Is she a drunk?

ScHydro

Okay i thought towards the end of flowering theyre supposed to slow down taking up water? But my TUT girl is 8 weeks from the flip anf i thought she was about done because i wasnt really seeing any growth, so i change the bucket to plain water to let her start flushing, but now its like she hit a growth spurt and the buds have really bulked up and she has been drinking more water than ive ever seen her take up. So can anyone tell me whats going on? The only other thing i changed when this growth spurt happened was i had another light free up so i put it over this girl and doubled the direct light she is getting.

I don't know about slowing down on the uptake of water, but they do put on a LOT of their weight in the last couple weeks of flowering. One of the biggest "noob" mistakes is harvesting too early, so good job on waiting and don't be tempted to pull them early. Nice job on the grow!
:welldone:

Yes it is, i only have 2 cheap "300watt" leds i got from amazon, i cant find anywhere that tells me how many actual watts they are but i figure if im lucky they pull 300 watts between both of them. I have them less than an inch from my tops but they dont put off any heat and i havent seen any burning.

Thats what ive heard that they bulk up the most in the last two weeks. But ive also heard that they slow down taking up water when their almost done. But im gonna just ride it out and hopefully i will know when the time is right to cut her down.

Those white hairs or mushroom shaped crystals are called trichomes. Generally you wait to see some of those start to turn amber in color. They start out clear. Then get milky white. Then amber is the final stage.
I've read & can confirm to some degree the following info.
Milky white is a good feeling high. Amber is more of a couch lock. So when you see Amber starting to come you know the time is near. Harvest according to what kind of feeling you enjoy with milky vs amber percentage.

evening mr.Hydro, it's all dependent on what you are wanting from your plant feeling wise and I agree with everyone above from my own research. The worst thing is a happy trigger finger and you harvest prematurely ( had 3 so far ) so rather watch n wait, next time you think she's ready let her go another 2 weeks some members on here offer as well. But I'm on round 4 so lucky no4..

Back
Top Bottom