Is she ready? Pics

GuerillaGRO

420 Member
I have tried to zoom in with my camera but this is the best i can get...maybe i should mess with the settings more. I am broke and don't have money for a magnifying glass or a jewelers loupe. I want to be able to check the trichomes for change. Anyways does it look like she is close? I have another plant i want to get some pics of ill post in a little bit, 75% of the hairs on it are brown...but that doesn't necessarily mean they are ready. I want maximum potency or pretty close to it.
ready_or_not.jpg

Ide say just a wee bit longer....But theres no real way to tell unless you examine the trichomes.
Yeah i do plan on geta scope....I want her to be the best she can be! In the Army LOL

Very nice!

Thanks she is my favorite plant and the only purple one. She would be much bigger if there wasn't 2 full month without any rain. I had to Lug every last drop she got out to her! Had to take 50 gallons a week out to the patch. Now i kind of wish i would have taken 100 or more a week. Plus next year ill make sure i use grow bags so they will keep the moisture around the roots.

Here is some more pics for anyone who cares to see. If I got the pics why not share them?

P1010963.jpg

This is another one of my favorites. She is short and dense like an indica but her leaves are narrow like a sativa. I have another that look very similar. These were the only ones started in 2 square gallon buckets filled with 1/3 vermiculite 2/3 perlite. I had to transplant after i wasn't seen much more additional growth i stuck them straight in the ground. She has a very health root structure. I'm considering using this method on all my plants next year(but not wait to get root bound). Maybe Ill add 1/4 verm 1/4 perlite 1/2 ocean forrest.

P1010962.jpg

Same as above different view.

P1010972.jpg

This is the above plant sister with similar structure.

P1010958.jpg

P1010959.jpg

The above 2 pics aren't AK, this is a bagseed strain I transplanted from beside my driveway where my friends would park and roll blunts. She was found very early in the season and probably been though a frost or two. She was about a foot tall when i found her in May. She was topped and tied down.

More.
q1010938.jpg

Welcome to the Jungle baby! Here is the largest plant I tried to train to keep shorter. I tied down and then tied down more but it is still like 6' tall. I think it would be 10' or more if i didn't tie them down. It kind of got out of control! The buds are not huge but there are hundreds of them.

q1010939.jpg

q1010940.jpg

These 2 pics are the from the same plant as above but showing more of the bud structure. The bud structure on this plants seems very delicate unlike the rest. I think this pheno might be relatively small yielding for the plants size. All the leaves extending out of the buds curl down with a high concentration of trichcomes. The way the long skinny bud extend from the leaf nodes reminds me of a male bud. they are very sticky and remind me of citronella.

P1010951.jpg

P1010950.jpg

P1010941.jpg

The above pics are of some my 2nd largest plants colas.

Thanks for the coments guys
they are looking great!, i am assuming these are from this year? most other outdoor grows I see they aren't that far along yet!
Yeah I think this strain showed sex very early and started budding very early but it still seems like they are taking so long to wrap it up! I think the buds may be 75 percent full size and now they are slowing down as if they were producing seed but producing rezin instead.
I took these seeds from a hermie i had last year so i was scared they wouldn't be any good. I did find 1 or 2 hermies out of like 30 plants. But the rest were completely female and so far im not finding seed developing. occasionally I tear off a false seed pod to make sure there is no seed developing inside. So far so good. Knock on wood! LOL!
Oh yeah I do not have 30 plants as of right now. I had problems with animals munching on them and digging them up! Mostly all they killed off was small late planted girls. I was really pissed when they killed one of my big ones and almost killed two off my small ones! Those little Furry bastards I guess they couldn't read my sign that said don't fuck with my girls! I put down some Shake Away and that helped alot but the did still come back a couple times but didn't do much harm.

Sure Mayor it would be an honor to check out your grow!

Beautiful eye candy . . . I'm sure the smoke will be wonderful also. +Reps

Thanks guys! I will have take some pics just before I harvest. I will probably start a new thread and add a link to it from here. That way I can name it properly.
I definitely want to get more pics of the purple one. that is the one everyone likes to look at!
Oh yeah I got a scope today too from radio shack. It does the trick! No more guessing from now on! Thanks Shaggy
I posted on your Mazar grow MGB. Very nice healthy looking plant! Nothing like a good tie down to bush your plants out to get several good size colas!

OoOo i can't wait for a smoke report on this baby!

Super trichome vision? LOL! I want some of the shit your smokin! Actually that would be pretty cool because this little scope is kind of difficult to use. Holding down the branch with the bud you want to see while trying to aim it and get it in focus. Plus it is hard to hold that still! Any tips?

About the smoke report, I don't know if i would be the best one to write it b/c one his of some mids gets me pretty bent. I don't know very many hippies or cannabis connoisseurs that would be able to describe it well. Most of the people I know smoke nothing but blunts and don't really appreciate all the different characteristics different strains have. I used to be a major pot smoker, couldn't even visit my mom without smoking a bowl first! Then i quit and since then weed makes me have anxiety and paranoia. I wish could smoke more often but I am more of an opiate person now, which is not good cuz opiates are like laid back crack if you get used to taking them daily. Actually in some way worse b/c of the terrifying WD. Kind of funny how easily they can be obtained legally compared to weed. Actually I give most of my weed to 2 medical smokers that I used to smoke with. I love the marijuana plant because it is so beautiful and enjoyable to grow! Well i guess it would be fine for me to do the report just take into consideration that I am an ultra light weight! Wait if i get high I might not post it cuz ill be thinking, There all gonna laugh at me! Ha ha!

I am trying to decide if I want to start a new thread or continue in this one. I just want it properly named. I initially started this thread just to show one pic and get an estimate on how much longer till its ready. Cuz I do want to continue to update the pics and put down a smoke report plus dry weight and pics of manicured buds.

Here are some fresh pics from today. I am hoping to harvest a week from now. They are starting to ripen up now. i would say maybe 10 percent of trichomes are starting turn amber, the rest have swelled up and turned cloudy. I started off with one purple plant now i have several starting to turn. Some of them even have red and blue hues.
I have pulled a couple samples a week ago and dryed them out and began curing. I noticed that the purple buds have started loosing some of the intensity. Now you have to look closer to notice the purple. Is this usually what happens to purple bud? I was hoping there was a way i could get them to keep more color.
P1010949.jpg

P10109621.jpg

P1010942.jpg

P10109521.jpg
P1010964.jpg

p1010945.jpg

P10109701.jpg

P1010967.jpg

Oh I forgot to mention one plant had to be pulled early because 70 mph winds ripping through the area on last sunday. I was able to leave 3 branches to ripen up. This was the plant that I found growing in my driveway. LOL! The storm knocked down 4 of my other plants that i had to prop back up.

Wow man you've got some gorgeous girls there. The colors on those colas are intense! I dont really know about the purple fading on buds. After they dry/cure depending on the strain, they are likely to lose some of the brighter hues and become much more subtle. The violet color should still remain though... maybe smokin moose can help you out with the purple problems, he seems to have a vast knowledge about purple strains.(or at least a lot of pictures...lol) Good luck with harvest and keep us updated.

Back
Top Bottom