Is root bound really a thing

JelitoKopito

So currently doing my 2nd run and I was doing first time repotting my plants to bigger pots.
I was affraid that Im too late for repotting.
Not sure how completed root bound looks but when I take it out from pot I could see roots everywhere being shaped to the size of pod. So I just crush the soil with roots on every side slightly so roots can continue to additional soil. And all my young plants survived it and looking good.

So can it really be that much root bounded that its impossible to save? Not sure

Getting root bound can be fixed. You did everything right by the sounds of it. How were the roots when you looked at them? We’re they white in colour? If so their healthy, if brownish off coloured roots, then they are not happy, and may have other issues.

yes they were white

but what I googled pictures of cannabis root bound it wasnt that much as on those pictures that would be harder to save and more pinpoint work to reattach all those roots. (or how to say it :D)

But what I wanted to appoint is that many new growers think that root bound is irreversible

for example this would be very hard to fix/save I think (photo from google)

but still not impossible I think

It just depends how much it retarded/slow growth the plant during its life.

Attachments

• 760.jpg
    760.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 107
for example this would be very hard to fix/save I think (photo from google)

but still not impossible I think

It just depends how much it retarded/slow growth the plant during its life.

Im not for sure why you think this is not an easy fix? The plant is not root bound, its simply ready for transplant. Do not break up the soil, roots, or disturb them at all. Simply replant in a bigger pot and cover. You want a tight bound root mass. Never break up roots for transplant. That is why going up one size pots every time they need it is the best. For the final transplant before flower you will have a huge root mass.....

Back
Top Bottom