Is she ready already?

damifino

Hello. I have a hybrid, Indica dominant is what I am told and I was just looking at my buds and about half of the white hairs have turned amber color. Does anyone know why:? Am I suppose to pull it now? she is growing outside and is very healthy. Thank You

here is a picture you can see the hairs turning color

Re: Is she ready already??

Hello. I have a hybrid, Indica dominant is what I am told and I was just looking at my buds and about half of the white hairs have turned amber color. Does anyone know why:? Am I suppose to pull it now? she is growing outside and is very healthy. Thank You

here is a picture you can see the hairs turning color

When your buds start to change from white to orange/red/purple/etc, they are maturing and getting closer to harvest. By the way, you forgot to upload the pic on your post.

How long has your plant been blooming? I have some plants indoor and their white hairs started changing color too early. I found out that is was because they had hermied and pollinated. But seeing that you are in New Jersey and are outside, this is probable them maturing naturally due to fall coming on. I would like to see the pic also if you can upload it.

IMG_144218.JPG
IMG_144218.JPG
How long has your plant been blooming? I have some plants indoor and their white hairs started changing color too early. I found out that is was because they had hermied and pollinated. But seeing that you are in New Jersey and are outside, this is probable them maturing naturally due to fall coming on. I would like to see the pic also if you can upload it.

Oh my. I am not sure how to upload the picture. I just did it and it took up the entire page LOL. Thank you all for answering my question, so here is the photo. you will have to zoom in on it tho. My plant has been flowering for about 4 weeks now. They are all up and down the stem. It appears that the will grow together in time to make one very long bud. Is that correct?? I used a jewelers eys and I do see those trichomes and they look sorta clear and sorta white. But then again I really have no clue what I am looking at. I thought this was a lot easier than it has been. LOL - I'm sure the work is going to be sooooo worth it tho. Thanks again

It sounds like you are looking at it right with the jeweler's loop. Keep an eye on those trichomes and follow paddysmoke's instructions above for when to harvest. It looks like those hairs are starting to change do to shorting days and she will be ready in a few weeks.

Judging by that picture and you saying its 4 weeks into flower Id have to say you still have a way to go....

I'm located in the northern hemisphere and mine are similar to your plants which are also outside. I would give them some more time to bud out. The trichomes are what you want to assess before you cut your plants down. Here you go...
photo20.PNG

Judging by that picture and you saying its 4 weeks into flower Id have to say you still have a way to go....

Oh okay. A ways to go meaning atleast till the end of September or beginning of October right?? hey and thanks sooo much for the information. Much Appreciated :thanks:

Okay I will keep an eye on the trichomes with my jeweler loop but its really difficult to see whether they are milky white and clear or not. that's is when I want to pull them. so even tho the white hairs are turning amber I still wait for my trichomes. I can do that. I am going on vacation to Costa Rica for 10 days so will have to check them when I get back. I pray mother nature gives them a drink while i'm away thanks so much for your advice

Milky white in color is exactly what I'm waiting for as well. They are resilient plants, but need water. Hopefully, where your located is starting to cool down. Have fun in Costa Rica and hope to see how your plants turn out!!

Back
Top Bottom