Is the smell that strong/bad?

atomicbox

Im planning my first grow and I got everything cover except for odor control. My question is does it really smell that bad? Like I dont want my neighbors smelling it (I live in a row home) I want relatives to be able to come by and not being brused off there feet with the sweet smell of mary jane. I mean is it like that or is it just if your in the room its growing in its bad?

it depends on what kind and how many really. what did you have in mind that you want to grow?

During flowering, yes it will smell. . . your neighbhors my not smell one plant, but anyone coming into your house may. . I remember, last Christmas, I had my exhaust fan burn out on me. . . took about a week, to get everything sorted out and back on line. . . during which, my whole house smelled of MJ from about 3 plants. . Relatives and friends came over for xmas dinner, everyone could smell it. . . Luckily with the fresh pine tree, and xmas candles, the odors kinda mixed together. I could smell it as soon as I opened my front door.

With a small grow, you can pick up something like Ono block. . . place it in your growing space, and that should take care of a majority of your odor.

Bagz :peace:

Thanks for the info Bagz. Ill be doing 4 to 6 plants in a master bedroom closet. Good thing is the closet has a door in the cieling that leads to the attic/roof so im thinking I can do something with that. Any suggestions on what I should use for odor thats simple easy and cost effective.

Oh and I forgot im growing Northern Lights from Nirvana cause I herd it was a good beginner strain and I have some seeds that I collected from headie batches over the past few month to work with.

Just like Bagzgroove said
Ono block works well, you can always buy a couple and a big jar of OnoGel, it works perfect. you can just put them near the door of the bedroom in and out. Northern Lights doesnt have that much of a strong smell, you can insert a small computer fan inside a metalized or even plastic exhaust ( i forgot what they are called, but yu can get them in any hardware store ) i remmember those days

Thanks for the info Bagz. Ill be doing 4 to 6 plants in a master bedroom closet. Good thing is the closet has a door in the cieling that leads to the attic/roof so im thinking I can do something with that. Any suggestions on what I should use for odor thats simple easy and cost effective.

Oh and I forgot im growing Northern Lights from Nirvana cause I herd it was a good beginner strain and I have some seeds that I collected from headie batches over the past few month to work with.

sounds similar to what I have in mind for my upstairs closet...would be interested in seeing some pics of your setup..:grinjoint:

When my lowryders (4 females) were flowering, I could smell them on my front porch. The entire house smelled. I have a fan venting under the house so I put a filter airfreshner on my fan. It pulls the smell pass the airfreshener and my yard smelled of jasmine. Candles and airfreshners took care of the inside. We live in the woods to ourselves, but I still didn't want the smell to overtake any stranger that may wander down our drive past the "No Trespassing" sign. I crawled under the house to get some kittens out before I added the airfreshner and the bud smelled wonderful. Smell can be good or bad . . . depends on the perspective. Cops never have a good perspective!

i have my plants in my mums house.they are just going into flowering.tbh if i leave the room doors open then the hole house smells but if i close my room doors and open window it dosnt really small at all.aswell u can have those smelly timers (glaze plugins) or something

Back
Top Bottom