Is my plant ready for cloning?

Anonym00se

IMAG00455.jpg

I was wondering is my caramelicious plant ready to take clones off of? I'd like to tell the sex soon ;)

I'm confused, its only meant to take 8 weeks to grow carmelicious, I'm in week 3 now so a month would mean the plant is 7 weeks old and almost ready to go to flower, isn't that really late?

If I am clear, you're asking if that plant is ready to take clones from, correct?

If so, I ask you, where do you see any harvestable clones on that plant? You mother needs to be MUCH larger to give you clones.

For example: Here's a mother of mine. I took 15 cuts from her right after I took this picture.

sw_mother.JPG

If I am clear, you're asking if that plant is ready to take clones from, correct?

If so, I ask you, where do you see any harvestable clones on that plant? You mother needs to be MUCH larger to give you clones.

For example: Here's a mother of mine. I took 15 cuts from her right after I took this picture.

sw_mother.JPG

Very nice, how tall is that plant? Did you cut the growing cap?

Before sexing you only need one clone. In a week or two you can take the center top. Clone it and grow it up while growing the original. If it is a female you may be able to make her the mother and make more clones. You are going to want to top this plant two times anyway. May as well try to get clones when you do this.

Before sexing you only need one clone. In a week or or you cane take the center top. Clone it and grow it up while growing the original. If it is a female you may be able to make her the mother and make more clones. "You are going to want to top this plant two times anyway. May as well try to get clones when you do this.

Topping as in cutting the growing cap?

Topping as in cutting the growing cap?

Yeah, if you have a single plant you especially want to cut the growing cap after the 4th node is tall enough to clone, This will force it to have two tops. When you think those branches are tall enough cut both of those. That will give you four main branches. Every time you top it try to make clones.

Yeah, if you have a single plant you especially want to cut the growing cap after the 4th node is tall enough to clone, "This will force it to have two tops. When you think those branches are tall enough cut both of those. That will give you four main branches. Every time you top it try to make clones.

I was going to Low stress train the plant, should I still cut the top?

Thats week 3? What kind of lighting are you using? It seems a little small. What nutes are you using?

22 watt 6500k CFL (110w output)
2 11 watt 2700k CFL (60w output each)

I haven't used much in the way of nutes, probably three doses of miracle grow. I have a few slow release nute capsules i could put in (13% 13% 13%) should I? Should I use nutrients more?

I have been growing for over 30 years. That plant is not tiny for 3 weeks. Never mind what people say, this is for you

Who the hell needs to give nutes to a 3 week plant in good soil. all strains veg different duh! your plant should be 6 week old to give a few clones

I'm confused, its only meant to take 8 weeks to grow carmelicious, I'm in week 3 now so a month would mean the plant is 7 weeks old and almost ready to go to flower, isn't that really late?

That plant looks great, good job!

I believe you misinterpreted the flowering time - in your case 8 weeks would mean from the time it showed sex, which is usually-ish around week 4-5 after breaking free from its shell ;) so 11-12 weeks total or so, depending upon the appetite of your carmelicious yummm...:Namaste:

Try using LST, FIM, Topping, Super cropping to maximize new branch growth. This will help you get more clones from one plant while maintaining its height. From the pic you uploaded it is quite small, like many have mentioned. Also, transplanting it to bigger pot will allow your plant to explode in growth. Bigger pot will allow more root mass as they are not constricted in the small container, which may slow or stunt growth. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom