Is my plant a hermaphrodite?

Greenshock

Greetings everyone,

My first post here and I need help. I'm growing my first plant and trying to learn obviously. I've read about hermies and I'm scared my first plant is one. I'm wondering if anyone can look at the pictures and clarify if my girl's a shemale.

20160727_175044.jpg
20160725_180911.jpg
20160725_180854_014.jpg
20160725_180821.jpg

Thanks in advance ;).

Greenshock

Greetings everyone,

My first post here and I need help. I'm growing my first plant and trying to learn obviously. I've read about hermies and I'm scared my first plant is one. I'm wondering if anyone can look at the pictures and clarify if my girl's a shemale.

Thanks in advance ;).

Greenshock

I would have to say yes she/he is.

There is a product called Reverse by Dutch Master that
is used to help keep the plant from turning, I have used it and seems to work but not sure
if it will work this late into the switch ?

Yeah it looks like a herm. pop the balls off and watch for them growing elsewhere. you could bin the plant of course but if you keep ontop of the balls you will get a harvest from it. However if there are more plants in the room id suggest binning it. if its your only plant its possible to get some weed from it. Also look out for 'nanners' banana looking things sprouting out from buds.

If you do take the plant to the end be sure to wipe down the grow space thoroughly in order to prevent any possible pollen contaminating future plants.

hermaphrodite-cannabis1.jpg

Well that sucks....

I can always toss it out, but I only have this one growing so would'nt be a problem maintaining it. If I clear it of all the balls there would be some end product left to smoke? And if so, would it be the same quality or inferior ? I'd hate it to let all this effort go to waste but I'd also hate it to waste efford for nothing in the end :p

if you keep ontop of the balls it will limit pollination. still a chance of seedy weed though. It will be inferior to a 100% regular perfectly grown female but ive finished out some herms that havent been bad. If its your only plant and you have nothing to replace it then i guess its not doing any harm. You could bin it and start again. growing 1 plant is always a bummer when something goes wrong because there is no back up. maybe grow 2 smaller plants next time incase one herms or has problems.

Ty for the advice. I'll pick the seeds and see what's left at the end.

Greetings

When removing the balls, keep a roll of scotch tape next to you. Tear off a piece of tape and fold it over the ball. That way if it bursts, the tape will trap pollen.

Tape all your balls first, then remove them. Tugging and pulling on your plant can cause other balls to "let the dogs out"

Hope this helps...
:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom