Is there something wrong with my carbon scrubber?

RookieJuana

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am a newbie and this is my first grow. I am just beside myself about an issue I am having with, I believe, my carbon scrubber. I've only used it for 2 days on its lowest setting and when I went into my groom this morning and felt the humidity, I immediately knew something wasn't right with my fan. Or so i thought. Okay so here's my setup: 190 CFM 4 by 16-Inch Carbon Filter,Thickness Of 1.5 Inches Activated Virgen Carbon, connected by 12 inches of air ducting to a 4 inch inline fan, with all the hot air leaving the tent through more ducting at a 90 degree angle so not to let light in. As I said, I have only run the fan at the very lowest speed because it really creates a vacuum and a lot of negative pressure if it's turned up too high. For this reason I added another intake spot through one of the sleeved holes on the side of the tent. I put a filter over the end of the ducting. This created the perfect amount of negative pressure and I ran my carbon filter for 2 days for about 12 hours each day. When I go check on my plants this morning, it was extremely humid (94%) because the fan/carbon scrubber combo had stopped working. There was no longer a large amount of air moving quickly out of the ducting and also I didn't feel a lot of suction through the carbon filter. I took off the ducting and disconnected the carbon filter from the fan and then the fan started blowing powerfully and pushing a lot of air through that ducting that's exiting the tent. Just like it had worked for two days. However, for some reason, when it is connected to the carbon scrubber it stops working. I don't understand-- there's nothing I can do to the scrubber itself. It's all one big connected piece. I took the filter off that goes outside and around the carbon scrubber and expected it to be dirty but it wasn't at all. Does anybody know what it's going on? Thank you so much in advance as they will be entering flowering in a few weeks and I want to remain stealthy.

Sorry for the book, I'm new and wanted to be thorough.

Get a photo of the carbon scrubber setup. It sounds like you are straining the blower motor with the addition of a secondary filter and this slows the motor down to the point where it impedes the airflow through the tent.

Back
Top Bottom