turn them around and that might help a little....

73 days sounds long
to my novice eyes it seems like it still needs some time 4-7 days is a guess
nice looking either way
really nice job

check the trichomes with a microscope , check to see if they are going cloudy from clear , if you want a high go for cloudy with a couple of amber , if you want couchlock stone go for 70/30 to 50/50 amber

Exactly this. Personally, I prefer an earlier harvest with just a few amber trichomes. Heady highs FTW!

I counted from the 12/12 switch

You really need a scope or loupe to see the trichomes brother... without it, any advice I give could steer you in the wrong direction.

Exactly this. Personally, I prefer an earlier harvest with just a few amber trichomes. Heady highs FTW!

Man you can smoke with me any day. Love the Sativa highs.

Have a look on google images type in og kush, a lot of the pics of the buds show them with all brown/orange pistil hair, so it looks like its not an indication of maturity, if all the hairs turn brown you need to start looking at the trics now! it wont be long, anyway you prob know the rest, what different color trics do, good luck

Back
Top Bottom