Is that a normal grow rate?

silloroy

Hi guys
Im on my first grow day 50 of veg.
my 4 girls that are skunk#1 and Northern lights - both feminized
Their hieght is only about 60cm from the top of the pot.
from stuff i read i know that:
They should get to 100-120cm in height
and that they veg for 50-60 days

Questions:
1.Is the fact that my girls height is 60cm on day 50 of veg is Normal?
2.When should i switch to flowering?
3.Is the fact that it is very crowded - 4 plants in a 60*60*160cm tent, damages their height?

Thank you all, pics below

21731.JPG
31535.JPG
IMG_8893.jpg

HI silloroy your plants look very nice and healthy and I would flower them now due to your grow space size.
They look like mature plants and could be overcrowded some already.I have not grown these strains but know most strains stretch the first 3 weeks as much or more than double their size.
You should check up on defoliation to thin out all that under growth too . YOu can see in the sideways picture how your light is pentrating maybe half way in and those leaves and budsites in the dark will have a better chance of getting a disease or just producing less quality buds.:goodluck:

Hey organic, thanks for commenting. i just read the entire link on defoliation,
sounds a little bit of an advanced technuiqe isnt it??
and isnt it too late to start at day 50 of veg?
so do you recommend switching to flowering anyway? wether i`ll do defoliation or not?
thanks man!

Hey organic, thanks for commenting. i just read the entire link on defoliation,
sounds a little bit of an advanced technuiqe isnt it??
and isnt it too late to start at day 50 of veg?
so do you recommend switching to flowering anyway? wether i`ll do defoliation or not?
thanks man!

Im glad you looked into that , I do think it is an advanced technique and I am personally scared to be that extreme.You have a good grow going on with a very full canopy already and I would flower them soon. I think extra stuff packed all up down low and not getting light could be stealing or wasting some energy going to those buds up top coming soon and possibly creating an environment for future problems. You can flower as is and maybe decide after the stretch if any of that lower stuff is worthwhile or could be removed for air flow.
1 I think your plants look great for your space in height and build
2 You should flower soon
3 maybe
but I would be pretty happy with them like this

Thanks for the tips guys
I switched to flowering last night,
my biggest fear now is the crowdiness in the tent so
intuitively I did some pruning of the lower branches and fan leaves - but not
to the extreme of lollipopping that i saw on instructional videos...
hope they will be fine and grow big buds :)

Back
Top Bottom