Is there any benefit to combining LED and HPS with Coco?

Hey guys, :laugh: we have sole agent in South Africa, they ship containers every other month from China and pay full tax to South Africa, so customers can get fast shipping and wonderful customer service as well. If anyone need the agent info. please feel free to send me email. I will direct you to our agent. :high-five:

Excellent news!

Again, I don't want to ruffle any feathers over brands or anything. If using an HPS in conjunction with my exiting LED's works out well, I might just do it on a little bigger scale. Like a whopping 2 led and 2 HPS grow. Gigantic. lol.

LEDexpert, are you thinking adding 6500k spectrum in LED or CFL would help?

I'm checking out your grow, Grow Bro. :)

I'm wondering if putting some LED bright 6500k strips around the sides of the tent or room would fix the LED grow light issues? Despite being LED's they definitely put out a fair amount of heat. Particularly when the tent is zipped for 12/12.

Really, the heat and the energy expense of the HPS is concerning to me.

Hey guys, :laugh: we have sole agent in South Africa, they ship containers every other month from China and pay full tax to South Africa, so customers can get fast shipping and wonderful customer service as well. If anyone need the agent info. please feel free to send me email. I will direct you to our agent. :high-five:

Thanks @SmokeSara ! I remember Deville used to Rock with Mars 2 hydro.
Sadly I miss the guy !! He was always up to something fantastic! Hope he graces us with his presence again soon.
Im sure he won some Mars gear in a comp on 420 too.

:Namaste:

Excellent news!

Again, I don't want to ruffle any feathers over brands or anything. If using an HPS in conjunction with my exiting LED's works out well, I might just do it on a little bigger scale. Like a whopping 2 led and 2 HPS grow. Gigantic. lol.

LEDexpert, are you thinking adding 6500k spectrum in LED or CFL would help?
Cfl wont do much with a HPS around.
Better LED.
Try get best u can afford.
Check you tube for comparison of different LEDS!!

Good luck.

:goodluck::reading420magazine::nomo:

I'm checking out your grow, Grow Bro. :)

I'm wondering if putting some LED bright 6500k strips around the sides of the tent or room would fix the LED grow light issues? Despite being LED's they definitely put out a fair amount of heat. Particularly when the tent is zipped for 12/12.

Really, the heat and the energy expense of the HPS is concerning to me.
The LEDS i used were full spectrum. With ultraviolet and uv too.
If u having heat issues then i would do one of 2 things.
1. Bigger extractors
2. Remove LEDS before HPS.

Don't be like me and waist a whole grow with poor to meduim LEDS!
U got a pic of your stuff. Tent fans lights etc?

The LEDS i used were full spectrum. With ultraviolet and uv too.
If u having heat issues then i would do one of 2 things.
1. Bigger extractors
2. Remove LEDS before HPS.

Don't be like me and waist a whole grow with poor to meduim LEDS!
U got a pic of your stuff. Tent fans lights etc?

I'll try to get pics in the morning. The tent is dark now and I just flipped to flower. During the day I leave the tent open as I am almost always home at the beginning and end of light cycles.

I only have a four inch exhaust fan. I am thinking that may need to be a six inch. It's got my home made activated charcoal filter in front of it. Then a 10 inch oscillating and six inch auxiliary fan. Then when It's open (during daytime and light cycles, I have a 16 inch oscillating fan for the tent and my clone area.

The lights I have said they were full spectrum, but evidently they are not actually as full as they should be. I'm learning...lol.

At least I seem to be alright at cloning. 20 for 20 thus far. And by saying that, I am bound to issues next time!

I intend to become good at growing cannabis. It's such an important blessing for so many, and I want to be in a position to help people in need. I lost a friend to cancer earlier this year, and had I been able to provide him with RSO, he would have tried it. But I didn't have that ability. And it still hurts....So I'm kind of motivated.

Thanks @SmokeSara ! I remember Deville used to Rock with Mars 2 hydro.
Sadly I miss the guy !! He was always up to something fantastic! Hope he graces us with his presence again soon.
Im sure he won some Mars gear in a comp on 420 too.

:Namaste:
Yes, Deville growing very fantastic with our lights, miss him a lot, hope to see him around again soon as well. :Namaste:

Here are the pics. I forgot to get one of the little fan down at the level of the plants. It's a six inch clip on and it doesn't oscillate. First one is clones under mostly LED and a CFK in the 6500k spectrum. They were taken out of the tent on the 15th so I could flip the others. Then the lights. I lifted the front one up so I can get in the tent easier.

The leaf pic is the only deficiency still showing on one of the mothers. This is after feeding everyday for less than a week. There is a little issue with the tips on a few of the clones outside of the tent. I feel confident that it will rectify itself.

The fourth pic is of the fastest clones in the flower tent.

I plan on taking some clones from the vegging clones and then running a veg tent and a flower tent for a perpetual grow. But I think 12 plants in the 4x4 is too many. This is Gorilla Glue , fyi. Thoughts?
20181018_080452.jpg
nt and flipping them next week.
20181018_080029.jpg
20181018_080012.jpg
20181018_080124.jpg
20181018_080124.jpg
20181018_080148.jpg
20181018_080029.jpg
20181018_080012.jpg
20181018_080148.jpg

Attachments

• 20181018_080139.jpg
    20181018_080139.jpg
    778.5 KB · Views: 50
Well...That didn't work out like I had planned! Lol. The last pic is the clones I just flipped to flower...Sigh.

Please be patient with me. I will figure the site out with a little time.

Looks good bro!!
Yes 12 way to many for a 4x4 tent!!
You will find it hard to fit 4 in their when they start their stretch.
If i go backto when i started i also have a pic of 4x4 tent full of small plants.
Shows that you super amped.
And thats a good thing.
Try get a little HPS un their for flowering bro. You wont regret it i promice.
:thumb:

Uhhh....Well, thanks!!! And I'm in trouble!

I have 12 plants going. I'm getting another tent and the HPS light. But if four are crowded, then I'm going to need a total of 3 tents with lights just for flower. Gulp. Which means I'm actually going to need four because I want to do perpetual grows.

No way 6 will fit in a 4x4 and be okay?

Back
Top Bottom