Is she ready for harvest?

Dexter81

Hi Everybody,

I am quite a new grower with only one grow under my belt. Which I think I harvested a little to early.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you could help me determine if my plant is ready. The whole of the plant seems ready except the buds on the main stem. For some reason it seems like that one is developing a bit slower than the others. Could anyone please give me their opinion on weather or not she looks ready for harvest.

Any feedback is much appreciated :Namaste:.

Thank you,

Dexter

IMG_180526.JPG
IMG_180232.JPG
IMG_180425.JPG
IMG_180027.JPG
IMG_180325.JPG

Thanks for your reply. I don't have anything to zoom closer in than the pictures posted unfortunately. The strain is Northern Light and she has been on 12/12 for 8 weeks and 7 days (61 days)

High Dexter

Looks like most of the trichs are still clear so a bit early yet imo. I tried blowin up the pic on my computer but the resolution is too low to view individual trichomes. Overall they look mainly clear but I'm pretty sure she's done gaining any more weight.

If you haven't flushed her yet I would ASAP as she is showing signs of nute burn all over and that slows maturation of the flowers as well as leaving the finished product with a nasty nute flavour.

I'm just finishing up cropping my NL girl that has the same thing going on and not very happy with the yield.

:peace:

Thanks for your feedback OldMedUser! I started flushing her on friday, 3rd of june, and have given her another plain feeding since then. I have been adding cal-mag to the plain feedings, is that right to do or should I only make sure the PH level is with in the 5.5 - 6.5 range?

At this stage you are just wasting the calmag so plain pHed water will do.

Do you have a magnifying glass or scope to get a good look at the trichomes? Even a hi-rez picture blown up can give you a good enough look to see if any are going amber. I crop when they are about 50/50 clear/cloudy and 90% or so of the hairs have gone red. I like a more heady high and seems to take weeks longer if I wait for a lot to go amber. Not going to get any more yield waiting for amber just more couch-lock.

I use a tiny 10X magnifying glass to check mine out. One of those little folding ones you can get at drug stores or hobby shops.

:peace:

Yes I do have a magnifying glass. Just the one you described. I just have a bit of a hard time determining if she is ready or not. I am looking for the same sort of high/readiness. Don't want the trichomes to go amber. I took another picture of her today and uploaded it in full res. I hope it reveals a bit more than the ones I first posted.

Thanks for your help so far :thumb:

IMG_180930.JPG

Ok id still go one more week. But thats me.
I know plenty of growers that like to pull when its like yours. Its how you like your pot. Maybe just take the tops off the buds for now and let the rest go a little more

THE GREEN RACER.

Back
Top Bottom